Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rare tokens

^ You don't need to buy all items from factions - I raided T4 still with blue accessories from quests. It's all about meeting specific stats requirements, not about having the best gear possible.

Some armour and maybe a weapon is all you need at the beginning. The rest you can drop or slowly gather tokens.

I know, this is covered by the "luck" part in my post. Still, compare this to the amount of time, fun and drama invested, if you had chosen to get a similar armor through rare tokens only. And t4 raiding or even regular KK runs are not available to everyone (especially not those chars really needing the rare tokens).

Token systems are good to let players choose and customize the things they want...in a reasonable time. Sure, lucky drops or farmploiting will be faster, but again...just compare the speeds for the different player types:
    I think the difference from 0 rare per day (if you mainly do pvp or faction quests or just old world) compared via 1-6 rares per day (if you do one solo instance and one or two group instance) to 20-40 (or more) rares per day (if you do KK runs, HoC, Amphi and the occasional solo farm) is a bit steep (assumed around 4h/day gametime). Or in other words, you now only get enough rares in a reasonable time, if you completely focus on getting them, which for certain is not everyones cup of tea and far from "getting them just by playing". This might work for main chars to motivate and get a feeling of "achievement" when you finally get the thing you want, but for alts the "replay" factor of a grind based system is simply too low, imo.

I think you should get a few rares by rising in the factions already. Maybe some more repeatable and SHAREABLE faction quests in the group instances can help with that, too (at the moment they are one timers only, as far as i know).
    I am not saying the progression in general to get rare tokens should be faster (which would mean more tokens per boss and time invested or reduced prices), just more balanced, so every char at 80 has a chance in a lifetime to get some pieces that need rare tokens to buy, just as long as that char spends enough time in game actively.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th April 2013 at 10:04.

Your best bet to get more rare tokens is to get a 5 man group together and do House of Crom boss farming for a few hours. Each boss drops a rare and there alot of bosses in there which respawn fast.

I managed to get my last 2 khitai faction pieces quite fast doing this.

I think the solution is to add more dungeons with CoolDown timer, Amphi is one of the most rewarding dungeons in the game, but without the cooldown timer it would only reward a little better than The Breach basicly.

I would like to see them play more around with the cooldown timer on the new unchained old world dungeons.

For example, what if we had a dungeon at similar difficulty level as Flame/Vortex but with 20h cooldown? That should allow it to reward lots more tokens, say 15 for a full run, and better gear than you can get in Flame/vortex.

Then again I would like to see a dungeon as hard as Wyrm, but requires both Tanks to have Critigation Protection gear as well as physical ofcourse, and with a 72 hour cooldown that should allow them to increase the itembudget "through the roof", and make the dungeon popular with the vets even if you can only do it twice a week on each char.

EASY WAY for FunCom
    FunCom should just add a Rare Token to all Old World Instances (Lv 73+) and another rare to roll for party.
    It would be some benefit to players who do Atzels, or help new players. One rare for a 30 min run isn't nothing special - but always +1 token to the bag.

HARD WAY for FunCom
    Add Unchained solo/group versions of the old worlds instances for a more rare token benefit + new gear/social/etc.
    Or just make them stronger, scale them to Lv 85, and don't bother about new tactics. just give Us something new to farm, Khitai is boring as hell after years - especially when you roll another, character...

is it really a shame, that such great dungeons in the old world aren't visited more than once by players, FunCom you have so many great designed dungeons out there, just scale them to end-game Lv and many players will be happy to hunt Akivasha again

For sure it is far more less devtime cost to revamp what you already have, than create a new dungeon from the beginning(that for sure will be bugged for months, and will be visited only by small group of T4 geared players)
    Last edited by LordCaim; 10th April 2013 at 10:27.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

They already announced plans to unchain three places some time ago (Scorpion Cave and maybe Black Castle, or perhaps Karutonia was the first of those, don't remember). While this might have gone down the drain with layoffs, someone has definitely done some work on this (or they wouldn't even have mentioned it) and presumably it's going to happen someday.

What they could do to set up this "balance" thing you're all going on about is adding offline grinding that'll give your 80 toons a token per X hours, making it mirror AA gain. Then they could normalize tokens and xp from dungeons by using the offline gains as a baseline. So if 1 AA point is worth 18 hours and 1 rare is worth X hours, then completing Flame HM should be equal to N hours of offlining and give whatever number of tokens and xp that entails with a x hour lockout, while completing Refuge of the Apostate would equal 2N hours and then and then and then...
    As a result all 5 staff left at FC drowns in formulas and spreadsheets to balance all this jazz but in a few years it'll all be fair and square.
    Last edited by cins; 10th April 2013 at 11:15.

I am not sure, if i like that offline token idea...for me it would be enough if they manage to make like 1 hour KK hardcore grind time equal 4 hours of casual solo and group mix time by a conversion ratio of other tokens (Bori, conquest, MoA, esteem, raid tokens, maybe even "gold"). More variety and options is needed to get rares, not necessarily the speed.

But the offline thing would help for sure getting alts geared or if you make it premium only, give another reason to sub and pay, even if you don't play much (though i fear not everyone will like this...allowing people to get hard earned stuff just by paying over time).

The nice thing with all these formalas and spreadsheets is, that you don't need all the 5 people and they don't even need a computer for that. You already have enough comparison variables to set up something purely on paper over one weekend instead of years.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th April 2013 at 12:30.

Maybe if they make that offline token an universal currency you could convert in all kinds of tokens?
    THen this kind could also be converted into...e.g. a raider could convert t1 tokens into that new token as well as a bori player could convert conquest tokens. I mean, conversion should not be one way only. Maybe even make this token not charbound, but accountbound?

In general, I can get like 20 tokens in 1 hour on average. That really isn't the problem... the real problem is getting gold. Unless you get a lucky shard drop., its the one resource that keeps people from buying their helmet/chest etc...

khitai in general is very tedious when I remember grinding it feels like work and I don't look forward to it. The instances however are without equal in the game, raids aren't bad also. Its the time waster for gold/rep/moas that gets ya.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast