Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yes, especially on a soldier in the game's current state.

TBH if you play the objectives with your team or at least a few teammates (playing the objectives solo is another matter) you're not gonna have a bad k/d. For example a healer that stays with a decent flag carrier won't get farmed to death - he will support the FC and the FC will support him back > they both end up with a positive k/d. Of course speaking of pug minis here (since that's all we got).
    I am solo.

Pick up.

I have the blue pvp stuff and two purple pvp 4.

and one belt pvp t2.

This is "pug" minis so you have to adapt. Communicate with your team, go to them if they don't come to you, spot the potentially worthy players (gear, pvp lvl etc) on your team before the mini starts, spot the dangerous players in the other team etc. Even when you have one healer on your team it can be a better idea to play with that skilled barb (yes I do mean when you are flag carrier) instead because he will actually kill stuff and use his CCs to help you and not just stand there getting farmed because he can't play (or has no gear or whatever)

If you don't look around and blindly go for the flag alone of course you'll get farmed (though I would argue that with soldiers you can almost always get away).

I have seen you play in minis recently and well... you're doing it wrong so far.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    This is "pug" minis so you have to adapt. Communicate with your team, go to them if they don't come to you, spot the potentially worthy players (gear, pvp lvl etc) on your team before the mini starts, spot the dangerous players in the other team etc. Even when you have one healer on your team it can be a better idea to play with that skilled barb (yes I do mean when you are flag carrier) instead because he will actually kill stuff and use his CCs to help you and not just stand there getting farmed because he can't play (or has no gear or whatever)

If you don't look around and blindly go for the flag alone of course you'll get farmed (though I would argue that with soldiers you can almost always get away).

I have seen you play in minis recently and well... you're doing it wrong so far.
    Well what wrong i do ?

I won lot of my BG.

I don't have the stuff, if i fight pvp 10 or khitai stuff, i will not get any kill, and i will die surely.

You do realize that if KDR comes back, minis will take the worlds biggest nose dive right? There is a guy on the US servers who cares deeply about his KDR, he cares so much in fact that if you simply focus him a few times in the mini, he'll flat out drop the game since he doesn't want to get a lot of deaths (and everyone on the server knows him for it). And that's WITHOUT the ability to have the public see his Kills and Deaths. If you can see everyone's Kills and Deaths, then you'll have a crapton of people doing this sort of thing, and people won't try in minis as hard for fear that it will effect their KDR.

Back when KDR was visible to other players, you would have people spam kill alts and lowbies just to get their kill counter higher then their death count. This doesn't sound like something positive for the majority, but something that 1% of the community sitting on 30k+ kills can flaunt about. Nothing positive about this in my opinion for the AoC community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    You do realize that if KDR comes back, minis will take the worlds biggest nose dive right? There is a guy on the US servers who cares deeply about his KDR, he cares so much in fact that if you simply focus him a few times in the mini, he'll flat out drop the game since he doesn't want to get a lot of deaths (and everyone on the server knows him for it). And that's WITHOUT the ability to have the public see his Kills and Deaths. If you can see everyone's Kills and Deaths, then you'll have a crapton of people doing this sort of thing, and people won't try in minis as hard for fear that it will effect their KDR.

Back when KDR was visible to other players, you would have people spam kill alts and lowbies just to get their kill counter higher then their death count. This doesn't sound like something positive for the majority, but something that 1% of the community sitting on 30k+ kills can flaunt about. Nothing positive about this in my opinion for the AoC community as a whole.
    why give a cap the flag minigame if ppl care for kdr? how about HV no flag? obviously hide is so OP that without some kinda buff in place to get ppl out of hide the games would be kinda stale, but im sure we can get a thread going on suggestions to make a mode with--no flag capping--functional.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    more then wanting to be able to play again with friends in minigames i want system to change so k/d whores are shunned not praised,
    and team players who fight to win are encoraged to keep doing that.
    oh please, as a team player: this is hyboria...what team? savage world with everyone wanting to backstab you. flagbots and foreverqqonthepad should be shun, suicidal idiots and big babies dont belong in hyboria. if someone didnt pick up the flag for u and let the other team win, all the power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    why give a cap the flag minigame if ppl care for kdr? how about HV no flag? obviously hide is so OP that without some kinda buff in place to get ppl out of hide the games would be kinda stale, but im sure we can get a thread going on suggestions to make a mode with--no flag capping--functional.
    Nah, that would be simply boring.

Objectives are often too hard for people to understand (yeah, even as simple as CTF or TT rules) but in fact those objectives are what make minigames really fun.

There is diffrence between having decent kd and playing well and being just kd whore. I also appreciate guys who maybe aren't the best but they do their job instead of raging, whining, sitting afk etc. It is always pleasure to meet someone who actually cares about winning or at least trying to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    I think the basis of objective based PVP is to give not just the winning team the chance to have fun, but also the losing team the chance to end things quickly, by simply not trying. For instance, if a mini were to go for 15 minutes, and you found yourself on the losing team. With no way of ending the mini, due to it being based on purely just killing each other, people would hate that. Because every time you got on the losing team, you'd be getting massively farmed for what would seem an eternity. Now if they were to allow you to select who is on your team, then this would be cool, since you'd be in vent working together. And wouldn't get farmed as badly if you were losing.

A lot of MMO's have toyed with the idea of a mini game system that's designed around "just killing" each other. But none of them that I am aware of has ever found a proper formula for doing it effectively. And the issue comes down to balancing of teams. There is no way to ensure that both sides will be competitive. So it'll almost always come down to one team getting dominated by the other. And with pug minis, if you have 15 minutes on the clock at the start of the mini, and you get on a bad team. Better to simply drop and get the deserter buff for 10 minutes, then to get farmed for 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post

A lot of MMO's have toyed with the idea of a mini game system that's designed around "just killing" each other.
    fps are mmos right?

is LoL an mmo?

^biggest mmos right there, they make their fortunes off of simply letting ppl hack and smack each other, its easy money for FC.

as for mmorpgs with pvp, well the combat is meh so obviously any game mode that is kill-centric fails>tactic based pvp would be more popular in them

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Nah, that would be simply boring.

Objectives are often too hard for people to understand (yeah, even as simple as CTF or TT rules) but in fact those objectives are what make minigames really fun.

There is diffrence between having decent kd and playing well and being just kd whore. I also appreciate guys who maybe aren't the best but they do their job instead of raging, whining, sitting afk etc. It is always pleasure to meet someone who actually cares about winning or at least trying to do so.
    how about u play objectives if u like objectives; and let ppl that dont like to not bother about flags, to not bother about flags> spare them the griefing of other players that moan about wins and conquest trophies, when all they want to do is kill