Thread: Question regarding characters and old unused accounts.

Default Question regarding characters and old unused accounts.

A while back you had a cleanup, freeing many names from characters below level 20. The criterias where that they account was unused for over 1 year or that the characters had not been logged on in 2 years (or some criterias similar). Is "spring cleanup" planned any time soon again? There are many names locked to lvl 5-10 characters that have never logged on for quite a while now. Would appreciate any official response to this :-)

Note: This is a question, and not a suggestion, hence not put in the "suggestion" thread.

It's a good question. I was wondering about those too.

Their initial "spring cleaning" cant have been very thorough.

I bought a CE, participated in early access (6 month sub), etc etc.. but left around 4 months in due to..well.. everyone leaving.

Came back a few weeks ago, and while two of my chars had *nick*34523459345 due to server merges (one, annoyingly, was my level 49 PoM), i still had 4 or 5 chars left from when early access begun. Only one (my level 80) was above Tortage level. Hell, my ToS is still level 6 as we speak..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Placid View Post
    Their initial "spring cleaning" cant have been very thorough.

I bought a CE, participated in early access (6 month sub), etc etc.. but left around 4 months in due to..well.. everyone leaving.

Came back a few weeks ago, and while two of my chars had *nick*34523459345 due to server merges (one, annoyingly, was my level 49 PoM), i still had 4 or 5 chars left from when early access begun. Only one (my level 80) was above Tortage level. Hell, my ToS is still level 6 as we speak..lol..
    Maybe you played long enough - or your sub lasted long enough - that your toons below 20 didn't meet the criteria for deletion. If I recall correctly, the spring cleaning of names was part of the 2nd big merge in Jan 2010. And this was done just the one time in response to extensive pleading by the game population to free up 'good' names locked to unplayed toons, so Funcom may not do it again without more pleading.

Any situation like this has always been around a server merge from my recolection. I wouldn't expect this to occur again unless there are more merges with the single server technology.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.