Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    I must say i don't understand why a game that is mostly played by europeans is moving it's server to us. Then again they aren't working here anymore right? So that must be the reason but anyway this is bad for most of the players.
    Infrastructure reason ? Financial reason ? Legal reason ? We could imagine many things, but it's true it doesn't appear as very "utilitarianist" (in the way this doesn't seems to be in favor the highest possible number of players.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I'm not sure why people are posting their current AoC EU ping as it doesn't give any basis for comparison.
    Simple, you wont see EU players playing on the 'dead' servers which is the US servers. Yourself also posted what your ping is like to EU aoc . If you're not sure why we are posting it, why did you? :o

294ms constant from New Zealand to US servers.

you guys bitching about pings of 250ms, just lol. gtfo you winging baby. fyi there is already a few English guys who play with us on the US servers.
    Last edited by McFiend; 26th April 2013 at 23:28.

Mmmm, this scares me a little, time to stop spending money in item shop and prepare to quit if server goes US. If latency is more than 100ms i quit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    Mmmm, this scares me a little, time to stop spending money in item shop and prepare to quit if server goes US. If latency is more than 100ms i quit for sure.
    This is a huge concern for players in PVP. Because in PVE, mobs are generally stationary, and they are also much larger then a player usually. It is easier to land combos on a mob by far. However in PVP, higher latency will result in far more frequent misses, which result in frustration which will cause people to leave I'd imagine. I am hoping Funcom does some kind of testing on this, since in PVP it is very easy to miss combos due to people moving a lot to try and get you to miss. So I'd imagine with 200-300 latency, playing classes like DT's, Carnage Conq's and Assassins would prove to be most difficult in PVP. And for those running around with those classes as the toons they PVP on, I could imagine some serious frustration will follow if Funcom doesn't take the time to look into this.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 27th April 2013 at 09:43.

If the latency goes over 100 it's an issue...

There might be some good things, if some techincal issues get solved.

All and all i have a feeling that this is not customer service issue, it's more like making things easier for fc and cutting down costs on the expanse of gaming experince. That's what worries me. Living in europe and playing bf3 on any server outside eu gave too high ping to be enjoyable.

I play on EU servers from Turkey, my latency is 150 - 200 m/s

I have latency now around 50ms.. if the moving to US means that its going to me 150ms or more thats enough reason for me to quit as in PVP its simply too much.

If the technical issues of the poor server performance are solved you'd actually have better latency (even though you may not see it displayed) as on the EU servers currently. Very occasionally (usually after a reset) they run nicely and you can notice it, the rest of time it's quite poor performance.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

When i played TSW i had no problems whatsoever.
    As per usual people get panicky for absolutely no reason.
    When the EU servers moved from The Netherlands to Norway people we panicky as well. The difference? None.

This is a total I-Country problem. "Oh noes, i MIGHT get some MILLISECONDS more latency!"

Vorbiz Edit: Discussing politics doesn't go down well on these forums! Please avoid in future. Thanks.
    Last edited by Vorbiz; 28th April 2013 at 15:27.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast