Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    by hardcore pvper i just mean that is all i do when i log on, not claiming to be the best or anything man
    Saw you on tyranny the other day, you should play your guy on Fury more

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    Sorry but i just share My experiences..I am a noob bs and started to play few months ago and i would like to see soon how hardcore pvper you r
    Liar
    back to the topic; lets wait and test latency..it is too late to stop Funcom.

Let's not judge before we even know what it will be like

Well I´m pretty anxious about the merge... as it could be both complet success or final fail...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

first impression of new location for EU servers... bad

latency gone from 40-70ms to 130-160ms :/ this is not good

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Don't start flaming.

Pvpers have every right to complain. Of course you can play with a higher ping, of course you can get used to it. But it's still a downgrade of the gaming experience - which hurts coming from a game that still has a pricey monthly sub.
    Of course it's a downgrade to some people, none said it wasn't. Problem is you guys are doing so much ado about NOTHING. Unless you have slow thinking (to not use that word that gets posts censured), this downgrade isn't even noticiable. You won't perform worse because your latency is at 150 mS now, what will happen is aussies/kiwis, south americans, and other far away people who had really lame latency, performing better.

You have the right to complain, but how about them? You think only your money counts? Seems it doesn't. FunCon needs to reduce costs, consolide playerbase and implement that server tech. Do you think it's possible to please everyone, economic wise? If you have a better solution, besides pointless whining, I'm pretty sure FunCon would love to implement it. Perhaps a server on your room?

But then, don't complain about the "pricey subscription", or the decreasing playerbase due to price and emptyness.

Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shealeigh View Post
    Of course it's a downgrade to some people, none said it wasn't. Problem is you guys are doing so much ado about NOTHING. Unless you have slow thinking (to not use that word that gets posts censured), this downgrade isn't even noticiable. You won't perform worse because your latency is at 150 mS now, what will happen is aussies/kiwis, south americans, and other far away people who had really lame latency, performing better.

You have the right to complain, but how about them? You think only your money counts? Seems it doesn't. FunCon needs to reduce costs, consolide playerbase and implement that server tech. Do you think it's possible to please everyone, economic wise? If you have a better solution, besides pointless whining, I'm pretty sure FunCon would love to implement it. Perhaps a server on your room?

But then, don't complain about the "pricey subscription", or the decreasing playerbase due to price and emptyness.

Derp.
    What? Of course we'll perform worse, just because you don't know the difference it makes doesn't mean it makes none. Ever played competitive pvp with a sub 100 ping? guess not. And how about Russians, South Africans, people from Turkey and Middle East etc? THEY get far worse ping on US servers you know.

And btw FC lied. US server tech isn't really better than EU ones : ping is as spiky and unstable as ever, except now our base latency is loads higher. In other words our latency is not nearly as low as on TL.
    Fantastic for pvp.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    first impression of new location for EU servers... bad

latency gone from 40-70ms to 130-160ms :/ this is not good
    Got exactly the same numbers. I also spiked to 550mS while being online for 60 seconds and looking at latency.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    just because you don't know the difference it makes doesn't mean it makes none. And how about Russians, South Africans, people from Turkey and Middle East etc? THEY get far worse ping on US servers you know.

And btw FC lied.
    Well, nice point. I just hope you're wrong. In any case, I'll start to look for my next MMO. But for now I'll just see how things will turn out. Game became quite boring lately anyway.

Since the server move has occurred I'm closing this thread down as there is a discussion going on in a new thread regarding latency after the server merges.

Thread closed
    Closed
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324