Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The ONE thing I like most about PvP is....

When both teams in a mini are even. Fighting back and fourth over the same area for the match. Being pushed back and then pushing back.

Even if at the end of the match you lose, you still leave thinking it was a great game.

The same 4 maps for the last 5 years, the lack of a rank system, can't see kills or deaths, and how you farm rocks to win at PvP! I LOVE PVP!

That it's optional. You don't have to do it to progress or see major content. Takes the pressure off.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Player vs player & player vs environment.

The environment is just a program. Can be hard to beat it, but it's not going to learn anymore. Once you know the tactic, have the power and the numbers, it's just like dancing parrots work.

Humans are not so.
    Last edited by nikepilas; 19th April 2013 at 00:01.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Player vs player & player vs environment.

The environment is just a program. Can be hard to beat it, but it's not going to learn anymore. Once you know the tactic, have the power and the numbers, it's just like dancing parrots work.

Humans are not so.
    Some humans play worse than the mobs though...just saying
    Doomsayer 2008

The ONE thing I like most about PvP. The answer was clear to me: sieges. But then I realised that is not the place but the reason to fight that makes sieges so amazing.

Start as a slave. Make your way through Hyboria with sword in your hand. Become a part of a Guild. Gain the resources to build a city / battlekeep. Fight for the resources and for the defense and growth of your kingdom.

That's in my opinion the natural way to play AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Some humans play worse than the mobs though...just saying
    Humans eventually will improve if game demands pvp practice.

I think pvp can be improved a lot in AoC. And for that pvp must be as normal as was sword fighting in Hyborian times.

After enemy dies, in few minutes place is swarming with his t4 friends

Default What I miss...

Is open world PVP. Fighting in Khesh (or any new zone commons, cellers etc) with the guild all on vent and battling it out with carnage, usual suspects, reincarnation and any other guild brave enough to show there face. The best of times...brings a tear to my eye. The rage in global after was fun as well.

Epic battles

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Being accused of hacking when someone jumps you and you kill them.
    seconded this

The combo combat system.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast