Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You have a marketing department? Really?
    Have to place the work experience kids somewhere.

Everyone would be much happier in life if they didn't expect miracles.
    Last edited by Invino; 25th April 2013 at 16:22.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You have a marketing department? Really?

offshore at the moment, and can't (yet) check the interview. but this made my day!

"Curiosity was framed, IGNORANCE killed the cat..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The code fixes are in the *next* code version. So as long as it is approved they will be in the next version.

We have discussed a new trailer for the 5th anniversary - it will depend on how much time the marketing department has.
    Go out there and poke (maybe your "hammer" from your bunker may be handy here) them until they have time. ^^ The Unchained Trailer still makes me go play aoc everytime i watch it. Its great, its atmospheric, it will catch Ppls attention. Its the one thing, Funcom is unbeatable good at, making good looking, atmospheric trailers (as atmospheric as their games). But Funcom makes not enough use of that gold.

and thanx for the answers.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 25th April 2013 at 16:46.

Exciting stuff! I really hope the unchained minigames will help to retain new pvp-focused players. I'm also interested in what Joel will say in the GD letter on other pvp aspects of the game.

On the PvE side, of course new locations would be nice, but many of the old world dungeons are sadly neglected atm. So the focus on providing Unchained versions of those makes perfect sense to me. Personally I'm looking forward to spending hours in the unchained version of a huge place like Black Castle.

Plus, if Joel's focus works out and player numbers increase (something we should all hope for - AoC will never be WoW but it definitely has more potential than its current numbers suggest), maybe there'll be some scope for genuinely new content at a later stage, e.g. through a tie-in with Legend of Conan.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

2+ days for translating letter. This can't be serious.
    With 3 language forums left.

This look like letter releasing artifictially delayed to 29-30 of april. Blame the translator.

Killing 4 rabbits in one shot is pretty cool overall. March-April, + May(or even June) letters and 5th birthday one letter. But not so cool, when you are one who waiting it.
    Last edited by hoskuldr; 25th April 2013 at 17:43.

I hope moving the EU and US servers to the same location won't cause any latency issues. That's the only thing I'm worried about.

I hope the ping won't get worse for Australians if the servers move! Currently we're getting 330ms in Western Australia!

Quote Originally Posted by norisak View Post
    I hope moving the EU and US servers to the same location won't cause any latency issues. That's the only thing I'm worried about.
    Same concerns here. Latency already isn't that good sometimes but heh, it's the fate of nearly all MMO.

But I hope moving the servers THAT far won't impact the latency.

somehow thats no issue at all at tsw and they have everything at the same location too (east coast afaik)

Good stuff, really good!

Good luck, Mr Bylos!

...eeeerrrrr, hang on, one more thing ...HoX revamp(tweak) lol is off the grid, I guess!? Kinda used to that

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast