Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Default Bring Back Kills/Death stats!

Bring back Kills/Death stats when you right click on a player.

Funcom removed this, to help combat PvP KD whores. It didn't help, people still care about there KD, I do of course, people will still play the same.
    Last edited by Nudded; 19th April 2013 at 08:34.

Why so you encourage k/d who...g game play? It exist even now when they dont show.
    I would rather to se some statistic around mini game wins, flags carried and similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Why so you encourage k/d who...g game play? It exist even now when they dont show.
    I would rather to se some statistic around mini game wins, flags carried and similar.
    I want to see heal stats and saves. I am the reason you even got a kill.

Why not !

Bring back K/D stats for outside mini fights, and create Win/loose/leave stats.

In mini K/D ratio does not mean too much. You can have a very good heal playing either as a dd (why not), or a healer. Both of them should show good stats. If not, then say goodbye to heal...

Many other classes, besides healers, are in the same situation. Rangers can use their cc for their team, or to help them escape. Both solutions are okay, but both them should be rewarded if played well. So stats in mini are not meaningless, but not far from it.

K/D is just a stat, along with many others. If it is brought back, why not, but not alone !

Just a HoX idea

And to avoid any confusion, I have 22k+ kills, and 24k+ deaths.

EDIT : Out of scope discussion : Do not touch HoX, best class ever.
    Last edited by Kehlar; 17th April 2013 at 19:57.

Actually, bring back public kills, but remove "deaths" stats completely, even from private character sheet.

And add other meaningful and fun stats, of course.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

only viable stat when pvp is all about minigames is win/lost=left stat.
    if you heal wise - you will win more, if you kill well you will win more, if you focus fc - you will win more, if you are good flagcarrier etc blablabla

every other stat is just unnatural fiction which doesnt show anything - healers will rather heal 5 players on low hp than fc who is surrounded by enemy, k/d whores will k/d whore, ccers will just use cc's without purpose....

eventually as in the professional sport - it doesnt matter what are your stats if because of you- your team loses - either you are loser or winner, and in aoc bad players =stat whores wont have a coach to replace them - so no reason to reward them for bad teamplay.

minigame win/lost=lef for the only stat needed atm

Quote Originally Posted by Nudded View Post
    Bring back Kills/Death stats when you right click on a player.
    Perhaps make this a little more constructive?

Why you want it back, pros and cons. That sort of stuff
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

I'm all for K/D being brought back. I should not be the only person enjoying my current K/D of 48,097 Kills 13,875 Deaths, it's for all of you to share as well.

Seeing K/D always livened up global and tells, and kept the game exciting. Not exactly everyone's kind of fun, but I enjoy it...

But not everyone has something to brag about and the population hangs by a thread some days so better leave pre 3.0 AoC where it belongs...in the past. Only a handful of long-lived vets are around from that time anyways. Showing some of the newer player's KD would cause more rage and quitting than it's worth prolly.
    Last edited by Suctum; 17th April 2013 at 22:12.
    Doomsayer 2008

KDR still isn't a good way to indicate a players skill.

You don't know how they achieved their KDR, just because you have a high KDR doesn't make you good in mini games either, you may be an excellent dueler but when it comes to group play you're just average.

Win/Loss/Left would make much more sense to show and would be helpful combined with KDR but still unless you know who the person is playing the toon it's still not a guarantee until you see them playing that they are good or not.

currently a lot of players go to minis to get kills only (AKA k/d-whore) and unbalancing the rest of the team play where players are trying to win the game for at least quest completion and receive tokens for pvp gear...
    with the k/d around, that will even get worse...

a good system would something described already here where it would show points from capturing flags, healings done, etc, stuff from a team point of view...but on the other hand if k/d should be available, it would only be for open world kills or solo kills, but never in group, a kill while in group is never a solo kill just cause you dps more a target. dont forget that in team, the are buffs to increase a lot of things, and without those, a solo kill or 1vs1 its different in many aspects (those should be the k/d ratio only IMO)

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast