Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Sadly some people cant pvp unless they chase lowbies with their pimped chars. I see a lot of people like this. When i charged them with my chars (that are high pvp lvls) they run and they still end up with relative high kill stats, meaning they only kill people that cant hurt them.
    The PvE'ers mentality at its finest. Kill what is defenseless, run away from what can challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    The PvE'ers mentality at its finest. Kill what is defenseless, run away from what can challenge.
    It is spelt Pv"P"ers ...

its not pve or pvp mentality its mentality of the weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    its not pve or pvp mentality its mentality of the weak!
    Agreed.

Best minigames and Sieges came from Hyrkania RP server ... (before Fury rejects and Bori). Why? They were not afraid to fight and die, as their motivation was not K/D/Epeen/Loot .. etc .. but FUN with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Agreed.

Best minigames and Sieges came from Hyrkania RP server ... (before Fury rejects and Bori). Why? They were not afraid to fight and die, as their motivation was not K/D/Epeen/Loot .. etc .. but FUN with others.
    Good point. We had some awesome sieges on Cimmeria a few years ago.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

I bet that they put the new unchained option for mini games behind a pay wall this will finally give the pvp person a reason to sub if the forums are correct and this is what people want.

I do not think that many will play the unchained version in the end because people actually like gear to matter but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The far more time consuming thing is remaking all of the items...
    Ok, but for those of us that are "only" waiting for the crafting revamp. Would it be possible to give some hints of what items we should look after?
    Is there some items today that will yield more valuable resources when the revamp hit the live servers?

After all, gathering all kinds of stuff is a big part of the crafting process.

I'm standing here with the best shovel you can buy for money and I don't know where to dig..
    Last edited by janbak; 26th April 2013 at 13:26.

Then maybe not recreate all the items, but allow for customization of existing items using existing resources? This can be done indepandant of the way crafting works.
    Just creating some new resource items (these should not be more than the amount of instances probably) that are generated by merging existing ones (or allow for existing resources to be converted into other already existing resources) and globally change some rules sounds doable to me...
    Unless of course your database has to be rewritten from the start and has not enough free room left...then it would be a problem.

Fly 1: Less work
    Fly 2: Less annoyed old players and collectors (no old item will be useless, but all either have a use or can be converted into something useful)
    Fly 3: You can go ahead and focus all the creativity on the new crafting "system"
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th April 2013 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Sadly some people cant pvp unless they chase lowbies with their pimped chars. I see a lot of people like this. When i charged them with my chars (that are high pvp lvls) they run and they still end up with relative high kill stats, meaning they only kill people that cant hurt them.
    I know one Guardian on Fury. He farmed all nights and days in bori to get pvp 10.

Now he is fully geared pvp 10 guard, been over year already.
    If i use my 20lvl gank char to attack him, he starts running away with bubble. BUBBLE!

He never fights, only runs if you touch him with arrow, staff or anything. Also, he is almost impossible to be killed, pvp10 guard with bubble + sta

I bet everyone knows who he is so i dont tell his name.

For a Pvp player:

Craft revamp means nothing (what do I need crafted items for?)

Raiding: means nothing. No use for gear accept maybe parses.

New PvP gear: ??? For what?

AA: obsolete

progression: bye bye

I just lost interest in this game.