Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Rewards could be AA, new more powerful PvP armor for which is really worth to get tokens, achievements from an achievement system (for example special rewards when you win 10, 100, 1000 minigames), etc
    everything you wrote is o.k or debatable but please no more uber powerful gear. bring back skill into game not gear...
    hel, lets all go fight nude

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    My point is it's not the majority of people in minis right now who farm out lowbies. You get some, but by far why minis are so bad is because you have a TON of people who just started playing AoC 3.0 or beyond...I.E. Mini Games are infested with newbies. People don't have a clue what to do because they simply don't know. You don't have enough of a veteran population left from pre 3.0 for people to get a clue, so new PvPers are watching slightly older PvPers and people are just doing foolish things just because of it.
    Sorry, not.
    You are totally wrong.

It's easy to see when a player is just a new player, still learning, and when it's an experienced player who just don't care about winning the game.

Do you think Age of Conan is rocket science?
    This may be even an hardcore game, but is still just a videogame.

How long do you think it takes to learn your class enough to be able to support effectively your team?
    Few months (depending on the time spent in game), not years.
    I bet there are some players who started at 3.0 which are already a lot better than most people playing from 2008.

Game is full of PvP 10 tanks, rangers, etc who don't care just a bit about winning the game.
    Examples I listed in my post were all related to exprienced players, PvP 10 with load of kills, not to players who have no idea what to do in a minigame.

It's not lack of skill if people just care about k/d and not about winning the mini.
    Most time, new players focus much more winning the game then old players.
    Most of PvP 9-10 tanks I see around don't even bother watching the flag, not even carrying it.

If you get lucky you get a good PvP 6-7 tank who carrys flag.
    If you are less lucky you get a PvP 1-3 tank which doesn't have gear and still lacks experience and some class knowledge, but in most cases is anyway a lot more useful than PvP 10 tanks I see around (if you want to win the mini ofc).
    Last edited by Calore; 25th April 2013 at 00:18.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I capture flag on my tos as much as any tank does
    POMS do well too

And BSes ))

But that's besides the point, tanks are still far better flag carriers, the only reason I carry the flag so much is because I actually want to win (and my W/L on my pvp 5 BS is good, even better than on my pvp 9 Guard, but when it comes to k/d it's the other way around) and most tanks are useless gimps trying to chase kills instead of playing the flag. Sad thing is most of them suck at killing too (hence why I call them "useless") :/

Honestly I can tolerate a soldier chasing kills - as long as he doesn't suck at it and picks off the right targets.

Anyway back on topic ofc I want k/d display back - but the best would be to show w/l (or at least wins and kills).
    Last edited by kalston; 25th April 2013 at 07:01.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Someone pointed it a very valuable point, it's that new players can't see the benefit of teamplay, since there's none as Funcom decided to eradicate premades.

So i'm actually wondering what a newbie aims at when starting PvP.

All he can see is these very high level over geared characters who seemingly play for themselves, chase under developed characters and leave as soon as they are about to die once.

So would it be possible that the next generation of high level will be used to that gameplay and repeat it thinking it's the way to play in AoC ?
    That would make of AoC PvP a trash can with the lamest gameplay possible as a norm.

This very prospect is kind of sad.

I think that the come back of visible K/D stats is not a good idea.
    It's not a thing which help for pvp fight between players. K/D stats is just good for the vanity of a few players. K/S stats is a brake for pvp development.

You forget all the good reasons why this K/D ratio had been get out. These reasons are always good. Still now some players don't fight in minigame when their team is not very good because of their K/D stats (nevertheless they are alone to see it). Their ratio is threatened ... and immediately they are hidden or they leave the minigame. This concept of K/D ratio is NOT GOOD for the game.

I think that a thing which can be kept is perhaps just the K stats. But not the ratio K/D.

For the competition a system of arena would be better. Only the voluntary players would join it and the winners could see their victories counted(recorded) in the form of classification(ranking). Only the victories would be counted(recorded).

PS sry for my bad english mates.

Fact is that most R10 PvPers don'd give a rat's ass about anything but their K/D. They only PvP for that. That's something I can understand, as they need a goal to PvP, but in the process, they're totally disgusting most newbies from PvPing.

As seen on this topic a few times, removing the death stat from everywhere, even the character sheet, would be a good start. It might lead to reckless behaviour to farm kills but I'd pick that over the over-recurring cowardness of the basic R10 DT/Guard/Ranger who just leaves the game when he's about to die. Without the D denominator, the K stat wouldn't be such an important thing, and I guess many people would stop wanking at it.

It is a good thing it is gone...at least as long as it was the only stat shown visible. Why?

Because in the past a lot of drama, mobbing and injustice can be traced back to people judging the SKILL of someone by k/d ratio, which is a completly invalid, stupid and irrelevant method.

Just two examples:
    A ratio of 10:1 could be achieved by very careful gameplay, being skilled, choosing only fights of "sure win", fighting with team support only, killing alts for kills only, fighting only in certain situations, abusing guards, teamplayer with support, someone playing a favoured class etc.

A ration of 1:10 on the other hand could be someone hated, someone farmed, someone with technical problems, someone with bad gear, someone with bad skill, someone playing suicide bomber, someone who does not care about kd, someone with bad luck, a teamplayer without support, etc.

Of course there are combinations with more drastic results in kd possible (again skill is rarely a factor there).

The only thing that can be deduced from K/d ratio is the ACTIVITY. And combined with pvp level it says something about "how" the person got these stats. Combined with other stats it might even be more useful, but as standalone stat i really could not miss it less.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th April 2013 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    Kills yes. Deaths no. That stat, as we have learned kinda destroy team play. Remove it from personal tab aswell imo. Its a pointless stat, that some seems to have a pointless pissing contest over, regardless of the outcome of pvp matches. Even now without the stat, people care about their k/d. Its tragic really.

But yes to flag scored, win/loss, left match equals loss etc.
    i agree with you completly.
    totaly removing death count would most likely encorage better teamplay behaviour in pvp.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Thats how TOR does it, only kills are counted ( altho kills are counted a bit different there) but no deaths not even for yourself are counted.

And I dont think I ever saw someone KD whoring in that game and the teamplay is by far better then in AOC.

Actualy the entire pvp system is by far better then in AOC =(

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast