Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos' Silence

Default Joel Bylos' Silence

OK, there seems to be a lot of QQing going on since the month passed without any monthly update or commentary by Bylos.

But I would like you to take another perspective on this. Namely,that Bylos is so confident about upcoming content/fixes that he doesn't really need to say anything.

I call this the anti-Craig approach to game development. When a GD/or anyone for that matter has nothing of substance to produce he/she falls back on what else? TALK and sweet nothings whispered in the ears.

That's right , John Bylos knows he's got something MEGA coming down the pipeline that'll force everyone to sub up and play so in the interim nothing needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    .. he's got something MEGA coming down the pipeline that'll force everyone to sub up and play so in the interim nothing needs to be said..
    let me guess, HoX weapons won´t bug after few transformations?!

btw just merge this topic with http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181549

What we know from various sources is

- the company is in a major restructuring process
    - the team for AoC (and TSW and AO) is relocating to North Carolina
    - there released recently a big TSW update, issue #6, and had some technical problems on the client side to fix afterwards.

... so my personal guess is, some patience is appropriate and reasonable these days.

there is no aoc team anymore. funcom has a "live team" for the secret world that is learning how the dreamworld works in aoc to see if any of the things the previous aoc team was working on are "possible". If ya'll would learn to read, that is exactly what funcom has been posting for the last 3 months.

its a 5 year old game, play and enjoy what it is. stop acting like it was launched last month. aoc is what it is and its not changing. pray that they don't announce they are taking down the servers and ending the game.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    there is no aoc team anymore. funcom has a "live team" for the secret world that is learning how the dreamworld works in aoc to see if any of the things the previous aoc team was working on are "possible". If ya'll would learn to read, that is exactly what funcom has been posting for the last 3 months.

its a 5 year old game, play and enjoy what it is. stop acting like it was launched last month. aoc is what it is and its not changing. pray that they don't announce they are taking down the servers and ending the game.
    If they cease to add new content and fix nvidia issues they will have to shutter the game and then Funcom itself.

AoC is FC's bread and butter title, everybody knows Funcom from AoC. You speak to any casual, mainstream gamer, "Funcom", their response is "oh, Conan! yeah that was a cool game."

In terms of manpower, I have HUGE hopes for the Lego mobile game. If its successful, which the concept is solid(think about playing with legos when you were young.. but now you can really build that big Lego city you were thinking of) but again where this company fails time and time again is execution...

Further, I've lived and worked in the Raleigh/triangle area. Although, its got its fair share of tech, Montreal is a far more sophisticated and "modernistic" city so I think they are losing people on, "wow I'm not living there" grounds.

Overall, Lego needs to win BIG. And then we'll see content rolling in every month for AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    ..its a 5 year old game, play and enjoy what it is. stop acting like it was launched last month. aoc is what it is and its not changing. pray that they don't announce they are taking down the servers and ending the game.
    Amen .......

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

(think about playing with legos when you were young.. but now you can really build that big Lego city you were thinking of) but again where this company fails time and time again is execution...

Overall, Lego needs to win BIG. And then we'll see content rolling in every month for AoC.
    I think you belive they're making a "Lego minecraft", they're not, it's going to be a Lego MMORPG in the dreamworld engine. ie: Lego figures that goes around in a static lego world and kill **** or whatever.

I'm having a hard time visualizing a fatality animation via legos though.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast