Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    In the US forums, there were many posts asking for it to be removed from game. Some of us asked it not to be removed, but simply hidden. I recall this because I was against it being hidden, and I have the worst k2d than anyone posting here. But my w/l is incredible. And by the way, I have 0 drops, hence my k2d being so bad.
    So bad, baby so good!

/signed for stats

Everything that can be calculated, then make rankings

IMO removing K/D changed nothing. Players still leave or hide just as often as before. Onepappa is a great example. Is he all of a sudden a team player. Nope.

Removing K/D hurt the game more then it helped.

I'm for bringing back K/d + more stats. Even a stat that shows how many times a player has left a mini/team. Call it the "shame stat".

Also, players should be kicked automatically if he is inactive in a mini for longer then a minute. After 5 years this should have been implemented. Instead they go far band-aid fixes and remove K/D and wonder why the wound hasn't healed. Onepappa still hiding and leaving mini.

The only thing removing it did was lessen the drama in global, which I miss cause it was soooooo amusing. I loved to watch the ones brag about their k/d and taunt others with how bad they were because of their k/d and then all the excuses from both sides if why it was/wasn't valid. I miss the silliness of a silly stat.
    Last edited by tsquared2; 19th April 2013 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    IMO removing K/D changed nothing
    That's because it hasn't been removed, but just hidden instead. People can still play with themselves watching how huge they are, and that's the problem of it all.

To kill this pathetic behaviour, there's a simple solution: just totally remove "individual K/D", except for open world PvP kills. And add a "team K/D" for minigames, shared evenly between team members.

Talking mm where to start

for one it made people use the rez pad to stack theyre k.d quite often by creating many accounts , and or letting theyre friends do it for them , stacking theyre k/d ratio and doing it on daily basis to gain exp also , with out ever being in a mini game , one day id see a character with like 12 kills 150 deaths few, days later 2500 kills pvp7 , and still 150 deaths, the stat just causes people to do bad things. Braggarts and cheaters use that stat it really is unessasary , with it being gone, there will be less of that type of behavior. Instaed why don't we use that space where we used to see them stats and place a personal biography page , be it a poem or story of your in game origin etc , been waiting forever for that,.

I think removing k:d stats from view was a good idea. Removing it altogether would have been too much, though.

I would love to see more stats. Flags picked up and delivered, for example. Being the flag carrier can be a ungrateful task and decidedly less exciting than brawling with the other team. Having a shiny stat to look at might make it a little better
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    That's because it hasn't been removed, but just hidden instead. People can still play with themselves watching how huge they are, and that's the problem of it all.

To kill this pathetic behaviour, there's a simple solution: just totally remove "individual K/D", except for open world PvP kills. And add a "team K/D" for minigames, shared evenly between team members.
    Behavior? what behavior are you talking about killing?

Maybe the NHL should get rid of individual stats also to get rid of this "behavior" that you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalicus View Post
    for one it made people use the rez pad to stack theyre k.d quite often by creating many accounts , and or letting theyre friends do it for them , stacking theyre k/d ratio and doing it on daily basis to gain exp also , with out ever being in a mini game , one day id see a character with like 12 kills 150 deaths few, days later 2500 kills pvp7 , and still 150 deaths, the stat just causes people to do bad things. Braggarts and cheaters use that stat it really is unessasary , with it being gone, there will be less of that type of behavior. Instaed why don't we use that space where we used to see them stats and place a personal biography page , be it a poem or story of your in game origin etc , been waiting forever for that,.
    Please show me proof of all the thousands of people that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    Maybe the NHL should get rid of individual stats also to get rid of this "behavior" that you are talking about.
    Be serious, you perfectly know what I'm talking about. There's no misconduct penalty on AoC PvP. So if you want to compare with hockey, at least don't do it fallaciously by using incomplete information.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast