Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Easiest classes to play..

Least micro managing, solo pve not pvp, and not horribly boring or they won't stick with the game. I have no idea how well she will do with combos..

Guardian is really boring? Can you dps very well with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    Least micro managing, solo pve not pvp, and not horribly boring or they won't stick with the game. I have no idea how well she will do with combos..

Guardian is really boring? Can you dps very well with it?
    If by dps you mean topping the charts in raids then I can't say. Since I only ever done pvp with a Guardian. Which is easy mode and not hard to do great damage.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

No, not topping dps in raids. When you solo does it take you a long time to get through mobs?

No it's not that bad if you play with a polearm and go frenzy. However because guard lacks self healing you'll have to use your bubble (5 minutes CD with the AA maxed) and to take a break after a big pull :P You can of course stay in def stance too but then it's really slow even though you won't need breaks. The best way is to be in def stance most of the time and only go frenzy against a small pack of mobs or when they are cc'd/your bubble is up. Stance dancing, just like in PvP.

IMO guard is the easiest melee cos with the polearm reach it's super easy to land combos and the mechanics are ultra simple. Barb isn't very complicated either but relies on CCs & movement (even in pve) so it's IMO a lot more engaging (you also have to manage your blood rage stacks to heal yourself).

I heartily recommend Barb, BS (*IMO*, the most engaging at 80 but early on it's not that much fun) and HoX (very fun early on, and cool mage/melee hybrid).
    Last edited by kalston; 12th April 2013 at 19:36.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Anwen View Post
    No, not topping dps in raids. When you solo does it take you a long time to get through mobs?
    Not at all. Polearm spec guardian easy easy to mow down mobs with.
    I had no issues solo lvling with Guardian.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Guard has the lowest damage in the game. He can dish out some damage, but for a short time. Even when you know how to play well, you will be leveling slower than any other class.

Conqueror has simple mechanics, but can deal both good damage and is very tough. Dark Templar is more tricky to play, but can deal even more damage while being a bit more squishy (only in the beginning).

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    OP asked for easiest class to play and ya'll pick Bear Shaman and HoX? I have to disagree with you there.

Demo is an easy class. No combos and you attack at ranged.

Ranger is an easy class. Hit one directional then ability and do a lot of damage.
    I don't know, I suppose it's just a matter of opinion, but I don't really agree. A demo can be very squishy and you can still time easily when leveling and not really mastering the class. Dying when leveling a bear chaman, on the other hand, is a real challenge. You have plenty of thing which can make the gameplay very intersting, but even if you don't use them, you probably be ok anyway.

Hell, even without using visions(even without manifestions, actually), it's hard to die when solo-leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Guard has the lowest damage in the game. He can dish out some damage, but for a short time. Even when you know how to play well, you will be leveling slower than any other class.

Conqueror has simple mechanics, but can deal both good damage and is very tough. Dark Templar is more tricky to play, but can deal even more damage while being a bit more squishy (only in the beginning).
    I really disagree on conq being simple while DT is tricky to play. I find brute conq to be much more involved than DT.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I really disagree on conq being simple while DT is tricky to play. I find brute conq to be much more involved than DT.
    I was talking about the start of the game.

...but I still think Conq is less complex overall (which doesn't mean it's easier to play).

Easiest:

3. Guardian - not a lot of tricks, hard to be killed

2. Ranger - no combos, ranged attacks, great for beginners

1. Demonologist - no combos, ranged attacks, good dps, roll face on keyboard and watch things die from a distance

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast