Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: barb vs sin burst damage

Default barb vs sin burst damage

http://i39.tinypic.com/vq7h38.png

My barb had about 420 dps during most of this fight because I was in reaver and I was helping my team farm the other side. Point is if you look at this parse this is the BEST my barb could possibly do given t3 gear (plus t4 chest and legs which has exactly 1 dps more than tigers)

The sin's burst damage (on loosing side had a best burst of about 50% more than mine) I find that to be terrible sense I have to play about 6 mini games before I get one where I can really farm. If I am not really farming my damage drops by about 50%. (that means that if i am compared to the t4 sin the t4 sin has 100% more damage than me from my base with no stacks) The point is how am I supposed to compete when I have a t4 sin in my group and he is taking all my kills. I realize that a barb has more damage over time but I have to be in combat a whole lot to take advantage of that. I mean the pom in my group Skuxx got more burst than me and did imba healing. (Btw, Hasanit the Russian sin would have way out dps'd me if he wasn't being farmed by having such a bad team)
    The point is that my barb would usually get about a tops of 5000 burst damage in an avg mini while a sin doesn't have stacks to worry about and if 11,500 is his worst his best would have a burst of about 3x my average. (something needs to be done with barb burst) Even with overpower criting up to 1,382 as a max it still sucks by comparison.

ps. excuse the bloodsnout in the parse. I think I may have killed one for 3,757 hitpoints before the match started but not enough to change the statistics I don't think)

http://i39.tinypic.com/vq7h38.png

Just noticing that his dww and bomb did most of his damage so all a sin has to do is target a pve geared player and do those 3 moves (preload for bomb) and he can kill a target faster than I can pull of wreck armor 4 for half the damage.

From the AoC website

Sin

Assassins can dual wield daggers with lightning speed and can modify their attacks against specific targets, such as unholy attacks against heavily armored foes, or poison attacks versus mana users. Few can stand against an assassin in combat.
    Barb

Wounding barbarians enrages them, making them stronger and more deadly in battle and their varied array of powerful attacks can knock an enemy senseless, immobilize them, or make the very ground shake around them. Like other rogues, they excel at sneaking and the arts of ambushing.
    Sins = Killing machines

Barb = CC experts

You = clueless
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 13th October 2013 at 23:55.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Nah, not clueless cuz I got top kills for that mini (til' I got a disconnect at the very end) but at that point I had 13 kill and skuxx was second with 10. But I find it annoying that barbs have it so much harder to get kills than other classes which shouldn't be so. Anyway, clueless I am not going off statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Nah, not clueless cuz I got top kills for that mini
    Oh I see.....if you can top kills in a mini you are good at your class?

How bout, instead of trying to complete with a class designed to be a killing machine, you help the sin r*pe face by keeping people off him and and getting in their faces.

Oh but then you wont top that kill chart you love so much.

Example:

A Necro goes 22-8 in a mini.....DoTing and going into SW on the pad
    My Pom goes 4-0 and i cc and heal dafaq outa my team as well as doing my fair share of dps.

You would see the Necro as the person who contributed the most to the team yet i have a) a better K/D (oooo the most coveted stat!!) and b) a brain

If all you do is chase kills in every mini you are in i pray i never get on your team.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

These stats are meaningless. You were in combat for 2x the time he was. Parsing minis can be very misleading because at a certain range damage is not added to logs. And you roll crafted weapons so comparing to t4 is not like you wearing t1 or t2 weapons either.

The barb isn't a nerfed class. I love playing my barb. Even if I get more kills on my sin it doesn't really matter, when there is a better killer on your team keep that person alive. Normally the end result will be the win. If you only care about kills come to Fury and get kills all day in open world.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post

How bout, instead of trying to complete with a class designed to be a killing machine, you help the sin r*pe face by keeping people off him and and getting in their faces.

Example:

My Pom goes 4-0 and i cc and heal dafaq outa my team as well as doing my fair share of dps.

You would see the Necro as the person who contributed the most to the team yet i have a) a better K/D (oooo the most coveted stat!!) and b) a brain

If all you do is chase kills in every mini you are in i pray i never get on your team.

Now we dont agree usually, but I think this is secend or third time when Im gonna say that you are 100% right, thumbs up.
    The Law

Example:

Damn I wish I was 4-0...Yeah I can kill more but every time I try to support people, heal and cc a lot(you know, stuff PoM is designed for)I got focused on in a second and die few seconds after my shield gets down so most of the time I'm 6-12 or something

But yeah being on top of the kills doesn't mean you're good player...you could have 16kills just from farming that one player with 3 days old 80...

Barbs don't usually scare me like sins but it's also much much easier to kill sin cause once you mitigate first few seconds of their dmg, they generally can't do flying s*it and die really fast. Now barbs run around like nutsos, cc you to death, focus on casters and healers and are usually pretty hard to kill so it's kinda good they can't kill me in 3 seconds
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Example:

Wow this guy has some nerve, but btw, i got only 2 deaths

http://i40.tinypic.com/291ncw8.png

Also I am a dps class, so I don't carry the flag and I don't spread heals, I am simply there on the team to hold them back and keep them on the rez pad. And in this mini, I did my job very well.
    Also I can't prove time in combat without taking pics of everyone in the group but I was in combat for almost the whole fight and I would need to be in order to get 1st for total damage done in the mini.

So there you have it, 1st for total damage and only 2 deaths. No reason why this isn't good.
    So yes my kd is good for this mini

Also as you were saying, I don't see how a barb who has more cc (spreading cc immunity to everyone and doing 50% less damage) is better in your eyes. Me, I leave their cc immunity alone so when my team-mates are in trouble they have something to defend themselves with and I do 50% more damage than a zerker barb. So you seem rather clueless and know nothing of the barb class.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 14th October 2013 at 07:59.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast