Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian build request

Default Barbarian build request

Hey there,
    getting back to the game after a long absence and I'm getting quite confused about barbarian builds.
    As far as I've been told, the old Berserker barb is not so fashioned anymore and it seems the reaver solution is far more viable.

Anyone can suggest a couple of build one for PvE purpose (mix between solo and group) and for PvP purpose?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcalimon View Post
    Hey there,
    getting back to the game after a long absence and I'm getting quite confused about barbarian builds.
    As far as I've been told, the old Berserker barb is not so fashioned anymore and it seems the reaver solution is far more viable.

Anyone can suggest a couple of build one for PvE purpose (mix between solo and group) and for PvP purpose?

Thanks!
    most pp play berzerker on pvp and reaver on pve...
    for pve solo/group you can try this one on reaver - CLICK
    for pvp theres a lot of options just with the zerker, it will depend on your play style and, in future, with what perks you use, but one important thing is at least having the EXCELLENT BALANCE ability feated in the general tree, because a kb rogue is a dead rogue (not really but at least half your goes away cause of others burst damage)

Berserker: Awesome CC's; Use one set of weapons stack up crazy %Weapon Damage for maximum effect.

Reaver (Duelweild): IMO is still exactly the same viability as Berzerker. But Reaver is fashioned around shrapnel, jagged cut and the instant burst abilities (Armageddon falls, dance of deathand impale).

Situationally different but both as viable as the other.

Where berzerker rages on with cc and outlasting other rogues/clothie dpsers. Reaver if you hybrid and still use BloodRage has insane burst capability with dance of death and shrapnel, you can still have 1 KB and 2-3 Stuns. The only survival difference between reaver and zerker if you play your cards right is a small damage deflect, when you are low, seperate anti cc's (reavers is global like the aa one) and you miss 2% invuls from general... Otherwise you can stack 15BloodRage just as fast if not faster.
    You can also offset it with the AA 60% evade/Immune bubble since you have the burst to offset that side.

Some good points ^ posted ^ so far. Your build will depend on your play style, what AA's you have available to use and in many cases your gear.

My 2 PVE pennies...
    If your gear and AA's aren't super great then you will not likely need Wiles, Distraction and Trickery in General because you probably won't be pulling a lot of aggro, unless your tank is in the same gear/aa situation as you. Once you're geared up and have good AA's, then it's good to have.

Although I do feat Impale on the reaver side for group/raid play, I'm not that impressed by it, but you need it to get A.F.. Impale used to be awesome but it was nerfed and it only gives you 1 off-hand attack plus an average not so great bleed. Used with the Shrapnel finisher and Wreck Armor feated, it can be good burst dps... but it's far too situational for a low-end 5 point feat, imo.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong about Impale and maybe I've been using it wrong for years now. lol

For bottom-end AA's, Upheavel #1. Bone Shatter is good and provides one of the better dots in game. I like Determination as it gets my stance stacks up fast. Long fights that keep going(raids) = Bone Shatter. Short fights(solo,groups)=Determination.
    I am not impressed with the single point, 2-slot, bottom-end AA's. A 60% bubble for What it Takes!? That's not a bubble. If you are getting nuked, 40% gets through that so called bubble and then you are dead. At the Gates can be okay I guess but I think you can do more dps with determination and bone shatter. Some one correct me if I'm wrong. Tools at Hand is useless imo and I don't know a single barb that uses it.

I don't pvp any more, so can't provide useful information there.

I can try to post my builds later on when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I like Determination as it gets my stance stacks up fast. Long fights that keep going(raids) = Bone Shatter. Short fights(solo,groups)=Determination.
    I think you are talking about without warning. Quick stack buildup, were Determination will maintain that stack longer.

Upheaval + Determination is gold.

Long fights i would suggest those two, in fact its gold in any situation. x15 stacksize continuously is better than a quick buildup, wich can still be done with full Atrocity.

Determination needs to be fully specced to be good. One point and you are better off using as you suggested Without warning, or Bone shatter.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Bone Shatter / Jagged Cut is the Barbarians "Burn to Death" combo. Do not underestimate this combo, it should be your main combo when dpsing.

For a full dps build use this one with perks Without Warning 5 and Bone Shatter 1 http://goo.gl/tjYxi

Wreck Armor 2-3-4 should also be in your rotation. Fill with CoS IX and X.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Bone Shatter / Jagged Cut is the Barbarians "Burn to Death" combo. Do not underestimate this combo, it should be your main combo when dpsing.

For a full dps build use this one with perks Without Warning 5 and Bone Shatter 1 http://goo.gl/tjYxi

A reaver stack 13+ Upheaval is way better than Bone Shatter on single targets. F.e raid bosses. All of them, except maybe 3. Wreck armor should be reavers main combos, with upheaval as filler on single target, and jagged/bone shatter on multiple targets imo.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post

I use a similar ( http://goo.gl/KdLir ) spec and the same perks too (bone shatter + wreck armour 1234 + COS highest ranks as fillers)

I don't have determination and only one point in upheaval though, but at least my current build results in more than enough dps and I can take aggro off competent and geared up tanks* even though my gear isn't all that great (still got some blue parts and blue off-hand weapon).

* mostly happens very early in the fight or when there is a lot of aggro switching needed, also worth noting that I have a lot of AA (all the passive damage boosts, cooldown reductions, wards, strikes etc)
    Last edited by kalston; 18th July 2013 at 14:51.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    A reaver stack 13+ Upheaval is way better than Bone Shatter on single targets. F.e raid bosses. All of them, except maybe 3. Wreck armor should be reavers main combos, with upheaval as filler on single target, and jagged/bone shatter on multiple targets imo.
    Jagged Cut and Bone Shatter are of course the superior combo to use when in an aoe situation. But the damage over time effect ticks six times, and Bone Shatter is a pretty quick combo. Both perks would be neat but then you need a few points in Atrocity.

Wreck Armor has too long cooldown to be used as a main combo. Only Wreck Armor 3 and 4 has decent damage output anyway.

What I ended up concluding was that taking Boneshatter over Jagged Cut makes more difference than replacing Cyclone of Steel combos with Upheaval. Because of the damage over time from Bone Shatter is 118,5% of what Jagged Cut IV is, and you save a combo step on it.

It has been a while since I did serious parsing and raiding on my Barbarian though so I cant be certain. But it is like a HoX spamming Hell Strikes and ignoring Burn to Death if you are not using Jagged Cut / Bone Shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    wreck armour 1
    I only ever use Wreck Armor 1 (111 finisher dps) if the Physical Torment is about to fade (never). The damage on 2, 3 and 4 is great though, 350-ish finisher dps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast