Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very old player returning with questions

Yes, it happens, but not often. And you are right, those are exceptional minigames that happen once in a month maybe, just like 0-2 kills, 30+ deaths (especially when HoXes go for a flag). But keep in mind that there were two heralds in the last minigame with 30+ kills and both scored over 30, "stealing" kills from other classes.
    And yes, PvP-wise it is, subjectively, the best class.
    I posted one screenshot that I took on the same evening when someone was trying to prove that HoXes are never top killers, and it was intended only to disprove a general statement. Massive AoE, insane magic damage, CCs, and AoE combos with DoTs make it a dangerous class. I can recommend it, cannot I?
    I would never say that HoX is a duel class, but there is a bigger arena in Kheshatta with more participants for HoX PVP.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 23rd April 2013 at 04:53.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Before I took my break, there were still attunement quests that you had to complete to get into raids. The running joke was that HoXes were the attunement quest for PVP. If you don't focus them, they eat you alive. Once you learn to pick them out of a crowd, they become a free kill. Attunement achieved, you may now graduate to real PVP.

I haven't gotten into PVP since returning, but if it's anything like it was, then if you (a HoX) are with a sturdy group that is playing cohesively and taking attention off you, and if you play smart (lurk, ambush an enemy/group only when distracted, and get lucky enough with CC that you can complete your AoE routine without interruption) then you can still wreak havoc even when your foes are competent PVPers. But that situation is very rare at 80; maybe 1-2 times every 5 minigames.

But I did have some very, very great games and world PVP pre-80, back in the day...
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yes, it happens, but not often. And you are right, those are exceptional minigames that happen once in a month maybe, just like 0-2 kills, 30+ deaths (especially when HoXes go for a flag). But keep in mind that there were two heralds in the last minigame with 30+ kills and both scored over 30, "stealing" kills from other classes.
    And yes, PvP-wise it is, subjectively, the best class.
    I posted one screenshot that I took on the same evening when someone was trying to prove that HoXes are never top killers, and it was intended only to disprove a general statement. Massive AoE, insane magic damage, CCs, and AoE combos with DoTs make it a dangerous class. I can recommend it, cannot I?
    I would never say that HoX is a duel class, but there is a bigger arena in Kheshatta with more participants for HoX PVP.
    I kind of agree with you on hox being most fun class in pvp for me (cant say best, but i enjoy it the most).
    And yes you can recommend class but dont over sell it. New hox wont have such high scores and will more than not have negative kd ratio.
    On offensive side hox can do nice. defense or survival is where, people that dont have great movements, have big problems. Also hox cc's are not that great as you are saying. fear and stun are easy to avoid, and root is semi decent but slow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12