Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: downtime 5/4/13

Default downtime 5/4/13

Was it really needed to take the servers down at this time? 1 or 2 more hours and raidtime would have been done for most(all?) Europeans. Was it that urgent?

That said, at least it was good you gave us a post here on the forums and a notice one hour ahead of time, that is a nice change from previous hotfixes.
    I am Stian ingame...

Is it a patch? Will Wyrm be fixed in it? Some feedback would be great, why haven't it been tested on TL if it's a patch? If it's not a patch why do you need to take servers down for 3h on a Friday just for a reboot?

Question is rather couldn't they announce it 24h before rather than 1h before? LOL it's quite fun maintenance which last 3 hours
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Guys - don't forget that historically speaking, down times don't take as long as they post.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Guys - don't forget that historically speaking, down times don't take as long as they post.
    nevertheless you take servers down on a friday night? omg why this couldnt be done in the morning where most ppl in europe work ffs.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Ya'll just got Funcomed KAPAAAAUUUW

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    How long it is offline does not matter that much, it ruins the last or the two last hours of the raidtime. We cant restart after the servers come up.
    I am Stian ingame...

Agreed, it is odd they would do this last minute, possibly something that couldn't have waited until Monday. I can only assume then that's its a fix for some technical issue and not something in game related... possibly .. dare I say it ..an nvidia fix?

If Funcom would have said it was to fix a critical exploit, then I would have at least understood the reason for taking down the servers at this hour. But since basic communication is beyond them, I guess nerd rage is what they thrive on. Not much of a business oriented choice, but I'm sure they have their reasons...

There's no doubt that this is a very bad time to take down the servers, especially the EU ones. Considering the lag we've had lately it might be worth it, though.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast