Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very old player returning with questions

Talking Very old player returning with questions

Hello all,

So basically i played AoC when it first came out at launch for a month or two and honestly i cant remember why i stopped playing...but i havent played since and kind of forgot about the game all together...ive played some other mmo's in the mean time but i just saw the game on steam and got really fired up about it...so anyways here are my questions:

1. The thing i remember loving about AoC was the thought of guild wars/sieges...so how often do these things happen nowadays?
    2. I loved playing the open pvp servers where you could be fighting at anytime and anywhere...are these servers still close to the same open rules as before?
    3. How does a HoX perform in pvp? are they a little underrated or a OP force?
    4. I actually loved the difficulty of the leveling that there was during the launch...is it still the same? or have they made it easier?
    5. and lastly, What server has the best open pvp population and also a good amount of newer/beginner players to play with?

thanks and i hope to see some of you out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso45 View Post
    Hello all,
    1. The thing i remember loving about AoC was the thought of guild wars/sieges...so how often do these things happen nowadays?
    Crom: every now and then. Not too often though. Maybe once per month in average?

2. I loved playing the open pvp servers where you could be fighting at anytime and anywhere...are these servers still close to the same open rules as before?
    Funcom removed White Sands and Underhalls PvP from Fury. Also, Crom is bigger than Fury nowadays.

3. How does a HoX perform in pvp? are they a little underrated or a OP force?
    They are on of the top killers in minigames, but they tend to engage in close combat and die sometimes. You can expect something like 30+ kills, 7-8 deaths in Hallowed Vaults.
    Herald of Xotli are a very powerful class with all the magic and melee abilities combined, hard-hitting combos, and AoE effects. I would definitely recommend it as the best PvP class.

4. I actually loved the difficulty of the leveling that there was during the launch...is it still the same? or have they made it easier?
    If you do not use offline levels or double experience potions, then you will experience a bit more interesting Destiny quests (harder), and easier quests in Field of the Dead, Eigilophian Mountains, and Ymir's Pass. For some unknown reason, Funcom removed group quests and removed mobs a bit from those areas. No one wanted that. They also add some silliness into the game like the Ymir's Axe in front of the Frostfather (?!?!) or Saddur asking you to go to kill demons to retrieve the key from Demons while he has it in his pockets (?!?!!?!) at the same time (some people laugh at the change, but they do not play for immersion).

5. and lastly, What server has the best open pvp population and also a good amount of newer/beginner players to play with?
    Fury for open-world PvP, but you might not like the community there.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 18th April 2013 at 06:05.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Welcome back.

If you want to know what was happening in AOC since 2008 check out my blog www.assassinshideout.com
    Retired

Slith Now I see you got Interview with music composer AOC Great going read ;-)

Wink

and you did not ask him if he play AOC :-(
    but give you +++

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo525 View Post
    and you did not ask him if he play AOC :-(
    but give you +++
    I have few more interviews lined up, I don't want to ask same questions
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    You can expect something like 30+ kills, 7-8 deaths in Hallowed Vaults
    Says someone with negative KD ratio...

Well you can have such score providing... you are excpetional player with great gear and full AA.

Generaly HoX is currently widely considered as weaker class if not weakiest one. And it is least played class although the concept and joy is great with HoX... but I would still recommend to dust off him as there is revamp comming relatively soon and it is pretty much sure HoX will get some love...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

New player playing hox in mini, i bet something like 0-5 kills and 10-30 deaths per minigame.

If i have only one advice : stick to your healer and tank at all time, don't run alone, you'd get farmed badly by the horde of sins roaming around.

HoX is awesome though, but you need decent team support to really shine, and unfortunately team spirit is not that common these days.

This game was hyped up and marketed as pvp heavy, then it failed. Since then it's been a hardcore pve game and if what you liked back then was pvp, you won't find much of it now.

Also there's only 3 servers now (except for german servers): pve, pvp and weird pvp. Leveling is very quick and there's a lot of new stuff for it but real game starts at 80 (trite as it is).

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Crom:
    They are on of the top killers in minigames, but they tend to engage in close combat and die sometimes. You can expect something like 30+ kills, 7-8 deaths in Hallowed Vaults.
    Herald of Xotli are a very powerful class with all the magic and melee abilities combined, hard-hitting combos, and AoE effects. I would definitely recommend it as the best PvP class.
    Lol you made my day wit this statement.
    30+ kills?!! Please tell me how many times from all thousands mini games you have played you scored 30 kills? I guess none or you wouldnt post screen with 13 or so kills in JS stating how hox is on top of the food chain.
    Yes 30 kills is possible if you are really great player or you get lucky that one mini but as new hox those numbers are quite impossible to achieve.
    But with some smart playing you can still end up positive and get some kills.

Also you recommend hox as best pvp class?
    You can say it is your favorite but never can say hox is best pvp class.
    Honestly equally skill player of any other class can beat hox 1v1. Hox only chance is with PC on.
    I know this game is not based 1v1 but if my statement is true (i believe it is) than you cant call hox best pvp class.

Dont get me wrong i love hox, it is my number one class and i hope it will stay that (if revamp dont change it into something silly), and i do good with hox. But getting 30 kills is not something that happens often or at all for some people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast