Thread: Hi!

Default Hi!

Im a former player ready to come back to AoC. I dont remember anything about the game, so everything is going to be a new experience haha.As soon as I get my tech problems resolved, I will be right back into the mix of things. Im pumped!

Welcome to the game. Not sure when you left, but quite a few things have changed in game. Some things to note are.

T1 = Game was released with this content.
    T2 = Released a long time back. I believe 1.05 patch ish.
    T3 = Released a few years ago. People rarely pug this, but some guilds do.
    T3.5 = Only a couple guilds do this. Hardest of the raids!
    T4 = About 6-8 guilds do T4. 2nd hardest raid zones, but gives the best gear possable.

All 6 man zones from the old days are still around. No one really does them. Some recipe farmers go in their just to jack around. With the coming craft revamp, everyone is on edge of what to do.

Khatia, is the expansion released about 3 years back. Great expansion, alot to do. Some say a grind fest but it's been improved quite a bit. The gear from the factions is on par with T3.5, and just a smidge less than that of T4. It's all dependent on the class, and the faction gear for the difference of gear comparison to T4.

Turan, Released with the conan movie about 2 years ago or what ever. It holds the T3.5 zone, along with a 6 man zone and some quests. It also holds a solo dugeon that bosts a nice amount of rares for as quick as you can get it. 24 hour refresh

HOC, Released about a year ago. Very nice content! Especially geared for new toons to rack of rares fast, along with nice AA xp. Requires little to no experiance, and little to no AA's. Probably the best place to start off your experiance for your new toon. Also boasts nice blue gear for drops. But, the gear is targeted towards dps, and not much survivability. Also has the best "purp" capes in the game for 6 man dugeons. T4 are better, but thats a bit harder to obtain.

AMP hard mode, Another fairly easy 6 man zone. Pretty much the same as amp at a lower level. Gives decent rewards, like purp weapons, and a purp protection ring "BOE" btw. Also some of the blue rings and necklaces are decent aswell.

The newest exp, is the one I'm the least familiar with. I wasn't really that impressed with the new zone to be honest. The exp gives a 6 man dungeon "decent" but again, I wasn't all that impressed when I did it. Also, I didn't give it a true go. I would suggest you to try it out yourself, before I taint your opinion.

All in all, you have alot to learn, the game has improved alot and gained alot of content for you to explore. Quite a few guilds to choose from too. Everything from T1 raiding guilds who try, to T2-3 raiding guilds to want to improve, and T3.5-T4 raiding guilds who are kinda elite, some with friendly faces to new comers, and some who aren't.

All said, you will find a home somewhere. And good luck!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

you could try to create a new character in Rage server. Open pvp, no guards and pvp loot. give it a go.

Its a fresh server compared to crom and fury. so there is not many people going around with end game gear.

It's very active anyway and raiding is picking up for few guilds here on the server. We hope to keep the progress and the activity so new people can get into the action.

Low level pvp also is frequent as part of the fresh players is new to the game and therefore is not jumping power leveling to 80.

come and join us.

Thank you for the replies! As soon as the update manager starta working for me I will be back in the fray asap. I used to play as an HoX, but I think I may change it up.

The hox is about to get a revamp soon. "Supposedly!"

I would suggest rolling a different toon for the time being, and then coming to the hox "post revamp" on a fresh start. Everyone will sort of being starting over at that point anyway.

All the class's "pve" wise are pretty equal and strong. Each have a strong point about them, but all are fun to play. I'm not much into casters though, but to each their own. "Hox excluded, it's melee still imo"
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

No way. Hox is best class, there's no reason to not play hox.

Pick HoX and pray that it will never be revamped like ranger, conqueror, etc.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Hox is a real good pug class btw :0 ton of fun in today's aoc

Can someone tell the OP the pvp changes? Like y'know, the guards which protect pvers. This is a fantastic change, decreases ur chances of getting banned for harassment. There's also the added pvp lvls with some nice (op) gear. They also added a new minimap