Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is a paid sub and the expansion enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicus View Post
    Hi all. I'm a returning player - I played quite casually back at the beginning of the game when it was full of bugs and performance issues. I have resubbed now and just have a question now that the game has gone f2p:

Is a paid sub and a purchase of the expansion 'enough'? I don't approve of the f2p model and don't want to be having to pay extra money for the best gear. Do I get everything possible by paying a subscription or am I going to be missing out if I don't supplement that by purchasing from the item store? I prefer, when I play MMOs, to play in the old school fashion of a monthly sub and getting expansions as they come - rather than microtransactions etc.

Please let me know what, if anything, I could possibly miss out on playing the game in this fashion!

Cheers
    There is nothing in the store you NEED. There are things that can make life easier. Rez pots, vanity items, certain mounts, nuthing that you need though.

Being a paid sub and getting the godslayer expansion gives you most raids, pretty much access to every type of mount, AA, top tier raid gear, everything but turan area which you dont need less you want to raid t3.5 or do ashidar fort.

I'm almost certain in the next upcoming updates they will tone down turan so its at least worth a try by most capped players.

Right now I've only been on 2 turan temple runs since the pack came out, and mostly because I specifically asked the prophets guild master at the time(who I knew) if I could come along on one of their runs.... it just isn't run and PUGs are almost unheard of...the loot isn't even all that much better. Tone it down, thks.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I'm almost certain in the next upcoming updates they will tone down turan so its at least worth a try by most capped players.

Right now I've only been on 2 turan temple runs since the pack came out, and mostly because I specifically asked the prophets guild master at the time(who I knew) if I could come along on one of their runs.... it just isn't run and PUGs are almost unheard of...the loot isn't even all that much better. Tone it down, thks.
    I agree IF there is content of that level of difficulty replacing the Temple. Only then should it be toned down. If the new Cetriss comes along and replaces Erlik in difficulty, i totally agree, and it could be toned down abit. Until then i disagree
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Thanks for all the responses.

Fury or Crom for server? I had all my chars on Fury but remember getting frustrated by constant ganking (do MMOs still use that word?)

Nope, the store is not needed. Mostly mounts and vanity stuff. The potions, if you plan on pushing to 'win' the game, are so cheap you will have plenty through rares you got in dungeons. I have enough rares to prolly gear out another 4-5 toons will full sets of whichever faction currently. I have not bought anything from the store in well over a year probably and do just fine in T4.

So in short, a paid sub, and expansions are more than enough to play the game in full. No micro transactions are needed to succeed in AoC.
    Tyrant of The Epic Guard

One evening spent in level 80 dungeons will give you better gear than anything in the shop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12