Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critigation

He's saying there's a vast amount of factors that go into your gameplay, latency, team play etc.. that compared to all of that the mechanics of critigation is simple.

And furthermore, as a tank (DT/guard especially) you don't need critigation at least to some nutty degree. My primary power wear for my guard is every piece T3 except the pieces without hate(not that I need hate but its just a good label to remember). I replace the non-hate pieces with khitai LL hate gear. Simple. You're ready for pretty much all content from t1-4 to all the instances.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    He's saying there's a vast amount of factors that go into your gameplay, latency, team play etc.. that compared to all of that the mechanics of critigation is simple.

And furthermore, as a tank (DT/guard especially) you don't need critigation at least to some nutty degree. My primary power wear for my guard is every piece T3 except the pieces without hate(not that I need hate but its just a good label to remember). I replace the non-hate pieces with khitai LL hate gear. Simple. You're ready for pretty much all content from t1-4 to all the instances.
    Then why not state that instead of of some random string of incoherent thoughts that I doubt anyone could really follow his thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Critigation is somewhat voodoo.
    I stand by what I originally said.

TBH I never had a crit suit until I did Tian'an and T4 IMP. Until that never had a single piece of crit gear on my guard.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    The whole issue for me is that it's clear that certain mobs have a ton of critical dmg rating. Some examples for me where a crit seems way above 1.5x a normal hit is the first boss in AI, crowmen, golems on emperor fight. A former guild member of mine has a log in message from a critigated attack from the first boss in AI.... think it was something like XXX hits you for 3500 dmg (you mitigate 2000 dmg of XXX's attack). Finding out what bosses crit like that and what bosses crit like normal is the real key to knowing when to slot elusive.
    Good point. Since we can work out a mob's critical damage bonus it should be possible to devise a new metric in the table to take that into account. After all it's the combination of a mob's critical chance + critical damage bonus that determines how useful critigation will be.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Thread cleaned. If the bickering continues, I may be handing out some vacations.

English Forums Senior Moderator
    Hammer Certified!
    Social Guidelines
    TOS - EULA
    Rules of Conduct
    My Brute(sucks)
    Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123