Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    People on this forums cried about premades in the past and In return made the only MMO where you couldn't team with friends.... K/D isn't the issue here.
    You can't seriously blame FC from removing the possibility to farm pick-ups with a team. Where was the challenge in playing an OP team of veterans with vocal backup against PU scrubs?

Team VS team minis still exist btw. But why is no one using them? The answer is quite simple: because there's no K/D to get from that. If it was only a matter of XP and/or rewards, then full perked R10's would queue in them to be able to boast about as good they are at PvP against opponents on par with them. Not against scrupulously selected low-ranked unperked scrubs, as it can be seen in most current minis.

Besides, I seriously doublt ppl would use the tournament feature even if kills were counted there. Even if you also got rewards and XP. Because it's far easier to farm pick-ups, even if you're a pick-up too.

So, sorry again to disagree, but really, brute K/D is the root of most (not all, but at least 80% if it) evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I'd like to see stats listed other than just kills. Kills are calculated a little strangely in this game in comparison to others.

Here's a list of examples of possible stats:

1.) Kill Assists
    2.) Finishing Blows
    3.) Healing done
    4.) Damage done
    5.) Flag carriers killed
    6.) Capped flags
    7.) Flag assists(killing players trying to kill flag carrier)
    8.) Highest hit
    9.) Highest critical hit
    10.) Highest burst heal

A medal system similar to SWTOR would actually do wonders for this game as well, considering you get PvP XP based upon your team performance.
    See now THIS is a cool idea. Something that tells you about the actual player, rather then simply "this guy was able to kill 30k+ people." You don't know how this player got all his kills. There is a PVP 10 Assassin on Set who will rush into a group of players, DWW and try and do as much possible dmg to the entire group, die, and then the rest of his team will kill the people he DWW'd and he gets a crapton of kills. There is no skill in doing that, but I bet you he has a super high kill count just from this alone. But if you see more detailed stats, it would be cool and actually worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    You can't seriously blame FC from removing the possibility to farm pick-ups with a team. Where was the challenge in playing an OP team of veterans with vocal backup against PU scrubs?

Team VS team minis still exist btw. But why is no one using them? The answer is quite simple: because there's no K/D to get from that. If it was only a matter of XP and/or rewards, then full perked R10's would queue in them to be able to boast about as good they are at PvP against opponents on par with them. Not against scrupulously selected low-ranked unperked scrubs, as it can be seen in most current minis.

Besides, I seriously doublt ppl would use the tournament feature even if kills were counted there. Even if you also got rewards and XP. Because it's far easier to farm pick-ups, even if you're a pick-up too.

So, sorry again to disagree, but really, brute K/D is the root of most (not all, but at least 80% if it) evil.
    K/D is the DEVIL

This qq about k/d so ridiculous, ppl dream on after removing that everyone will play how's they like and they turn in yber pvpers? Its a dream.

It was same when ppl been qq'ing to remove old sign up queue, it got removed and what did we get? We cant play with friends anymore. Before on forums was mini threads and ppl were discussing matches each evening with screenshots and stuff, coz were alot good challengefull games, Now its mostly farms in one way or other, really lucky to get 1-2 decent match in day.

Then they removed k/d from being visible, and nothing changed again. Coz by removing and cutting u cant impove ppl mentallity. Cripples still been crippling around.

Any mmo needs way of some progression for pvpers, like ladders, achievements, stats.

Resoulition in short term supereasy,
    K/D is only one stat, so fix this, add way more diffrent stats and be happy, add win/loss/leave ratio, make profiles. So respfarmers, kdwhores and such will be easy determine, when u have alot stats to judge but one. Give players motivation to play in team pvp, by adding and inspiring this by some rewards, like additional tokens/pvp exp and u will see how community will improve/develop.

Removing and cutting is dead end.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Hello everyone,

This thread has been some interesting reading, there have been some good points and arguments raised for having more stats not just bringing back the Kills and Deaths stats as a visible feature. There have also been good counter arguments for not bringing the stats back.

