Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Maybe a new server would be handy? one assigned only for whiners ;-)
    You dont wanna pay for anything, then you demand shitloads of new content, and keeps moaning about pvp that never worked?? Make a game yourself kids and see how easy it is to satisfy the world for no money..give the guy a break now and lets see what will come out of it, but as he says someone will be disappointed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    You dont wanna pay for anything, then you demand shitloads of new content,
    I would be quite happy to pay 5-10 euros for a single new dungeon. I wish Funcom would introduce dungeon DLC's for AoC.

That way they would have to make content we would like to buy. So no more dungeons without loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    For some reason I get the feeling people think we are lounging around smoking cigars while sacks of money are delivered to the door daily.
    It's what work should be like, no?

But thanks - looking forward to your GD letter, also to the "stuff that some people won't want to hear". If it means that we will get a realistic roadmap (obviously with some of the usual caveats) instead, that's already worth a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    I would be quite happy to pay 5-10 euros for a single new dungeon. I wish Funcom would introduce dungeon DLC's for AoC.

That way they would have to make content we would like to buy. So no more dungeons without loot.
    Agree 100%. I hope this is something that Funcom feel comfortable enough to pursue (obviously, it will depend on their projections of how many people would buy such new content). I for one would certainly be willing to pay for new content, even if it comes in smaller batches.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 23rd April 2013 at 15:27.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Please understand, however, that the past few "months" of silence have been me getting a handle on things with three projects and putting together roadmaps with the producer and team that are realistic.

For some reason I get the feeling people think we are lounging around smoking cigars while sacks of money are delivered to the door daily.

There are a lot of things that have been "promised" to this player base, and assessing our ability to deliver those on the current team has also taken a fair chunk of time. We need to "clear the slate" so to speak, before we can putting our own mark on the game.

The good news - you'll have answers for most of it when the GD letter goes out.

I'm equally sure that some of it won't be what people want to hear.
    Nusquam I want to thank you for this reply but no I do not assume you guys are lounging about smoking cigars. However keeping a community is complete blank is a not a good thing either.
    We all know that Funcom has being dealing with major changes, re-sizing, restructuring, location changes etc.
    Getting news about what the status is will only increase trust between customer and provider in the sense that all are in the clear rather then having unfounded rumors starting.
    Just a short note into the Forum saying
    "hey gang we are currently getting all setup in this or that location and should be up and running there with in X many days or weeks" for me personally that would like
    hey cool they did not go blank on us they are rocking it.
    The more people are allowed to feel like part of the whole package the more tolerant people are and the more trust you gain.

and on the note of somethings we will love to hear about and somethings we wont like does not really matter. We at least we know rather then sitting around wondering what the hell are we paying for.

but again thank you for giving a little heads up
    Last edited by IceStubbur; 23rd April 2013 at 15:34.

I more respect serious attitude: keep silent if you have nothing to say and say when you have certain plans on your table and show us what and when will be implemented.

Yes. That's exactly what we think. Except I actually pictured you all with a cigar in one hand, a glass of brandy in the other, as you lounged around waiting for your daily sack of money.

This all being said....I can't wait to see ''over 200 code fixes'' that we have been promised. ^^

Seriously, FC should hire more random guys from the forums - it's expert goldmine. AoC and TSW would be best games evar if they had some internet pros on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by IceStubbur View Post
    We all know that Funcom has being dealing with major changes, re-sizing, restructuring, location changes etc.
    Getting news about what the status is will only increase trust between customer and provider in the sense that all are in the clear rather then having unfounded rumors starting.
    Just a short note into the Forum saying
    "hey gang we are currently getting all setup in this or that location and should be up and running there with in X many days or weeks" for me personally that would like
    hey cool they did not go blank on us they are rocking it.
    The more people are allowed to feel like part of the whole package the more tolerant people are and the more trust you gain.
    Tbh I don´t even need some game related update(s) in situation like this, a short update/article like: "hi guys, we just want to let you know how it´s going blabla, we´re moving from this [some photos of old office and location] to this [some photos of new office and location]. bla bla cya soon" would be perfectly enough for me. You would let ppl know you are still alive and it would be a nice sneak peek behind the curtain as well. And damn, it´s just some basic PR, where you can get some cheap + points from the community if done right.. which is usually not the case at FC
    Last edited by Argantes; 24th April 2013 at 07:32.

If everyone who had nothing of importance to say had shut the **** up, this would've been a much better world. FC is doing their part to make it a better world so they're OK far as I care.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast