Thread: Combo help

Question Combo help

please someone help, call me thick but I cannot grasp the idea of them or how to get them to work,I can see they are left/centre/right moves but how do I get them to activate when I am pressing 12345678onwards could someone please explain, and no this is not a p*ss take, I am serious nobody has ever explained how they work I am a lvl 18 sin.so I don't even know if I am putting them in my quick bar right.

Hey,

Well combos are a pretty simple concept. You got the cobmo trigger. For sin the most common one would be Grim Corruption, Slow Death Strike and Swift Strikes. You click on it, a combo sequence starts and then you need to use the directional arrows left / center / right.

If you don't see the combo sequence. Check your interface or do a /reloadui they might have gone outside your screen accidently.

Further on, with basic UI when you hit your target the combo sequence gets a green border, if you miss it goes red. If you miss a hit of your combo sequence you're combo finisher will get a debuff.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Hey there. When you activate your combo - hopefully its keybound - you then determine which directional attack goes with which step by looking at the combo bar. The next arrow after the combo is cast will be your first step, and you must complete all steps afterward for your combo to be successful. While you do not have to connect with the white hits, you must connect with the finisher to get the finisher damage. Any steps that connect will turn green, as those that do not will turn red. The more steps that connect, more damage will ensue. Also, look at your feats. Some combos have bonuses to your opening attacks, and some do not. Those will be the combos that you will want to connect with white hits for increased damage.
    Once you get that down, take into account the directional shields on the boss or mob. You'll notice that they can stack up on one side, top, etc... It is also important to attack these unshielded sides for even more damage.
    Hope this helps! You may now crush your enemies, and see them driven before you. :>

Ex
    Last edited by ExuuN; 23rd April 2013 at 18:48.

Social Rejects

Visit us at: www.srejects.com

Step 1: Press the button for the combo starter
    Step 2: Wait until attack animation finishes
    Step 3: Press the directional attack button that combo arrow tells you to press
    Step 4: Wait until attack animation finishes and the arrow turns green
    Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 until combo finisher animation plays out and orange numbers fly
    Step 6: Profit!

Well 1st thing is press b to open your ability book. In there you will see some arrows. up, right, left, and bottom right, bottom left. They are red and gold. Drag those onto your hotbar.
    Then go to your combo tab and drag the combos you want to use onto your hot bar. You can key bind these as well to whatever keys.

Anyways when you trigger a combo you will see the arrows on screen that you need to click for that combo.
    Then you click the corresponding arrow.

So if your a guard and you click plexus strike you will see the right arrow pop up on your screen so click the right arrow on the hotbar. Some combos have multiple moves so you just keep following that.

Once you learn it you can then hot key the arrows and do everything by keyboard which is faster then mouse clicking.

It should explain all that in the tutorials i think there is a way to play them again but cant think of it off the top of my head.

Also, one of the tricks we use is repeatedly pressing the next directional button until it triggers visually in the combo list animation. Move between combo steps and use other fast abilities, but be wary of the timer.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by shim63 View Post
    I am serious nobody has ever explained how they work
    That is certainly not true.

1. Manual in main game folder: pages 21, 38 and 39
    2. In-Game Tutorial aka Field Manual (big question mark in top left corner), by default open to any new created character: Getting Starged -> Tutorials: Basic -> Combat: Basics -> Combo Basics
    Last edited by Arishanya; 24th April 2013 at 15:36.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami