Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Player Guide: Choosing a Guild.

Default New Player Guide: Choosing a Guild.

This is going to be a compilation of guilds on US Set server that I have gauged in terms of new person friendliness and helpfulness.

The Epic Guard: Friendly people and ultra smooth T4 runs but ultimately NOT new people friendly. They don't bill themselves as much anyhow so its fine. End game guild. Slightly elitist.

Legacy: Great guild, friendly people, and been around for a while now. They have some vet players that have wide raid knowledge from T1-T3. But they also have a lot of new players. A very good "permanent" guild that'll be great for someone that just hit 80 and for people who are topping off their characters.

Social Rejects(was Acolytes): Its a toss up with this group. Again each guild has great people/teachers and some not so great. I would put these guys more toward end game guild although I've been on t1s they hosted... but even the commentary over vent over "T1 crap" suggested they are a bit elitist. If you're new new, I would avoid this guild.

The Walking Dead: Yes... very BIG guild. They used to be one of the most "elite" of the guilds until they lost many of their "elite" players to TEG. They do everything from T1 to T3, all their runs are smooth and people are friendly...they still seem to have trouble with W2 and Chatha especially...but W2 is probably harder then most of T3 if you have a lot of new people.
    I have not seen them do T3 upper yet. Good new player guild up to mid level... you'll certainly have an army of guild mates to call upon if you join.

Obsidian Dragons: They are reasonably friendly and I have run a few T3's with them, overall I think this huildbis more tight knit.. at least that's the feeling I get from them. Good guild, but are they recruiting?

KUSH: This guild has some of the most fun and colorful people in the game. I join purely for the vent lols..its worth it alone.Although the raids themselves are relatively sub par (at least the PUGs). They run everything from T1-T3 and I think their main raids can do Thoth, although I have not been on one. Overall, a good new player friendly guild where the guild personalities are top notch. They have some vets that can be elitist especially to people who don't have basic understanding of the raids.

Shadowdancer: Wow, an ancient guild with the original guild leader still active. Excellent PUG raids (although I've been denied once because I told them I've never tanked Stinky...just to gauge reaction). Overall, a mix of everything. New people/vets, t1/t2/t3. Good quality "permanent" guild.

Prophets: I have to admit they've probably got some of the more "top" vet players...but they are all foreign. Most speak good English, some speak the Queen's English so it can be a bit daunting over game FX and a bad vent ping. They would be considered elitist and I've run with one PUG wherein there was an assumption that you should know what to do and when. If you're new, avoid. Overall, if you're more mid cap and want to do some 3.5 raids, join.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 7th April 2013 at 21:22.

This thread is going to be epic. I hope the mods don't delete.

Wouldn't your opinion have been better in the new guild section, located here?:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191

LOL, This is going to be epic in terms of responses.

Friendly guilds that know what they are doing. I would only suggest going to a couple in terms of learning your class's etc.

Mistic Wolves, = Great people, and always always helpful. They do higher end raiding aswell "T4/T3", only draw back is the time of which they raid.

Prophets, = Great guild to be a part of. They recruit new players. A great bunch of people, who also do higher end raiding.

Immortal Souls, = Not sure how they recruit anymore. High end raiding guild. Not sure how they treat new players. Look at guild website.

Rogue Angles, = Higher end raiding guild, "GL and me don't get along at all" so my opinons are biased. But, a good raiding guild over all.

TEG (The Epic Guard), = High end raiding guild, have to know your **** to get in. And a non douchebag type behavior. I lke them because they do seem a bit elitest.

Req Nex, = Seem to know their ****. I don't know much about them. They do T4 etc.

Acolytes/ what ever they are named now, = Again, seem to know their ****. They do T4.

Obsidian Dragon, = Good bunch of people, I wouldnt consider an elite guild. But the intentions of progression are their. They recruit nice people, and try to help as much as they can. They do raids consistantly.

Walking Dead, = Always had alot of players, always did t2/t3 raids. Always recruited it seems.

Shadowdancer, = Always raiding T2, and T3. I think they may be in T4, not sure on that. Some solid players, some average. Never really been a part of their raid force, so who knows.

KUSH, = They pug t3, nice people. Same as shadowdancer for the most part.

Their are a few other small guilds about the server, some raid t2/t1 raids etc. Some may be closed to pug raids who knows. But over all you don't need to be elitests to succeed in this game. The games population considers playing decent now adays to be considered among the elite. Meaning, on the U.S. side of the house simply not being retarted goes a long way.

I suggest reading the forums, talking to people during raids who out perform you, and not looking at the heal parse as an idea of if your good or not. "It's situational, not accurate to play style" With all of that said, have fun in game!
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 7th April 2013 at 17:22.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

ooh, can we make one for Crom too, can we, can we??

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    ooh, can we make one for Crom too, can we, can we??
    No. It'll only create needless drama.

This should be in the Guild Hall so I'm moving it over.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    No. It'll only create needless drama.
    but we like drama, don't we?

Smile Prophets

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Prophets: I have to admit they've probably got some of the more "top" vet players...but they are all foreign. Most speak good English, some speak the Queen's English so it can be a bit daunting over game FX and a bad vent ping. They would be considered elitist and I've run with one PUG wherein there was an assumption that you should know what to do and when. If you're new, avoid. Overall, if you're more mid cap and want to do some 3.5 raids, join.
    Prophets is not recruiting, we run two t4 raids per week and one t3, Not sure where you think we are foreign as 90 percent of the guild is USA or Canadian. What Prophets does do to help the new players in Coalition Raiders of Set, which is a T3 raid run on Friday nights to help small guild learn upper t3 so they can keep those small guilds healthy and take those skill sets back to their guild. Prophets will help any small guild with ibis crafting and any other help that they need. We want AOC strong and we believe that keeping small guilds strong helps the community over all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast