Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Why not show visible all the stats you can see on your character ? kills, mini-game stats per genre, tournament mode victoiries, siege results.

Adding a stat for left mini is the only thing lacking.
    Because, when people saw that players on the other team had 6x the amount of kills they had it usually meant every one dropped when that team had 3+ people like that.

With an explosion of new players showing PvP stats like this could hurt the pvp population more than help it.
    Doomsayer 2008

@Suctum: Stats of whatever kind can do nothing to help the pvp population, all they could be used for is to determine which one you're going to farm after the match starts and who you're going to try to avoid.
    I allege that this is the primary function which most of the pro-stat-posters desire to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    @Suctum: Stats of whatever kind can do nothing to help the pvp population, all they could be used for is to determine which one you're going to farm after the match starts and who you're going to try to avoid.
    I allege that this is the primary function which most of the pro-stat-posters desire to get back.
    From a veteran's perspective though. The current population is largely non-veteran players who have only been playing from 3.0 and beyond. If I remember back to when I was new and saw people with 3x the kills I had I remember how I felt. There's no need for KD in current day, and this is comming from someone with close to 50k kills.

Also, from what you said, you would farm low K/D players but let the high ones live while you do so? That's the off base tactics which would lead to even worse mini's then there are now. For that reason alone showing K/D would not benefit anyone.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Because, when people saw that players on the other team had 6x the amount of kills they had it usually meant every one dropped when that team had 3+ people like that.

With an explosion of new players showing PvP stats like this could hurt the pvp population more than help it.
    Doesn't seem much diffrent than what happens now.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well there is no advantage. Even a "left Minigame"-Statistic would most likely be rather bad than of any value. People would just stop leaving and go AFK more often, effectively blocking a slot for someone willing to play.
    this is why Im talking not about 'left' stat but 'lost=left' stat. when you would be leaving - it would be counted as losing, when you are afking - you will also lose for sure so in both ways you got +1 to your shameful stat - then whats the reason to go afk?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    This is a really stupid idea. All it will do is encourage players to focus new PVPers even harder, and get minis popping less. Is this some sort of troll post or something? Anyone who doesn't understand that has to be a 16 year old "QQ more downie, rage more newb" type player, who has nothing better to do with their time then flex their kill count in minis, rather then actually showing off any level of skill. Focus more on fixing PVP so new players want to actually participate in PVP, rather then bringing back old scoreboards that did nothing positive for the game.
    fail thinking. Every player who has a little bit of idea about pvp knows that the most important think is to make your opponent team weaker as fast as possible and lowbies are dying very fast. I will always focus on lowbie not to get kill stat but to make my opponent to fight with 5 vs 6 and I am killing lowbie in couple of seconds in contrast to veterans even if skill would be similar. It wont get changed while there is such a great power gap between veterans and new 80s. Simple enough.

I can agree with you that giving more stats would be funny, but Id rather stick to stats: siege wons/lost, premades won/lost, random minis won/lost=left, eventually you can add k/d, with minis won/lost=left you would know that guy who has impressive k/d and is losing=leaving a lot is just uselees noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yay, bring back e-peen !
    So PVEers show off their stats how? Type of armor or vanity?

PVPers can show off with armor as well I guess. Or you can just look at their level.

I think showing win/loss is a nice thing - But funcom mini game balance can really impact this.

Kills - Its a good stat to judge someones experience. If you see a high kill count you can usually judge how much they will contribute to a mini. At the same time, farming became an issue back in the day.

Deaths - No real value here from my perspective. Everyone dies and again we come back to farming and funcom balance.

Perhaps only show stats for the premade queue and only count stats from those minis. Thats the hardcore pvp section and let it be something there.

I am afraid that some might be embarrassed to pvp if their k2d were shown. And given population I sure wouldnt want to discourage anyone from trying out pvp. Althought the face stomping that might occur to them might be enough alone to discourage them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    KD removal aimed at changing PvP'ers behavior if i remember correctly.

It was removed, and people who used to leave the match with 10% HP still do so, nothing has changed here.

Team play has not improved a single bit (it's even 100 times worse since the premade removal as default match).

People who used to chase the weakest character to farm kills still do so.

So, at the end of the day, removing KD ratio has brought absolutely nothing to the PvP area.

The only thing it did was removing the very single incentive old PvP'ers had to join minigames when they're full in gear and AA.

So as it's been suggested (as in "begged") for years, bring back the KD ratio, and while you're at it, bring also new relevant stats, like minigames win/loss ratio, for each map, plus an overall stat, healing done, flags captured, number of ennemies killed in a row without dying, average distance travelled in one minigame, average damage done and taken per mini, etc.
    This is exactly what I said would happen when everyone cried that KDR being public was ruining pvp.

They cried for pvp lvls and armor, they got them and now we cry about those. We wanted lvl 80 advancement, got it and now we cry about that.

I think Funcom is on to something by not listening to whiny players.

What we need is a real stat tracking mechanism as you described that tracks much more than just kdr. You mention players begging to have it returned for years, it was begged to be removed for even longer.

If we tracked how much players healed, cc'd or any other support stat then we can get the focus off just killing... this works great in other games and is really needed in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    This is exactly what I said would happen when everyone cried that KDR being public was ruining pvp.

They cried for pvp lvls and armor, they got them and now we cry about those. We wanted lvl 80 advancement, got it and now we cry about that.
    I do not remember people complaining about KDR being public. People cried about Death ruining minigames, which is completly true. We never asked to just hide kdr from another players. YG was still there at that time so you couldnt really hide anything, that was just one more bad idea from funcom and it changed nothing.
    Removing deaths, at that time, meant that all DPS classes (specially soldiers) would stop fleeing from death and leave their team behind just to protect it.

I remember Mabus not picking the flag with his guard after the Guard speedbuff nerf, saying that it would hurt his kdr or something like that.

Removing Death numbers would improve the public team play experience. Of course more things needs to be addeded, such as assists, heals and this kind of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    I do not remember people complaining about KDR being public. People cried about Death ruining minigames, which is completly true. We never asked to just hide kdr from another players.
    Are you new here? The forums were filled with hundreds of ppl crying about it....

Random pvp 1 new players all the way up to the infamous Bolas.

still stats are not guild pvp content nor premade fix

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast