Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T0 Dungeon Armor Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Me too, even though a wise move would be to get rid of (or limit greatly) the "rare boss" mechanic that can be very frustrating (yet it conveyed some sort of "sense of achievement" that I would miss when I finally completed that Warglory set a few months ago ^^).

I heard there were some hidden mechanics that were never implemented (or quickly removed) to spawn some extra bosses : would be nice to see such mechanics reintroduced.
    Onyx already is interesting enough. It just lacks the "chambers" atm, the sewer design is fine. And as said, the respawn and resspad logistic is plainly awful.
    Rare bosses could be linked to items that summon them. Those items could drop randomly.
    Hard modes can be triggered by different items or combinations...the "gates" inside onyx even offer for links to badass other dimensional fights...
    Also it can serve as a hub (sewers after all) passage to black ring non raid instances or another stygian themed scaling instance.
    Oh...and open up Hakar-Teps Den of Perversions to all independant of quest, please. The basic idea of instances in an instance is good, but that quest dependancy spoils everything.

Onyx needs a huge amount of work to make it actually interesting. If there's a single place in all of AoC that must get unchained, it's Onyx.

I heard there were some hidden mechanics that were never implemented (or quickly removed) to spawn some extra bosses : would be nice to see such mechanics reintroduced.
    Those mechanics were there and worked just fine until they were (partly) removed in update 1.03. (More details here.)

I'd pay money to have the skyshear set as vanity tbh

The Goremonger set, with the exception of the helm, in my opinion is the best looking set of barbarian gear in the game. Even with scouting and resetting instances to get the bosses I needed it took quite some time to get the whole set. It was worth it to me, but I am not sure I would go through it again for another character. On the one hand it's nice to know not a lot of other barbarians are running around in the same vanity gear, but it's also a shame that these sets are more effort than many will think worth it.

ha. ha ha. hahaha. ha ha ha ha.

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously.
    T1 raid items i mean. Not T4 ofc

Faster to get full T1 than full T0 with this rares boss spawns in Onyx...............

Quote Originally Posted by Anshat View Post
    T1 raid items i mean. Not T4 ofc

Faster to get full T1 than full T0 with this rares boss spawns in Onyx...............
    Well, you need a raid (or at least several groups) with some sort of strat to get even T1 gear. You don't even need a full group, and just kill tank and spank bosses to get Onyx gear. Onyx bosses have more specific loot tables and smaller group also means you're less likely to lose the roll.

Of course if you don't know which boss drops what and maybe how to reset the instance to get a new set of rare spawns in Onyx, it becomes more... tedious. But for me "time-consuming" is not the same thing as "difficult".

Anyway, I get it that the difference between "super-easy" and "super super ultra easy" is not relevant anymore.

If anything, indeed remove the rare spawn mechanic but add some tactics to each boss.
    Last edited by Ieronon; 31st August 2013 at 08:50.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Please sticky this again.

To the OP who copied the list form the old forum, you should think about also copying this to the free to play section as these instances can be accessed by f2p.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123