Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

I played TSW, thought it was great. Some of the best dungeons ive ever done in an MMO and some great quest chains but AOC is still their No1 game and should remain their Prority MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    This interview was better and more informative (even when listened to with a filter) than any weekly and monthly letter (or that interview links from the official site). He sounds like having some good and promising ideas (as well as some concerning ones when reading between the lines, but that's more a problem with my preferences and does not make them wrong at this point)...

Just a friendly reminder for the next months of silence: Don't let these things posted by an "unknown soldier" on one of many forum threads (and management approval is not an excuse, if these info is shared to the media)...why not open up a sticky news section where these things can be gathered and let the forum users and players know, that such plans exist. I am curious how much of that interview will be reflected in the official letter now.

Imo, it does not have to be that way, that the info you get about a game you pay to play is via third party media (i DO count facebook and twitter as third party media if an official site and forum exists) and rumours mostly. On a positive side...this is not hard to change and i rather expect this to go better, once the "restructuring" is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    I played TSW, thought it was great. Some of the best dungeons ive ever done in an MMO and some great quest chains but AOC is still their No1 game and should remain their Prority MMO.
    Absolutely agree, TSW is a great game, but it's more of a niche than AoC. AoC should be far more popular than it currently is, considering that it has a huge franchise behind it. It is also the only big low fantasy MMO on the market... GW2, WoW, Tera, they all have cartoonish bunny elements to them.

Agree there. AoC has so many unique mechanics, gameworld, atmosphere and background that you can't find anywhere else.

The main problems as i see it is the stability, network quality, database handling (e.g. technical side of the engine/server/clients) and pvp. It sounds like the new GD has understood, that progress in pvp through pve brings quite a few problems (to put it mildly)

PvE progression at 80 is a problem too (if you are not the type who enjoys challenge without reward or grind), but not that important as the other two (unless you are f2p), since there IS enough to keep you busy for a while and when doing factions there is even some progression. This can also be balanced quiet easy with some suggestions found on the forums already too.

So, if they don't want to change combat mechanics (which they shouldn't before adressing network and tech side...if at all!) or balance (again tech side and exploits should be fixed before that!), than just "some" system to make open world pvp enjoyable again (consequence system, pvp faction renown, working criminal system, rewards according to situation and power gap, some method to avoid open pvp (even when on a pvp server, the idea to choose between pve and pvp when entering an instance or the "flagging" of players as pvp or pve should work both) and maybe player generated (or at least customized) mini game rules might work (someone had a nice idea of a "pvp power inventory tab", that would allow for lots of possibilities concerning tournaments, special mini games or even open world).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th April 2013 at 08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Just a friendly reminder for the next months of silence: Don't let these things posted by an "unknown soldier" on one of many forum threads (and management approval is not an excuse, if these info is shared to the media)...why not open up a sticky news section where these things can be gathered and let the forum users and players know, that such plans exist. I am curious how much of that interview will be reflected in the official letter now.
    That's an excellent idea, actually. Why not simply post links to AoC-related interviews in the "Announcements" section (like they did previously in some Community Updates)?

Ceterum censeo, consider bringing back Player Spotlights
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by bastii View Post
    AoC should be far more popular than it currently is, considering that it has a huge franchise behind it. It is also the only big low fantasy MMO on the market... GW2, WoW, Tera, they all have cartoonish bunny elements to them.

What´s really needed is a new AoC "feature trailer", people need to know what they can do in game - why do they not promote guild city building, sieges,.. and even the hardcore PvP servers? those feel quite sandboxy with corpse loot and FFA PvP, and they don´t do marketing for these features? Also mounts and pets should be shown.

game needs better marketing material/promo videos.
    Most of the stuff I found is from 2008 in low res and just fells old and outdated.

Thank you for the response, even if there are no details.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    ...I'm equally sure that some of it won't be what people want to hear.
    This is ominous. I think this means server merges are on the way. Also, single-server tech may not be ported to AoC (even though I believe it can solve many of the technical, population and server issues) and that crafting may only be revamped later this year or next.
    I guess that additional Dragon Spine content will be delayed.
    Restricted cashflow and debt financing are difficult, even if AoC has attracted a number of new players.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

I will feel sad when subs are consigned to history and Free to Pay (a lot more than subbing) is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    This is ominous. ...
    Glad someone understands economics. ++

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    As long as you don't jump on another huge pink elephant..

What the game need is small surgical updates that get the players to play again. If we could get things like smarter itemization, raids with a sensible difficulty level compared to reward(lurker/Erlik). Economy incentives etc. Pretty much normal mmorpg stuff.

We don't need a 18 month "Nemedia" expansion without any updates in between. Because what we got in Dragonspine is not really worth it. The resources could have been spent a million times better in my opinion.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

We need surgical fixes and the damn crafting update making for a healthy economy again!

Any update to that difficult post activity? This month?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast