Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we financially supporting TSW or AOC

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    It's with near 99% certainty..that the fate of this game and it's future development all rests upon the success of the new Lego minifigures MMO. Just hope and pray its a big hit!
    that makes no sense at all. people said that about TSW and nothing happened with aoc. the live team and the resources the company has in NC has nothing to do with what goes on with lego.

how does anything from a mobile game for andriod/windows mobile platform have to do with a pc based game?

money or revenue does not magically create resources for a dev team unless it includes tons of new hires. there is no cross over from a mobile to a pc game when it comes to the resources used.

if aoc got no benefit from tsw, how can you even think that it would from lego? what part of funcom posting over and over that the company has been restructured and going in new direction did you miss?

honestly i don't understand how you have not been banned from the forums with the threads you create and lack of any basic gaming knowledge that you post.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by Hollastar View Post
    Omg lego MMO. Wtf i just googled this and i cant beleive its true lol. If thats the case ill stay F2P.
    I'd base the decision more on whether you enjoy the F2P or sub model more. I couldn't play the game and enjoy it F2P with the limit on raids and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NavinRJohnson View Post
    I'd base the decision more on whether you enjoy the F2P or sub model more. I couldn't play the game and enjoy it F2P with the limit on raids and other stuff.
    I think eventually I will go premium just for the xtras, just feel that Funcom have an amazing game here and their time should be dedicated to developing AOC more rather designing a silly Lego MMO. But i guess if all the old crew that were passionate about AOC have gone then theres not much to expect in future.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 15th April 2013 at 15:25.

Tele Tubbies.
    We have one, or at least for its audience. Its called WoW

Edit...

I will add to the discussion by saying that unless you go premium you simply haven't played the game. You have a LOT of content to get through before you can say that it isn't worth paying for. Three years, i still haven't done everything here. And i have played.... a lot.
    Last edited by Scythie; 15th April 2013 at 15:27.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    that makes no sense at all. people said that about TSW and nothing happened with aoc.

Exactly. If tsw had been a gold mine, a lot would have been done with AoC.

I think eventually I will go premium just for the xtras, just feel that Funcom have an amazing game here and their time should be dedicated to developing AOC more rather designing a silly Lego MMO. But i guess if all the old crew that were passionate about AOC have gone then theres not much to expect in future.
    As Scythie said, there's plenty of great content here for you as a new player, so you should absolutely go ahead and subscribe. Remember that the forum QQ about Funcom's slow development cycle is coming from users who have played the game for years - and if you want some street cred as a disgruntled forum QQer, you should do the same
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Omg lego MMO. Wtf i just googled this and i cant beleive its true lol. If thats the case ill stay F2P.
    Awesome idea. Please buy lots of stuff from the shop please. If you want to stay FTP since FC "might" pull some funds over from AOC and TSW for the lego game for which there is no indication whatsoever, please do so. As a matter of fact why don´t you try to convince more people to go ftp as well. This way FC will have might not have enough money for the Lego MMO. On the downside they won`t have enough for TSW and AOC as well...

This question is stupid. This is a stupid thread. You're not supporting anything. You're paying money for an MMO game because you want to play it and it's not free, what happens to that money afterwards is not your concern. When's the last time you questioned a taxi driver or a store owner about their intentions about the money you gave them?

They can sell this game to Blizzard who remakes WoW in dreamworld engine tomorrow if they want and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Thinking about it is pointless, whining about it is dumb.

I am also now dumber for having participated in this stupidity.

As Joel Bylos said in his February Game Director's Letter:

As most of you know by now, Funcom has established a joint, centralized team of experienced developers who have been tasked with supporting, enhancing and expanding all three live games. That means we have a shared pool of design creativity and technical know-how that each game can benefit from, and having the live team working on site at our Durham office – which also holds our community, quality assurance and customer service teams – is a huge plus.
    All three games, AO, TSW, and AoC have the same development team now. TSW and AoC both share the dreamworld technology, so what can be done in TSW can also be done in AoC and vice versa. Joel has said as much in several different interviews.

Another way of looking at it is that we pay for TSW content and TSW players pay for AoC content since it's all the same skeleton holding the two games together.

This being said, I am going to shut this thread down, because it is going nowhere and certainly isn't constructive.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12