However there has also been a fair amount of forum PvP amongst the posters here, I suggest you read Social Guidelines before continuing to post in this thread. I understand that as this is a PvP thread people tend to be more passionate about their point of view but that doesn't mean resorting to flaming and trolling or labeling someone as belonging to a group with a tongue in cheek name is acceptable behavior.

I've read a lot of posts that I could give infractions for and received feedback from Arishanya that countless others should get infractions as well but we are giving you one last chance to post constructively.

If you cannot follow the Social Guidelines whilst posting in this thread it will be closed!
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Actually when I say that K/D is the root of all evil, I'm not suggesting K/D is to be removed. What I mean is that FC should remove the possibility to farm K/D while not caring about main objectives. That's pretty different.

People who want to farm kills just need to go to open-world. FC could also add a deathmatch mini (or turn one of the current CTS maps into deathmatch) for them too. I would have no problem at all with that.

My only point is that people who prefer to play objectives, who have a more tactical appoach of PvP, can't play as they want, because CTS games are almost invariably distorted by pseudo-exploits.
    Last edited by Janroocas; 7th June 2013 at 06:32.

I love stats in general.

As i already stated, id like k/d back, but together with every other existing stat ingame --> minigame w/l, sieges w/l - should be very easy for FC to make them visible by everyone.

I would prefer having even more, but i dont think its realistic expecting from FC to implement tons of other statistics for a 5 years old game. If they do i would be delighted but im not very optimistic they will so i just stick with asking what i believe is possible.

My playstyle doesnt change according to which stat is visible after all, cant speak for everyone though.

You could keep deaths out if you really think it will improve the way minis are being played, but id rather have them visible.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    Actually when I say that K/D is the root of all evil, I'm not suggesting K/D is to be removed. What I mean is that FC should remove the possibility to farm K/D while not caring about main objectives. That's pretty different.

People who want to farm kills just need to go to open-world. FC could also add a deathmatch mini (or turn one of the current CTS maps into deathmatch) for them too. I would have no problem at all with that.

My only point is that people who prefer to play objectives, who have a more tactical appoach of PvP, can't play as they want, because CTS games are almost invariably distorted by pseudo-exploits.
    so your saying peopel that prefet objectives cant do so because people keep killing them... in pvp mini games... in pvp... pvp...

Kill / Death ratio objectively doesn't reflect player skill.

Making visible this stat would just increase (even further) the wrong opinion that k/d ratio is the most important indicator of skill.

K/D ratio must remain hide, instead Funcom should add visible stats and rewards for winning games and other achievements strictly related to the minigame real goal.
    This would help increase players real skills and would bring a lot more fun to minigames.

PvP is getting more and more boring because of players behaviour:
    - players sitting on rez and hiding from first to last minute when seeing their group is underpowered
    - players playing only when they are sure they can kill and not die (like 3+ vs 1 situations)
    - players completely avoiding to help team members when they risk to die
    - tanks going around chasing kills and refusing to delivery flags
    - healers going around chasing kills and not healing

There is no way to change players behaviour if not by motivating players with goals which push opposite behaviour.

Every player with a minimum of PvP experience (I have been playing PvP in AoC for 1,5y only) should know why k/d ratio reflects player skills just in a very low way.
    To make it clear: each player with average skill (so not a skilled player) which just avoids all risky situations and plays an "easy kill" or tank class can get a very good k/d ratio with no effort.
    k/d ratio mostly reflects players behaviour: a player which plays only when he is in an OP group doesn't need skill to get lot of kills and not die.
    This is especially true for every class , and it is even easier for tanks (PvP 7+ tanks with non suicide attitude will just get ignored 90% of the time) and "easy kill" classes (all with high DPS).

This is.
    But I will stop playing this game before seeing any change, since anyway this will NEVER change, and actual set of rules just pushed out the most wrong behaviour from PvP community, which is in fact at the moment full of haters, hypocrits, k/d whores  etc etc etc.

And btw, "k/d whore" doesn't mean killing a lot or farming kills, which is actually the main DPS classes job.
    K/D whore means selectively refuse to fight under certain circumstances, refuse to help team members (by useing CC for example) and all other support activities which can be provided by a DPS class and are not directly related to kill / avoid to die.

Anyway, people will continue to cry and hate "k/d whore" or "fail healer" each time they got killed repeatedly or just envy some player, and global flame will never stop until Funcom changes rules set and bring some right motivation, which is not k/d ratio.

It's mostly Funcom fault if atm we have this kind of community, even if they are not directly responsible for each specific player behaviour.

Not banning cheaters is another Funcom fault.
    I've seen the same demo (Cherepjoker) speedhacking for 1 month now (and he has been for much longer time, before that some made me notice it); people has been linking videos on global and still we have same players breaking minigames.

There would be a lot to do to make Age of Conan a better PvP game, but honestly I lost my hopes.I'll just play till I don't completely get bored.
    Have fun all
    Last edited by Calore; 7th June 2013 at 13:15.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Kill / Death ratio objectively doesn't reflect player skill.

Making visible this stat would just increase (even further) the wrong opinion that k/d ratio is the most important indicator of skill.

K/D ratio must remain hide, instead Funcom should add visible stats and rewards for winning games and other achievements strictly related to the minigame real goal.
    This would help increase players real skills and would bring a lot more fun to minigames.

PvP is getting more and more boring because of players behaviour:
    - players sitting on rez and hiding from first to last minute when seeing their group is underpowered
    - players playing only when they are sure they can kill and not die (like 3+ vs 1 situations)
    - players completely avoiding to help team members when they risk to die
    - tanks going around chasing kills and refusing to delivery flags
    - healers going around chasing kills and not healing

There is no way to change players behaviour if not by motivating players with goals which push opposite behaviour.

Every player with a minimum of PvP experience (I have been playing PvP in AoC for 1,5y only) should know why k/d ratio reflects player skills just in a very low way.
    To make it clear: each player with average skill (so not a skilled player) which just avoids all risky situations and plays an "easy kill" or tank class can get a very good k/d ratio with no effort.
    k/d ratio mostly reflects players behaviour: a player which plays only when he is in an OP group doesn't need skill to get lot of kills and not die.
    This is especially true for every class , and it is even easier for tanks (PvP 7+ tanks with non suicide attitude will just get ignored 90% of the time) and "easy kill" classes (all with high DPS).

This is.
    But I will stop playing this game before seeing any change, since anyway this will NEVER change, and actual set of rules just pushed out the most wrong behaviour from PvP community, which is in fact at the moment full of haters, hypocrits, k/d whores  etc etc etc.

And btw, "k/d whore" doesn't mean killing a lot or farming kills, which is actually the main DPS classes job.
    K/D whore means selectively refuse to fight under certain circumstances, refuse to help team members (by useing CC for example) and all other support activities which can be provided by a DPS class and are not directly related to kill / avoid to die.

Anyway, people will continue to cry and hate "k/d whore" or "fail healer" each time they got killed repeatedly or just envy some player, and global flame will never stop until Funcom changes rules set and bring some right motivation, which is not k/d ratio.

It's mostly Funcom fault if atm we have this kind of community, even if they are not directly responsible for each specific player behaviour.

Not banning cheaters is another Funcom fault.
    I've seen the same demo (Cherepjoker) speedhacking for 1 month now (and he has been for much longer time, before that some made me notice it); people has been linking videos on global and still we have same players breaking minigames.

There would be a lot to do to make Age of Conan a better PvP game, but honestly I lost my hopes.I'll just play till I don't completely get bored.
    Have fun all
    Keep telling your self that man, say it 100x in your head and it might make you feel better.

kd infact does reflect a player. Thats why it got removed remember, so that bad players didnt get picked on as much.