Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    Pros and cons of having kd shown:

Pros:
    * Pvpers like to see other pvpers stats to compair and see what to strive for
    * Once you pvp 10 and do not get pvpxp, what else is there to do besides try to get a better kill ratio?
    * its a pvp game an 99% of pvp games show pvp stats, world of tanks for instance has a full page of stats for each tanker, so does league of legend, dota etc.
    * People used to play BETTER as a team and stay closer to team mates before it was removed, people do not care at all if they die now so they just run in circles like idiots at times...

Cons:
    * It may make people hide if been farmed in a mini ( PEOPLE DO THAT ANYWAY )
    * i cant see any cons really, i dont see how more pvp stats in a pvp game can be a con full stop.

I don't know, maybe an option to hide it if you want to would work? i know for a fact that a large number of pvpers want it back and never wanted it gone, its the pve players that wanted it gone for some reason ( and it doesnt even effect them )
    Pros and cons in your opinion. This doesent reflect the facts of the game.
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    Pros and cons in your opinion. This doesent reflect the facts of the game.
    I agree with his opinion. And reality is more perception than of itself. Therefore it is a fact.

Signed/ Bring it back so that it's viewable by all players and bring back competition into this game.

KDR got totally blown out of proportion, because there aren't any other measures of individual performance, because the game isn't balanced around equal individual performance. So people were changing classes, crippling minis, derailing forum discussions, and raging at Funcom about balance, all in the name of one silly, buggy stat.

Statistics, good. KDR alone, bad.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    KDR got totally blown out of proportion, because there aren't any other measures of individual performance, because the game isn't balanced around equal individual performance. So people were changing classes, crippling minis, derailing forum discussions, and raging at Funcom about balance, all in the name of one silly, buggy stat.

Statistics, good. KDR alone, bad.
    It doesn't have to do anything with anything. So how would it hurt to bring it back for those of us that want it? If you don't want it, don't look at it. its already in your stats.

If at first you don't succeed, just give up, right?

People WERE crippling minis (compared to before), as they do now with poor teamwork and sportsmanship, all in the name of kdr. FC failed in their adjustment in the first place, by not removing kdr from people's minds. If they did remove kd, they should have at least removed it completely, or removed death completely as many have suggested. People still play selfishly, sitting on pad after a few deaths, and or leaving before they die.

The game devs should do things that promote healthy and fun competition. Honestly I don't even think twice about this kdr crap. I started pvping on my sin without aa in t0 crafted blue gear same as my tos and my two tanks. Adding more stats are always good, esp if it helps to balance minis. But with FC's limited resources, they should do the most efficient thing to promote healthy pvp. For god sake the aoc news on the launcher is still update 4.0 - 10th of ****ING January.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    If at first you don't succeed, just give up, right?

People WERE crippling minis (compared to before), as they do now with poor teamwork and sportsmanship, all in the name of kdr. FC failed in their adjustment in the first place, by not removing kdr from people's minds. If they did remove kd, they should have at least removed it completely, or removed death completely as many have suggested. People still play selfishly, sitting on pad after a few deaths, and or leaving before they die.

The game devs should do things that promote healthy and fun competition. Honestly I don't even think twice about this kdr crap. I started pvping on my sin without aa in t0 crafted blue gear same as my tos and my two tanks. Adding more stats are always good, esp if it helps to balance minis. But with FC's limited resources, they should do the most efficient thing to promote healthy pvp. For god sake the aoc news on the launcher is still update 4.0 - 10th of ****ING January.
    Its actually this very thought process that screwed it all up. TO even think minis is about kills is wrong, at least to players seeking more than what funcom could or was willing to provide. Confused? Let me explain.

The only way one would advance PVP levels for a long time was if to get a kill. Kills are given for those doing the most damage to a target, not for actually killing with the final blow. Doesn't sound bad does it? Well, heavies didn't dps they way the do now, and healers didn't hit that hard (minus the tos which we will come to in a minute because everything I post is about the tos). Enter in the QQers in to forums about how heavies should out dps casters, and healers shouldn't dps, and blah blah blah. The balance is now thrown off, devs are confused, a weak GM doesn't know which direction to go because of lack of vision (something I am afraid might be repeating itself) and so on.

So to advance, I had to pick a target and focus on that target, ignoring my team, heals, ccs, buffs, debuffs, and etc. Hell, I recall spaartan (a pro guard) got pissed at me for not following him and pocket healing. I would be scrutinized for getting top kills because I was suppose to help him get top kills so he could level, get fame and fortune and blah blah blah.

Today, the game hasn't changed. Get points and recognition for killing, not for team play. If its team play you want, you are playing the wrong game. Unless of course you find baddies like bearicanon and crew to just assist in the ring leader doing what they want. FUncom needed to, and I begged, to make heals and assist a part of the reward system.

I can say this because I had a pocket healer on my healing tos. Having a pom follow me around, healing and buffing me, his entire build for a while was just to support me. And he would repulse when we got in trouble, and we would be reputable teams with this mentality. Is that team play? Well, I hit pvp 10 while he hit pvp 5. That hardly seems fair.

Now a days, when someone bitches at me in a mini for heals, I pretty much ignore them and make more of a conscious-able effort to not heal them. Why should I be some pugs pocket healer so he can become an instant forum star posting picks like 50 kills on a conq... See what I did there? Even though he had nothing really to do with those kills, it was his support if I were supporting him that got him those kills.

What does any of this have to do with k2d? K2d is a useless fact in the scheme of skill. However, it will show experience. It also gives a point to focus. If I see a demo with 50,000 kills and another demo with 1000 kills, guess which one I am focusing?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    It doesn't have to do anything with anything. So how would it hurt to bring it back for those of us that want it? If you don't want it, don't look at it. its already in your stats.
    What if you do want it but your class is bad at KDR? What do you get? The QQ about that alone was unending.

You don't need me to play devil's advocate, go search the old PVP boards for "ratio" or something, go back to KDR days, drink deeply of vintage tears. Ten page threads ranting about class balance and game mechanics, based on nothing but KDR. Maybe it's not "anything," but people are weird. KDR reminded me of that experiment where some creepy teacher told her kids that brown eyes were better, and the blue-eye kids were scarred for life.

I love stats. It's too bad we don't have more, especially in what is now a mini-driven (read: controlled) PVP game. I'd be happy even with something like SWTOR's minigame scoreboard: there were unique stats for a number of roles and achievements, and teams were even asked to vote for an MVP who would then get a bonus for just being, you know, MVP.

But one arbitrary, ambiguous stat, when there's nothing else to put it in perspective? Wait at least until the old forums go away before trying to gloss up that one.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    What if you do want it but your class is bad at KDR? What do you get? The QQ about that alone was unending.
    Hence my point about support being considered in stats. k2d is a very small aspect of pvp in general thought. But it is what the game is about. The question is, would you rather have a heal bot or a team mate that can kill?

Think about it before you answer...

All your existing PvP stats should be visible by everyone, that includes k/d, minis and sieges.

Would be way better to create even more PvP stats, but lets be realistic...(FC+5yrs old game)
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast