Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game of thrones!

Quote Originally Posted by chesus-sliced View Post
    Apart from that it is a rehash of British history with lots of tits and beheadings.
    Going down this route, every story is a rehash of something older. There is no original content. It has all been done before and will all be done again eventually.

The only good bit was the Wall, and only in the first season. Apart from that it is a rehash of British history with lots of tits and beheadings.

2 out 10

Pure Mental Bubble Gum ie tastes allright but no nourishment there

Oh really? There are influnces of course. Just look at the map of the island. But i didnt know we had zombies, dragons and magic in our history. So you can say there are some historical followings but its clearly no rehash to british history at all.

The wall could be seen as hadrians wall. There where a lot of intrigues in british history too. But thats it.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 2nd May 2013 at 07:45.

That is part of the attraction...the mix between real history influence and reference and the slow introduction of dark fantasy elements (dark races, undead plague, dragons, curses, ritual magic etc.). And the narration style he uses (switching character perspectives) is part of it too (though it can be annoying at times, but many popular authors used it throughout the centuries).
    This might not be everyones cup of tea, true. But that does not make it bad (especially if you look at what other type of fantasy/horror literature is out there atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Oh really? There are influnces of course. Just look at the map of the island. But i didnt know we had zombies, dragons and magic in our history. So you can say there are some historical followings but its clearly no rehash to british history at all.

The wall could be seen as hadrians wall. There where a lot of intrigues in british history too. But thats it.
    No way the Andals = Saxons, Northman = Gaels, the dragon lot = Normans, its pure crap.

No way the Andals = Saxons, Northman = Gaels, the dragon lot = Normans, its pure crap.
    Even if this is true it has almost nothing to do with the actual story of "A Song of Ice and Fire", therefore your claim, it's rehashing british history, is far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Still nothing happening, BORING! I hope something happens soon!
    Lol. Happening like in spartacus?

Sometimes I realize the intellectual depth of mmo crowd and why I shouldn't play too much with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Lol. Happening like in spartacus?

Sometimes I realize the intellectual depth of mmo crowd and why I shouldn't play too much with kids.
    Wow, You are such a smart person. "This what you want to hear" I figured so, since such a highly intelligent person like yourself announced to the MMO community that you are above the rest, based solely on the fact that you think Game of Thrones is packed full of adventure and curiosity "so far" this season. Of which it hasn't done anything of the sort except to have each character baby crawl towards the already known path each of them were on.

But go ahead, and criticize. It's all good!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Interesting things that have happened this season:
    Danaerys got an army
    Rose Leslie got naked

Not interesting things that have happened this season:
    The Starks continue to be the most idiotic noble family in history.
    The Lannisters continue to be just shy of being actual Magnificient Bast4rds
    Everyone else continues to display the foresight and planning skills of a third grader on a Halloween-grade sugar high.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Interesting things that have happened this season:

Rose Leslie got naked
    The only thing that matters.

The King In The North!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast