Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Bylos way to get the missus pregnant right as I wanted you to save my game! selfish selfish. please fix wyrm dude... only way people are killing it is exploiting. please add off pieces buyable for some absurd 300+ rares. I'm tired of doing pillars 100 times and rof 200 times and still no tiger hands or wolves belt on my dt. fix bat in 3.5 ... very buggy and prevents people from going there.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

About damn time! Now PLEASE mr Game Director, don't promise and not follow through! You have been great so far.

And btw, the HUGE portions of missed content that wasn't thought about for the crafting system. Doesn't surprise me. Glad you took over!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Bylos way to get the missus pregnant right as I wanted you to save my game! selfish selfish. please fix wyrm dude... only way people are killing it is exploiting. please add off pieces buyable for some absurd 300+ rares. I'm tired of doing pillars 100 times and rof 200 times and still no tiger hands or wolves belt on my dt. fix bat in 3.5 ... very buggy and prevents people from going there.
    A boy becomes man after 47th pillars run.

"It's good to explain to people why things take time."
    - Joel at 17:30
    Talking seriously to players - That!

Playing almost since release, done it all, leading raids on all encounters...
    I've got to say this is really GREAT news!

I'm especially happy for the PvP-Unchained announcement:
    Let skill rule - trash that damned equip!

One thing I'd hope for, if I may add...
    One of the finest instances in the game is the T3.5 Temple of Erlik, which unfortunately, for certain reasons, is essentially not raided anymore.
    (We're struggling hard to keep the last regular T3.5 raid running on Mitra, german PvE).
    I'd hope they could squeeze in a T3.5 revamp, as it would be a cheap&efficient way of opening thrilling content to the raid community in AoC.
    A good, productive discussion on the topic developed in the TL-forum:
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=58589

Keep on going, and Hybora will flourish!

Btw. Funcom successfully restructured its financial situation yesterday on an extraordinary meeting of shareholders (see http://www.funcom.com/investors for more info), so that looks fine now too for the next years.

All after all, the future looks bright!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The code fixes are in the *next* code version. So as long as it is approved they will be in the next version.

We have discussed a new trailer for the 5th anniversary - it will depend on how much time the marketing department has.
    LOL, Seriously? Is this a indirect slam at the marketing dept, or are you actually seriously implying that they are busy?

From all the magazines, air time, and press talking about AOC, it's hard to believe that they do have time for something. Dang, I can't go into Gamestop without them mentioning AOC.

Sarcasm! Gamestop employees don't even know the game still exists!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Sounds great! I can't wait to see how much they destroy in the process of releasing all..

I agree on changing the t3.5 raid - not the mechanics, just the loot. There is just NO incentive to go there. Almost all the loot / gear there is inferior to t4, when t4 is so doable. Easier just to skip it. Other than vanity, or just to say you've done it, it's very hard to work up any enthusiasm to go there. Although it is very pretty - such a waste!
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post

Sarcasm! Gamestop employees don't even know the game still exists!
    Maybe the marketing dep is one guy, that has to market every Funcom game.

Point being, why would a gamestop employee care about f2p MMORPGS.

Since PvP gear is going to be obsolete with the new changes any plans to turn that nice looking tier 2 and 3 pvp gear into social outfits?

Joel, as you mentioned in the interview, craig morrison's team promised us a lot of things, including a HoX, then necro and Demo revamp. You said there was a revamp already being done, and now in that interview you mentioned that PvP is going to be skill based and not gear based from now on. In my point of view, by removing the gear requeriment from PvP, class balances changes 100% and some classes might need a huge special attention regarding its role in pvp. I'm very curious about what you're going to do with the class revamps.

Can we expect a new design for class balance with the new pvp system? You can't just allow a fresh 80 Conqueror **** everything like they are doing right now when they get gear. PvP would become a Soldier's arena.

Sorry for my bad english, but I think you can get the idea behind my post. Thank you if you read it.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast