Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

Default Age of Conan Update: Joel Bylos Interview

There is some pretty BIG news from this interview and I think it deserves another thread since the original announcement is buried deep in another thread.
    The interview can be heard here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...-TSWAOCAO.html

For those that don't have access at the moment a short recap.

Basically they are FIXING EVERYTHING.

+Single server Tech: Its coming. The initial stages will be this May where they will start merging servers(massive joy/headache for my cross server guild). Eventually, EU/US will become one server at one location. Guesting system will not be available between PvP servers(but players from PvP servers can do 6mans with PvE server people).

+ PvP : WE'RE GETTING WHAT WE WANT. New Unchained PvP will automatically scale all toons to equal abilities. Joel specifically says that gear will NOT matter and that player skill will be paramount.

+Unchained versions similar to AMP unchained will be done for all the old world dungeons (like black castle, sanctum, crows nest etc.) Complete with new/enhanced loot.This is the most smartest move by Funcom since forever as it will effectively allow new player/unsubs something to do once hitting 80. Eventually, with 1000 rare tokens collected new players will be compelled to buy khitai and sub up.

+Dragon spine 2nd half is coming soon with mini games further out.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 25th April 2013 at 15:12.

Great news. Now Joel can take his time to translate the GD letter

Default Joel Bylos Interview 4/25/13

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/v...4/videoId/3057

Interesting news.

Server merges starting in May, EU and US together. One PvP server, One PvE server, and one B&G server for entire game.

Level playing field PvP, no gear advantages or level advantages. Mini game conversion to GW2 system.

Raising more low level dungeons to level 80. Dragon spine is getting more dungeons.

New crafting system will be in the distant future, not anytime soon.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

AoC portion starts at 9:00.

Crafting delayed. It works, it's just not compatible with city building, etc.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

A bit more detailed:

Server merges:
    3 servers per region - PvE PvP B&G - Scheduled to be done in may, guess it means no more german servers

Singel server tech work will start after merges, in US first.

Dragon spine:
    2 more 6-man Dungeons that they will try to release in may.

One of them require a lot of animations.

Raid is further away and have no date

Unchained Dungeons:
    Crows nest, Iron Tower, Xibaluku, Slaughterhouse, Atillius mantion, atzels fortress, black Castle

Unchained mode will be made level 80, harder and give better loot.

Scheduled in the coming months and years.

Unchained minigames
    every player put at level 80, and gear has no effect, nothing was said about AA.

Crafting:
    Base system is finished developed, but

guild renown dont mix with NCS(new crafting system)
    battle keeps and guild cities dont work with NCS
    Bori dont work with NCS
    all items made before dreamworld dont work with NCS

So the crafting system is "not coming in the next months"
    I am Stian ingame...

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...september_2012

In September 2012 Craig mentioned Unchained versions of:

*Caravan Raiders Hideout
    *Halls of Eternal Frost
    *Scorpion caves

What happened to these Unchained versions? As far as I can see, Caravan Raiders Unchained has been patched to live as it's in the zone list, but we can't access it.

This is rather interesting...I played AoC hardcore for a 2 and a half years, from 1.05 till when they messed up that patch back in..2011 Christmas I think it was, right before TOR release. Entire guild quit thanks to the game being completely unplayable for 2 months while they were vacationing. TOR was right around the corner with early access, so when they finally got around to fixing the game and making it playable again, not a single person bothered coming back.

From then on the game was never the same to me (Honestly, never thought the social part of the game could have all that impact on my perception of fun while playing it...MMOs truly are multifaceted beasts).

Anyway, I quit around mid 2011 and never played it again...but I kept tabs on the forums daily to see what was going on, but never bothered to post a thing. This is rather pleasing news, I really really like that part about a single server for US and EU. Actually considering coming back, IF they put this in motion rather sooner than later, you know, as the americans say "put their money where their mouth is".

I apologize for the wall of text. Really hoping you can do all this awesome stuff for AoC Joel!

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    (...)Server merges starting in May, EU and US together. One PvP server, One PvE server, and one B&G server for entire game.(...)
    This is not what he said.

First there are merges, probable on the eu side.

Then EU and US servers will be moved to the same location.

Then work will be started on the single server tech.

(i think)Probable just the first step will be in may.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...september_2012

In September 2012 Craig mentioned Unchained versions of:

*Caravan Raiders Hideout
    *Halls of Eternal Frost
    *Scorpion caves

What happened to these Unchained versions? As far as I can see, Caravan Raiders Unchained has been patched to live as it's in the zone list, but we can't access it.
    There may be more dungeons that he forgot during the interview, that said i sacrifice all those 3 to get atzels fortress unchained
    I am Stian ingame...

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast