Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for pvp'ers

Default Question for pvp'ers

I tought of this right this momment and decided to share.

What if all the ingame %resit for CC's were instead a Duration reduction to said CC. OFC kb dosent apply but KB's are kinda special anyways, It could reduce distance.

so pretty much having a 20% stun resist ingame would turn into a 20% reduction in duration. 5 sec stun would only stun you for 4.

Would be pretty inballance with classes having already short CC and with the CC reduction already available through AA.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

soldiers shouldn't have so many cc's. coupled with their mitigations and hp, this is one of the biggest imbalances.

I can live with soldier dps as long as there's a bigger survivability penalty to put them in line with other archetypes.

everything else is close to being fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    I tought of this right this momment and decided to share.

What if all the ingame %resit for CC's were instead a Duration reduction to said CC. OFC kb dosent apply but KB's are kinda special anyways, It could reduce distance.

so pretty much having a 20% stun resist ingame would turn into a 20% reduction in duration. 5 sec stun would only stun you for 4.
    not a bad idea, but as others already said, it will bring too much unbalance issues (more than already is)

Should be noted that not all soldiers are created equally as DT's only have a limited number of weaker CC's (2) and no real anti CC that works worth a dam.

Quote Originally Posted by caryallice View Post
    Should be noted that not all soldiers are created equally as DT's only have a limited number of weaker CC's (2) and no real anti CC that works worth a dam.
    45sec CD range snare, Fear, one AoE stun, one single target stun. It's not as bad as that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I've mention this like a year ago, the response I got was: F you, luck(the low % of blocking a CC) is a part of these type of games and if you dont like you, you can just get out(south park ref).

sidar sidar there is enough of CC time reduce feats from AAs
    Spunqe's SuperStream!

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    45sec CD range snare, Fear, one AoE stun, one single target stun. It's not as bad as that.
    Yes DTs do have all those ccs but the only gifted one is the single target or cone target stun which lasts 2 seconds. To get the aoe fear which is slow and clearly announces what's coming so it can be interrupted you have to get to the end feat tree of the desecration tree and to get the aoe stun you have to get to the middle section of the depravity tree, the DT class isn't flush with gifted ccs as you have to 3 of the 4 that the DT has which locks you into a hybrid build (not saying that build is bad, I quite like it personally but still you are restricted in how you can feat in order to get the aoe stun and aoe fear). On the flip side once you get higher PvP levels and the gear the DT is hard to kill so it's not like they are reliant on ccs to remain alive so if you wanted to drop the aoe stun etc and get more dps then it's possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast