Thread: Stuck -- missing quests for Dead Man's, BD Cloak

Default Stuck -- missing quests for Dead Man's, BD Cloak

A search here and on the wiki hasn't turned up an answer, so I'm turning to you knowledgeable folks about two quest issues:

1) I have a toon who just hit 78, but can't get to Dead Man's Hand. Artus in Turan doesn't have any quests for me, though I recall that he had the DMH quests when I went there on my primary toon. Obviously I'm missing something in the chain, but my char's level is so high that no quest markers show up there. Other than speaking to every one of the NPCs in Turan, can anyone direct me to where the quest chain for DMH starts?

2) My primary toon has done all the King Conan quests up to killing Atzel in his fortress, and finding the maps and plans and giving them to the King. Now Conan doesn't have any more quests for me, though as I understand it, the Black Dragon Cloak quest comes from him (or someone in his castle)? Any hints on where I get the next quest in the chain?

Thanks for any pointers you can give!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffriend View Post
    A search here and on the wiki hasn't turned up an answer, so I'm turning to you knowledgeable folks about two quest issues:
    let's see what i can dig from my memory...

1) I have a toon who just hit 78, but can't get to Dead Man's Hand. Artus in Turan doesn't have any quests for me, though I recall that he had the DMH quests when I went there on my primary toon. Obviously I'm missing something in the chain, but my char's level is so high that no quest markers show up there. Other than speaking to every one of the NPCs in Turan, can anyone direct me to where the quest chain for DMH starts?
    the quest chain starts in khemi. you need to talk to a girl in the market (tali, if i remember, but i suck at remembering names). she'll tell you to go to ardashir to talk with artus. after you have done that, you need to get out of the city from the door that brings to the river. you'll get another quest that is called something like "witness the attack". from then on, it should be quite straightforward.

2) My primary toon has done all the King Conan quests up to killing Atzel in his fortress, and finding the maps and plans and giving them to the King. Now Conan doesn't have any more quests for me, though as I understand it, the Black Dragon Cloak quest comes from him (or someone in his castle)? Any hints on where I get the next quest in the chain?
    the quest chain starts from conan asking you to collect some insignas from azel's man, then he'll give you more quests to keep killing aztel's man, until he'll give you a group quest to kill the former black dragon magnus. after that you'll have to go to khesh and kill some set's servants (quite a lot of them, actually) and when you've done that, you should get the quest to kill vistrix, and you'll finally get the cloak.

Thanks for any pointers you can give!
    i hope it helps...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    the quest chain starts in khemi. you need to talk to a girl in the market (tali, if i remember, but i suck at remembering names). she'll tell you to go to ardashir to talk with artus. after you have done that, you need to get out of the city from the door that brings to the river. you'll get another quest that is called something like "witness the attack". from then on, it should be quite straightforward.
    I got the quest to go and talk to Artus, and I'm pretty sure I did the "witness the attack" quest, and got the quest to report to the officer in the fort, but didn't get anything after that. I'll have to go back and see if there's another quest there that the marker isn't showing up for.

the after that you'll have to go to khesh and kill some set's servants (quite a lot of them, actually) and when you've done that, you should get the quest to kill vistrix, and you'll finally get the cloak.

i hope it helps...
    Ah. Yea, I'm pretty sure I have the quest to kill the Set's servants, and haven't finished it -- didn't realized that one was in the chain.

Thanks, and yes, you've helped a lot!

I got the quest to go and talk to Artus, and I'm pretty sure I did the "witness the attack" quest, and got the quest to report to the officer in the fort, but didn't get anything after that. I'll have to go back and see if there's another quest there that the marker isn't showing up for.
    If I remember correctly, then after you reported to the officer in the fort, you need to talk to another officer in the fort who has a new quest for you. It is very easy to miss his quest marker if you don't look carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    If I remember correctly, then after you reported to the officer in the fort, you need to talk to another officer in the fort who has a new quest for you. It is very easy to miss his quest marker if you don't look carefully.
    Thanks -- I'll check that out.

since you already done previous quests that start on khemi, now its a matter of finding the correct NPC that leads to the 1st quest in the island, dont remember who but only thing im certain is that he is in ARDASHIR, no need to leave the region anymore, and also its possible you cant see the exclamation mark because the quests are available at level 50, so around that level the exclamation mark is visible
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Re: black dragon cloak quest.
    All the quests that you need to get the black dragon cloak quest are from King Conan. The chain is as follows:
    "Black Legion recruit" (can get at level 60)
    "In the service of King Conan" (can get this one at level 64)
    "Storming the gate" (can get this at level 66 and easily done solo)
    "Death to the Black Dragon" (can take this one at level 72). This one is killing Black Dragon Magnus in Aztel's Approach. He can be killed solo if your toon is strong enough and/or you can kite him, but easier in a group.
    "The battle of Set" (not sure what the minimum level is for this)
    and finally the quest you are after can be taken: "Black Dragon Vistrix"

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Re: black dragon cloak quest.
    All the quests that you need to get the black dragon cloak quest are from King Conan. The chain is as follows:
    "Black Legion recruit" (can get at level 60)
    "In the service of King Conan" (can get this one at level 64)
    "Storming the gate" (can get this at level 66 and easily done solo)
    "Death to the Black Dragon" (can take this one at level 72). This one is killing Black Dragon Magnus in Aztel's Approach. He can be killed solo if your toon is strong enough and/or you can kite him, but easier in a group.
    "The battle of Set" (not sure what the minimum level is for this)
    and finally the quest you are after can be taken: "Black Dragon Vistrix"
    Thanks all for the help -- I had "the battle of Set" in my quest log, but forgot all about it when I started grinding Khitai. Did it last night, and now have the quest for the cloak.