Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Easiest classes to play..

We were looking at pve only.

Thanks

Ive lvled up nearly all classes to 39 an 2 80s. Id say they are all easy to play, just vary a little bit in mastering them. Also it depends on your reaction times and thinking. If your too slow they will all be hard to play in PVP. Ah sorry just see this is for PVE. If thats case they are all easy peasy.

Subjective.

The easiest:
    PvP and PvE: Herald of Xotli.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Leveling guardian is like playing game with halved framerate
    From my side, I would say Demo or ToS, those 2 were easiest and fastest to level for me and both are quite easy to play.
    Last edited by nedbee; 15th April 2013 at 07:47.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

You have selected Priest of Mitra as your class here in the forum. Excellent choice. It is my latest level 80 (the 13th) toon and i have just done my first hard modes.

At first i really didn't like it all that much, but now i have grown to enjoy it a lot! Surviveability and pure dps burst party tricks is great. Firing of Holy Cleansing and watch things melt is excellent

Other than that all classes have their flavor and it is really what you want to do in the game that should determine what class you should choose.

You will do substantial damage on all healer classes but the three have distincly different flavors:

Priest of Mitra, as i described it above.

Bear shaman is a frontline healer with a big hammer. Great dpser in the right hands. Lots of buffs and micro management making it a very active class.

Tempest of Set fires lightning and thunder bolts at the enemies while grudgingly accepts the task of sharing some blessings from Set to the rest of the team because it gives more time to kill more enemies. To me personally it isn't as active as the others but it deals a lot of aoe damage and some instances require a ToS to finish it.

Rogues:
    Assassins: My main is an assassin and i love the play style, but levelling it was frankly a pain sometimes. I did it when i was new to the game and hence i didn't know which mobs to attack and got swarmed a LOT. At low levels the assassin is as squishy as a fistfull of whipped cream. Unless you make for single targets when you will shine. Fights are over in three seconds, you win... or you resurrect and run back...

Rangers and Barbarians are my two least favorite classes tbh. I just never fell in love with them. A barb has its cc abilities using a 2 hander, but other than that... everything a dual wield barbarian can do these days, a dual wield conqueror can do better.

Soldiers:
    Conqueror was my first character and for a long time i let it sit there at 80 while i was off backstabbing. Today it is one of my most played toons. I have a blast with Scythie and seamlessly going between pure DPS and sturdy tank is a lot of fun. As a tank you need to be a bit on your toes as you don't mitigate as well as a Guardian or regenerate health as well as the Dark Templars, but you have hands down the best protective bubbles in the game at your disposal.

Guardians will soak up a rediculous amount of damamge. As others have said here in the thread i suggest going with a polearm while levelling but learn to play sword an board because it is the better group tank. More aggro utilities and crowd controls make it more useful.

The Dark Templar is a very different beast. Leechin mana and health back from the enemies. Relies of heavyily on gear and on a level 80 730 hour time trained perk called Void of madness to really shine. BUt it is fun to play and there are a lot going on with it.

Mages:
    HoX... what can i say. Fire and a big big sword. Can't go wrong with that! Oh and you turn yourself to a demon as well. Fun to play hard to be great at. But great HoXes are never out of work...

Demo. Well you blow stuff up. You burn things down. You cook, barbecue and roast things to your hearts content... and Sets content i think. It is on the surface an easy class to get a grip on. BUt the difference between a player that facerolls and a player that actually can play the class substantial to say the least.

Necro. There are a lot of things going on here. PLay with pets or without pets. Mage pets, melee pets. What pets to use where against what boss and so on. You bring your own tank along so the mobs will focus on that instead of you so you can kill it easily. Fun!

There you have my very subjective views on the classes. I am sure people disagree with some things. BUt that is really what is cool about the classes in this game, none are one trick ponies really. Well except assassins.. they backstab... and die... a lot.

Pick something fun!
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    I don't agree. I like the look of the game and just find it interesting and different. Combos are just something else that is different but not everyone is great at playing a combo class. I'm pretty sure there are a lot here who just like the lore and play this MMO to RP.
    I think cins meant that playing casters in AoC is like playing most MMOs - single-button spamming.

Melee in AoC is not only pressing more buttons to make combos. It's also movement and directional shields (keeping enemy close, flanking/backstabbing), collisions (being blocked by other players) and melee fatalities (important part of the game visual appeal).

If you haven't played (at least a bit) a melee class in AoC, you haven't really played AoC

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post

Bear shaman is a frontline healer with a big hammer. Great dpser in the right hands. Lots of buffs and micro management making it a very active class.
    I do not agree here. For PVP indeed it's really nice and requires often lot of micromanagement. In PVE (especially raids) though I find it quite boring after you find your rotation, especially when you don't even have to use CA as others class like for example conq debuff bosses faster :-)
    Last edited by nedbee; 15th April 2013 at 09:28.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    I do not agree here. For PVP indeed it's really nice and requires often lot of micromanagement. In PVE (especially raids) though I find it quite boring after you find your rotation, especially when you don't even have to use CA as others class like for example conq debuff bosses faster :-)
    But how many hours have you spent as BS? This is a thread for newcomers

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    ...melee fatalities (important part of the game visual appeal).
    not only visual, whenever you fatality someone you get 100% evade/immunity while doing the animation, and if you have heal buffs on you, you get healed a lot on those few seconds or at least enough to run away and avoid death

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    not only visual, whenever you fatality someone you get 100% evade/immunity while doing the animation, and if you have heal buffs on you, you get healed a lot on those few seconds or at least enough to run away and avoid death
    Casters also get fatalities (though they work a bit different - hard to tell which is better), so I focused on the appeal

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast