Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos why have you forsaken me?

Yeah, no red logos on threads for a week now... feeling neglected already.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Yeah, no red logos on threads for a week now... feeling neglected already.
    devtracker shows last dev activity on TL forums at 02-22-2013, which is like 5 weeks ago and 2 days before the rolled back disaster patch on live servers..

I understand that getting visa to US is taking time ... what i dont understand why this has so massive long term effect on the whole team and all the games for months ? Im sure people can work even though they are not still able to move under same "roof". Its 2013 and there is video conferences, emails.. ext ext. I dont know any business that you can just shut down everything for months in order to get your act together without losing customers.

the cake is a lie.

keep the money rolling in.

It's sad. But hey, since I haven't logged on for more than AA in a couple of weeks, I must say I care a lot less. Time to let go of our barbaric dreams? It seems I've lost that twinklez in my eye
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Guys hold on. We should be getting the monthly Game Director's Letter soon, we've had two Community Updates from Tarib this month, the 4.0.2 patch got put back in, and Joel has had a few interviews on Massively, PC Gamer, etc. He's not ignoring this game.

Imagine yourself - one day you have a single child to care for. Just you and this one kid. And then within a matter of weeks, the child morphs into triplets that all require your attention or they'll scream and cry that they're starving to death...which isn't really true.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    I understand that getting visa to US is taking time ... what i dont understand why this has so massive long term effect on the whole team and all the games for months ? Im sure people can work even though they are not still able to move under same "roof". Its 2013 and there is video conferences, emails.. ext ext. I dont know any business that you can just shut down everything for months in order to get your act together without losing customers.
    The few pure AoC devs that was left in January got fired or didn't want to move to NC. the new team mostly consist of devs who have worked on TSW and AoC. The TSW devs have been busy finishing Issue 6 on TSW.

I'm sure that once they settle in NC they'll start working on AoC again. That's atleast what Joel have said in the past.

AoC have lost a bit players the last weeks as the effect from Steam has started to fade away, and 4 months without update have taken it's toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Guys hold on. We should be getting the monthly Game Director's Letter soon, we've had two Community Updates from Tarib this month, the 4.0.2 patch got put back in, and Joel has had a few interviews on Massively, PC Gamer, etc. He's not ignoring this game.

Imagine yourself - one day you have a single child to care for. Just you and this one kid. And then within a matter of weeks, the child morphs into triplets that all require your attention or they'll scream and cry that they're starving to death...which isn't really true.
    We have been holding on for 5 years. He needs a quick win in pvp to have any face at all. At the 2 day mark I asked for updates, he said he had a plan. Where is it?

I'm sure tomorrow's monthly update will be full of details about how the delayed Dragonspine patches for new 6 mans (and fix the 1 6 man there is), new raid, crafting revamp, mage revamps, and pvp minigames will be put back on track and put in game asap.

Right?

Oh, who am I kidding.....

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm sure tomorrow's monthly update will be full of details about how the delayed Dragonspine patches for new 6 mans (and fix the 1 6 man there is), new raid, crafting revamp, mage revamps, and pvp minigames will be put back on track and put in game asap.

Right?

Oh, who am I kidding.....
    Sorry, but the new GM has been somewhat lackluster so far. Its on him to wow us now. I know, I will get an infraction, but as a paying and loyal customer as well as someone who donated many hours to the improvement of the game through the Advocate program, this is my pov.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast