Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

What? I just quoted what you've asked. Are you not sure that you're asking for more stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Snap
    The first link in your signature says enough about what your real motivation in "pvp" is, your fallacious arguments fool no one. Besides, you're just one of those wannabe forum badasses, and I reckon Joel and every other person in charge perfectly know that your kind is just to be ignored, because there's nothing constructive to get from you. So it's fine with me, go on with your diatribe against carebears. It's like we care .

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    The first link in your signature says enough about what your real motivation in "pvp" is, your fallacious arguments fool no one. Besides, you're just one of those wannabe forum badasses, and I reckon Joel and every other person in charge perfectly know that your kind is just to be ignored, because there's nothing constructive to get from you. So it's fine with me, go on with your diatribe against carebears. It's like we care .
    Looks like his motivation in pvp is pvp. I'd rather be on a team with killers that clear the path for me to get the flag than you.

And if someone is pad camping, well guess what, Funcom allows that. It's part of the mini game. There is so many ways to stop people from pad camping other than taking away K/D.

The people who want K/D gone are people with low compete level. It seems that that's the majority of AOC players now. The competitors already left.

The healers complaining just want their heals to be noticed. Don't have to take away k/d. Just add a heals stat.

If Funcom set it up such that you only got a k/d ratio from killing another player that actually gave you pvp points (i.e. within the eight or so level limit) then its fine. My issue was with people who camped out lowbies in Conarcht valley to pad their k/d ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If Funcom set it up such that you only got a k/d ratio from killing another player that actually gave you pvp points (i.e. within the eight or so level limit) then its fine. My issue was with people who camped out lowbies in Conarcht valley to pad their k/d ratios.
    To me, if pvp stats meant any advantage to the game, I would care. But at the end it has no impact at all other than each persons own perspective on the stat.

Why not add it back in. If you dont want to see it, dont look. I agree with anatu, I would like to see them as well. I pvp, and I really dont care much other than at the start of a mini, I would like to know who are the experienced ones, and who I should be focusing on. If I see a pvp 10 pom with a positive k2d, I know he is more of a dpser than a team player and healer, so I need to keep an eye for them... I could apply this to each class to give me some insite in to what to expect from the player.

I would love to see wins and loses as well. And if funcom could implement some sort of system like a fps like # of fatalities, # of TOS killed, and etc. It could add a whole element to it. Imagine a sin with a higher kill rate of rangers than Demos, that would be a cool stat to see.

They could even take it higher by adding pvp quests, like kill 100 demos and get a metal from Conan, where you would go to the palace and there would be some cut scene ceremony or something. Make those visible to other players like armor is now. Also give players the ability to turn the ability for others to view it on and off, like we can with armor. This way it addresses everyone, those that want it and those that dont.

Those that want stats - They are there at a click of a button.

Those that dont want stats - Turn their own off and dont click on the other players to see theirs.

With this approach, no one is forced to do anything, and gives an opportunity to add something to the PVP community that has been ignored for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    Looks like his motivation in pvp is pvp. I'd rather be on a team with killers that clear the path for me to get the flag than you.
    Check his first link and all will be clear. they rez camp other team and lost game in the end, and to loose like that is just lol. and no i dont like to be in team with players like that
    Last edited by Whalar; 6th June 2013 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Check his first link and all will be clear. they rez camp other team and lost game in the end, and to loose like that is just lol. and no i dont like to be in team with players like that
    This.

And to those people who seem to be suggesting that everything in game is working as intended: do you seriously think that Funcom put minigames objectives just to see a growing proportion of players not giving a rat's ass about them and rather farm on a rezpad or quit a game on purpose not to be farmed themselves? Be serious please. Such people's motivation is not PvP at all. Most times, you see those R10's focusing the lowest link in the opposing team, farming him over and over, for the whole duration of the match. This is as much PvP as if I decided to get into the local kindergarten and beat the crap out of the skinniest kid there, for a whole 30 minutes, just to pump my K/D.

So that's what you say PvP is about? Yeah right. So yeah, I have no problem being insulted by that kind of imbeciles (belonging to my very team) as I flag twice to end the match. And I'll make sure to do that every single time I'm able to, just to stop the nonsense. Because what I want in PvP is resistance and competition, not free kills I could just as well buy on the item shop (hint to FC there, you an expect a whole lot of money from this ). And I'm being told I'm a weakling or a carebear? If that's weakness, what do you call the fact of being compelled to focus and farm lowbies (and quit a game to avoid being killed) just to increase a figure on a database? Courage? Skill? Badassness? Heh.
    Last edited by Janroocas; 6th June 2013 at 18:09.

the need to fully remove kd, even from your tab. also there should be no scores given at the end of the mini, all players shoudl get a well played medal like in the special olympics.

also, you should not be allowed to move in combat, and it should be turn based like in final fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    So that's what you say PvP is about? Yeah right. So yeah, I have no problem being insulted by that kind of imbeciles (belonging to my very team) as I flag twice to end the match. And I'll make sure to do that every single time I'm able to, just to stop the nonsense. Because what I want in PvP is resistance and competition, not free kills I could just as well buy on the item shop (hint to FC there, you an expect a whole lot of money from this ). And I'm being told I'm a weakling or a carebear? If that's weakness, what do you call the fact of being compelled to focus and farm lowbies (and quit a game to avoid being killed) just to increase a figure on a database? Courage? Skill? Badassness? Heh.
    I find this paragraph interesting because your point, as I read it, is that you want competition, you want to push and get pushed and keep playing to improve. I dont know if there can be a connection between k2d stats and pad campers. Simply put, people like Grey mouser didnt care about his k2d, yet he sat on every pad and never did anything, regardless of his players winning or losing.

Also, honestly, I only see, on use set and tyrany, 1 out of 10 matches where someone sits. And I have to imagine that one of those every 5 or so is because of some reasonlike pizza arrived and they ran to get it, or their gf/wife called them or walked in the room and they quickly minimized their screen or shut their monitor off trying to get them out of the room.

So I dont think its as big a problem as others make it. My frustration usually comes from my side getting pushed right away and then my team sitting in stead of trying to regroup and improve. This has nothing to do with stats. I just dont see how stats influences anyone, but I hear many saying it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    I didn't notice his team lost that match, that is kinda sad. But taking away K/D won't change that. There has to be another way to stop people from pad camping. The whole population and game shouldn't suffer because of a few idiots pad camping for 18 minutes. Usually it's 1-2 players pad camping while the rest just watch and slowly leave one by one. The worst is when the one pad camping is the one holding the flag lol

Most of the time though when a team get's beat into their rez the other team just finishes the match. The other night we just had a series of 1vs1's, no one trying to pad camp.