Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

I don't agree with players that say the removal of KD in stats did nothing. Over time now I know many players don't think of deaths as badly anymore as they are not on display for everyone to see.

Yes, bad players will still be bad, and KD-whores will still be KD-whores, but some people have been affected in a good way, and it was a step in the right direction. Nothing turned worse.

Sarcopthes is spot on.
    Let us see Wins/Losses instead. Nothing bad will happen, expect maybe some excessive flagbotters trying to fight too hard for wins.
    Leaving a game should give a loss.

@Chass, why don't you ask your friend what their KDs are if you are so curious. If you don't believe them ask for screenshot. lol

I got suggestion!

What about to allow possibility to show KD ratio as well as option to hide it the same way how to hide gear...

It is win/win situation when some huge EGOs (and small dicks) would be satisfied as well as some new players will not be discouraged...

Why to allow it? Because of really some players needs the reason to PvP. For the same sake it would be great to have some more stats as was already said in this thread.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Sarcopthes is spot on.
    Let us see Wins/Losses instead. Nothing bad will happen, expect maybe some excessive flagbotters trying to fight too hard for wins.
    I think win/loss is not a bad stat. But giving a loss for leaving is a double edged sword. With the instability of AoC and minigames, you could wrack up 10 losses just from disconnects a day. I cant count how many times over the years mini games got messed up with a patch and you get removed or the game crashes. If they could differentiate between the two that would be cool but then you could abuse the system. /log when you dont like the team...

Like i said, kind of a double edged sword on counting leaves as a loss. Perhaps add a 3rd stat called Drops and all those could be calculated in that.

This way a habitual dropper will have an inflated number but someone who got victimised by the game will have a few drops but nowhere near the dropper.

Before YG went down you could see ranked k/d of players. You know who was #1 in the world: Onepapa.

I don't think it matters if you can see k/d or not. It would probably add to people calling one another bad more - or using it as an excuse to claim you are good (look my k/d is positive and I play a dps class I'm pro...). Honestly though, I don't really care about anyone's k/d. If we judge skill on that then Onepapa is the best aoc pvper in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Are you new here? The forums were filled with hundreds of ppl crying about it....

Random pvp 1 new players all the way up to the infamous Bolas.
    Players asked to REMOVE, not hide the death numbers.

Age of Conan needs for sure some PvP goals and motivations.

This game has an awesome Combat System and at the same time totally lacks (almost) any PvP goal and objective.
    For most players probably the only reason to play PvP is just to enjoy the wonderful and fun Combat System itself.

I have been playing a bit Guild Wars 2 recently.
    I have to say I don't like GW2 very much, but when you compare it to AoC, what immediately becomes evident is the total lack of PvP goals, objectives, structured events, etc in AoC.
    AoC is like a car with a powerful engine (its Combat System) and a terrible body and total lack of extras (even electric windows ).

This said, to publicly display players K/D is not the solution to game lack of PvP goals.

I have no problem to write my k/d on a forum or to answer to someone who asks me my k/d (I'm nab, wanna know?! ).
    I'm often curious about other players k/d too, that's why sometimes I have asked.
    But minigames are already full of people who don't play to win.
    Each map often looks like an arena full of people running around with no goal, if not that to random kill someone and avoid to die.
    To display K/D would accentuate this behaviour even more.

I have been thinking a lot about this problem, cause I'm sad a game with a so wonderful Combat System totally lacks goals to motivate people to keep playing.
    In my opinion, problem is not related to players, but to developers.
    Funcom should increase reward for winning minigames, release new and more attractive PvP gear (eventually also update existing gear) and link its availability to some PvP goal, create structured events with different PvP goals, etc.
    It would be good even just to display minigame win/loss stats, since those stats are related to the real minigame goal (victory, not k/d).

As a personal note, I mostly play Demo in PvP now cause I'm totally bored of existing problems related to lack of PvP goals.
    I mean this: when I play Demo, I always try to start with good motivation, but if people in my group totally ignore flag, totally ignore helping other players etc, I can just ignore them, and go around chasing kills.
    My first PvP char was Bear Shaman (level up to PvP 8 so far), and it's really frustrating to play a great healer and support class (actually more complex and rewarding than Demo imo) when no one totally cares to win the game.
    Should I heal those players who don't play to win?
    Should I support players who don't care at all to help each other CCing, chosing right targets to help group, etc?

It's so sad, cause this game looses a lot of fun related to its gameplay.
    How it would be fun if people focus CCs to help other players in difficulty, or go suicide to get focused and help flag carriers gain some meters to deliver flag? (thanks, there is still someone who does this, and I'm so positively surprised when I see it).
    This would add more deep to gameplay, and people should be rewarded for this.

K/D is a totally wrong stat to say if a player is good.
    Of course classes are totally different: what's the meaning to compare k/d of BS to Demo for example?
    Or compare k/d of a player which plays from 1.0 to one of a player who has been playing from 3.0? (with all the balance changes which came out through the time? Comboskipping removal, Age of Casters, etc etc..).
    Actually people could even farm K/D from friends etc. (an old friend did on my BS in beginning when I was fresh 80 in blue gear, I didn't know that arena existed and he farmed me dueling in Borderlands.. damn you Grave if you read this m8... needed months to recover that! ).

Please bring goals, not K/D.
    K/D is not the right one.

And one off-topic personal note: do something for cheaters.

Finally, also let's face the truth: Funcom could bring back K/D display, cause that is a 0 cost change.
    I doubt anyway that they have resources (money, people) to provide new PvP content.
    The only, really small last hope, is probably new Schwartzy movie coming next year, finger crossed...

This, +1
    Last edited by Calore; 18th April 2013 at 19:30.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

as i stated above, leaving a mini game and counting it as a loss is a bad idea.

a 3rd category for drops would be perfect. W/L/D.

@Chass, why don't you ask your friend what their KDs are if you are so curious. If you don't believe them ask for screenshot. lol
    Call me young, but I enjoy the small things such as laughing at how bad someone's k/d is even though I know bad players are always bad, cant mention names but... There has been a hox with an ibis, a guardian with level 9 pvp and a barb that has been funny to look at. Im not taking this too seriously though, if they re added it I would be happy but honestly its not game breaking in any manner, they have a lot of things to work on before doing something about this... It's just PVP right? BTW: I agree... gief mini game stats! My Conq: 84/19 CTS!!!

K/D ratio will only make things worse, nothing like people leaving mid game just because you're about to kill them.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Players asked to REMOVE, not hide the death numbers.
    In the US forums, there were many posts asking for it to be removed from game. Some of us asked it not to be removed, but simply hidden. I recall this because I was against it being hidden, and I have the worst k2d than anyone posting here. But my w/l is incredible. And by the way, I have 0 drops, hence my k2d being so bad.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast