Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

Default Enough is enough

I have been playing this game since June 2008 always had a 12 month sub even bought extra if the current sub offer was nice and had worth while stuff in it. So I could claim that I am a rather loyal Funcom customer.
    But this endless silence is getting very old and quite frankly it is getting to be rather rude. there is little to no information to get about what is being done for the game nor is there any plans or timetable available.
    I have worked in IT close to 15 years now and I have never encountered a company that displays as much disregard to its customers as Funcom is doing now.
    I understand that you guys had to do major structural changes to the company and had to down size workforce and relocate. That still does not reduce the obligation you have to paying customers.
    Customers have the right to know what they are getting for their money and also need to have some information what updates are in the pipeline such they can take an educated decision of should a renew my sub or not. No it is not enough to say "we are going to revamp the crafting system" we need a time-frame Q4 2012 would at least tell us something.
    Where is the development news, where is the update time frames, where are the news letters?
    Stop treating paying customers like **** and give us some information! And if your intent is to slowly let the game fade out at least be honest and tell us. If letting the game fade out is not the plan then inform us what is to be changed, updated and give us at least a rough time estimate

I don't disagree with this, but Joel's update is coming this week. Hopefully this will make it easier to judge where this game is going.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...2&postcount=11
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I wholeheartedly agree. There has been a deafening silence of late and even diehards like me have begun to lose faith at times.

I am holding out for the promised letter, but there needs to be something substantial in there.

Next time, don't let it take this long between info, two months of near total silence leaving it up to the mods to weather the storm of paranoia and accusations that is the inevitable result of the silence.

You can do better.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

I don't think it's the will, just the ability do do something.

Funcom is still 10m USD in debt, that's around 4-5 months direct income at the current level, although they don't have to pay it down untill 2015 they still set off the money.

What I don't understand is why they don't just sink TSW and focus on AOC that's the only logical thing in my opinion. TSW is sinking fast and I don't think there's really anything that can be done about it, TSW needs massive changes to be properly saved, new quests / zone just won't cut it.

Funcom should turn around and throw everything they've got to turn around AOC. Then we could get back to $3-4m monthly income and we'll sort it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    Funcom should turn around and throw everything they've got to turn around AOC. Then we could get back to $3-4m monthly income and we'll sort it from there.
    Well revenues in Q4 2011 (i.e. before TSW) were approx USD 4.3m, so bringing AoC up to USD 3-4m per month might be a bit ambitious.

But all of this amounts to second-guessing business decisions. I see your point that money might be better invested in AoC than in TSW. But maybe they think that the potential RoI is higher for the Lego MMO, I honestly wouldn't know

What I do believe though is that Joel is the type of guy who tries to push for his games with the executives. Whether he was successful or not - guess we'll see about that shortly.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Correct. Things are not feeling real good around here, but I still have hope.
    I feel the need to mention that no letter was "promised" for this week or next. In fact nothing is ever "promised" in mmo's and mostly never with Funcom. Understandable, to a degree.

IF the letter comes this week, I hope it isn't a bunch of the same "we are here guys, don't leave! We have great things planned soon. Get back to you soon." Five years and $700 later I have ran out of things to do in game so I hope the letter, when it comes, contains one damn awesome shiny carrot! Funcom, you need to pull a miracle out of your sexy butt.

And I've said it before, imo it's not about the GD or coders or programmers or whatever scrub is working for a paycheck; it's the executives that make the decisions that matter. Poo rolls downhill. Joel and Craig may have/had great ideas, excellent ideas, but the Execs may have said NO.? SO I say replace the execs?

On a side note, plenty of fresh content for all the new players coming in from Steam!
    Last edited by kinlock; 22nd April 2013 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Well revenues in Q4 2011 (i.e. before TSW) were approx USD 4.3m, so bringing AoC up to USD 3-4m per month might be a bit ambitious.
    I guess they would need 250k subs + itemshop, it would take quite some work but for a mmo it should be the minimum target really.

If they just start at the basics, making sure there is a economy, that pvp minigames reward properly, and itemize the endgame dungeons.

They should implement suggestions from forums mainly and rely less on devs making internal suggestions, because then we get stuff like horse racing and albion theatre.

If a dev comes to Joel and says he has a great suggestion for another dungeon without any loot, Joel should be allowed to go physical on his ass!

Also forcing suggestions into a single thread is another ridicilus Funcom thing, then we can't discuss the suggestion and you can't really see if it's a good one or not, or if players want it etc.

Just make a subforum for suggestions and let people open new threads if they thing thay have a good one.
    Last edited by paulson; 22nd April 2013 at 16:00.

The one suggestion thread is not so bad. It is a good place to search and summarize things...but it would even be better, if someone would actually sort things and you had a funcom based "feedback" category, where after looking at suggestions, some funcom employee would put the most interesting things from their point of view to the discussion. (Similar they should do it with bugfixes: Update the list with things they consider fixed and post bugs, they want more info on or want to see a discussion)

They really can't write off TSW its too big and they put too much money into it. But TSW as a game is just not that great...

What they should have done is go out and buy rights to the HP Lovecraft property and started a investigatory/mystery MMO with some innovative ranged combat... but whatever.

Just pray their move to mobile works and is successful...else its curtains for AoC.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast