Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    so your saying peopel that prefet objectives cant do so because people keep killing them... in pvp mini games... in pvp... pvp...
    Oh please, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that people cannot play objectives because far too many people IN THEIR OWN TEAM don't care about anything but kills. Even if they make their team lose.

Keep telling your self that man, say it 100x in your head and it might make you feel better.

kd infact does reflect a player. Thats why it got removed remember, so that bad players didnt get picked on as much.
    Yes KD does reflect something but what that is u can never know by just looking at KD cause a good or bad KD can have a gazzilion reasons

Keep telling your self that man, say it 100x in your head and it might make you feel better.

kd infact does reflect a player. Thats why it got removed remember, so that bad players didnt get picked on as much.
    You are saying to the wrong person, I can post you many screens of 30+ kills and few (0-3) deaths got on my demo (47-3, 39-1, 36-3, 25-0 etc).

It's actually STUPID to have a good k/d, all you need is playing just minis where you have op group, or simply where tanks/sins in enemy group don't chase you all the time (talking about demo).

I'd have much better k/d on my demo then the 2,5 I have if I just played such minis, instead of playing for fun.
    Fun actually means much more CHALLENGE then k/d.
    I have been delivering last flag on minis where I was running 25-0 cause is crazy boring to continue to farm same unexperienced players forever..

As I haven't been leaving games with a bad k/d because we anyway had some chance to win and was actually fun and challenge to play vs a stronger group (even if sometimes make me rage so much to die cause my group members, or at least some of them, don't teamplay or just don't give any contribution, and even still call you "k/d whore").

K/D kills all this.

Ofc people can leave minigames where there is no hope, I do that too, but it's different than just to play for k/d.

Sorry not k/d doesn't mean much imo.
    You need to see a player in action to understand if he is good, his k/d ratio means nothing, and players with 4+ k/d which actually selectively avoid minigames are actually really bad players to me.

But it's hard to explain to people like you.
    As I said, the only way Funcom can change players behaviour is by bringing goals which motivate people foward the opposite behaviour.

Bring K/D visible is exactly the most wrong thing Funcom can do to finish to ruin PvP in this game, and finish to transform what you think is skill to the same complexity of slot machine playing... that is actually what is wait for the right group mix (aka LUCK) to play a minigame. Does this need skill?
    Last edited by Calore; 7th June 2013 at 14:56.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    You are saying to the wrong person, I can post you many screens of 30+ kills and few (0-3) deaths got on my demo (47-3, 39-1, 36-3, 25-0 etc).

It's actually STUPID to have a good k/d, all you need is playing just minis where you have op group, or simply where tanks/sins in enemy group don't chase you all the time (talking about demo).

I'd have much better k/d on my demo then the 2,5 I have if I just played such minis, instead of playing for fun.
    Fun actually means much more CHALLENGE then k/d.
    I have been delivering last flag on minis where I was running 25-0 cause is crazy boring to continue to farm same unexperienced players forever..

As I haven't been leaving games with a bad k/d because we anyway had some chance to win and was actually fun and challenge to play vs a stronger group.

K/D kills all this.

Ofc people can leave minigames where there is no hope, I do that too, but it's different than just to play for k/d.

Sorry not k/d doesn't mean much imo.
    You need to see a player in action to understand if he is good, his k/d ratio means nothing, and players with 4+ k/d which actually selectively avoid minigames are actually really bad players to me.

But it's hard to explain to people like you.
    As I said, the only way Funcom can change players behaviour is by bringing goals which motivate people foward the opposite behaviour.

Bring K/D visible is exactly the most wrong thing Funcom can do to finish to ruin PvP in this game, and finish to transform what you think is skill to the same complexity of slot machine playing... that is actually what is wait for the right (aka LUCK) to play a minigame. Does this need skill?
    my point is that people think it makes a difference not been shown, it does not. People play how they play regardless. bad is still bad, flag bot is still flag bot, kd whore is still kd whore.

and considering everyone plays the same as before, it may as well be put back in becasue more stats is better then none.

People behave like that because "k/d is all that we have", using the words of a good player I know.
    Even if not visible, k/d is still all we have (aka no real reward for winning minis, delivering flags, helping teammates etc).

Solution to make people behave differently is just keep it hidden and introduce different goals, more related to minigame original goal.

Or a different solution: make k/d counted and visible only for open world and arena fights (open world actually don't even exist on Crom), but hide it for minigames.

This would work too imo.
    Last edited by Calore; 7th June 2013 at 15:08.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    People behave like that because "k/d is all that we have", using the words of a good player I know.
    Even if not visible, k/d is still all we have (aka no real reward for winning minis, delivering flags, helping teammates etc).

Solution to make people behave differently is just keep it hidden and introduce different goals, more related to minigame original goal.

Or a different solution: make k/d counted and visible only for open world and arena fights (open world actually don't even exist on Crom), but hide it for minigames.

This would work too imo.
    yea, or, they could just put it back an tell the whiney people to stop crying

yea, or, they could just put it back an tell the whiney people to stop crying
    they should remove death count so people would stop caring about dying and start caring about wins instead.

deaths make the "so called pros" leave to avoid 1 death instead of staying and fighting to win.

deaths make noobs give up pvp because quite quickly the name and shame escalates quite fast to primary school lvl of bullying.

deaths over all as a stat is meaningless because a good player who strives to help others and his team win will sacrifice to protect a fallen flag for example while carrier gets away to score, or is focusing high dps classes who kite very easily aka rangers or demos.

hidding it is a pure sham tactic given players still just play for k/d leaving minigames to avoid death at all costs posting screenshots of kd to elevate their epeen.

i guess half of you will troll back hard for these facts and go around making more posts on how "true pro's" are not giving a flying fuc. about winning minigames or having any remote teamplay atitude.

game needs more stats we all agree on that.
    game needs arenas, 2vs2 maps, 1vs1, maybe even adjust br and totem torrent to have half duration and be pure death match team with most kills wins.
    tsw cronicler adapted to aoc for sure a must!
    maybe extra pvp xp bonus if a certain mark of cc's used or flag carriers killed booster.

game doesnt need stats to discorage players from progressing in pvp.

just think how many of those f2p players got lost to pvp by the eficient farm they suffered/and still suffer.

if instead game had a lot more stats and no death stat i am very confident players would be doing pvp a lot more often and lingering long enough to be better at it.

i hope the actual people in charge reflect upon this and take action to improve this aspect of pvp in aoc.
    Last edited by noite80; 7th June 2013 at 16:03.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

hidding it is a pure sham tactic given players still just play for k/d leaving minigames to avoid death at all costs posting screenshots of kd to elevate their epeen.
    That what i do all the time, gain some time to win, and that work very well, but yes i die

But the pvp open give me lot of kill, i will still be positive.

But yes, lets remove death count, who care about death ?

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    deaths make the "so called pros" leave to avoid 1 death instead of staying and fighting to win.
    Be realistic though, how many do that? And who cares about those, they are well known and made fun of.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

my point is that people think it makes a difference not been shown, it does not. People play how they play regardless. bad is still bad, flag bot is still flag bot, kd whore is still kd whore.
    +1 there, nothing changed in general after FC removed k/d, its self introduced myth, that remove k/d, remove deaths and world will turn to pink, all will be same after this, good pvpers will still pvp, cripples will cripple and such.

Bad thing after k/d removal, that minis became way less predictable, coz alot bori farmers with k/d 200/200 and pvp 10 from which u expect nothing now became hidenn :> It's quite improtant to know such things, so u can adjust gaming style and prepare urself and ur nerves

As Calore mentioned, problem is k/d only thing we had, its hardly could be used as measure of skill but it was at least some information tool, coz u seen ppl in ur team and knew what to expect, ofc no1 will expect any dps from tank with kd like 200/3000, or any support from demo with k/d 4000/6000.
    Cripples gonna cripple