Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Class Struggle in Hyboria: What class should I play?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    lol hopeless...

I give you a log of a sin doing 2500 DPS and it's not good enough because apparently it'd only count if you selectively ignore xyz section and this and that and if the moon is full and sign of capricorn is waning... blah blah blah.

I mean really if we pretend to take this argument seriously, NO-ONE can hold 2500 DPS because every parse ever that will be at that amount is going to have some extreme bursts of damage (which you ignore) and some lulls (relative) in DPS too. Because no such class exists that fits your criteria of DPS, no-one can tank it.

Time to open your eyes and realise that Guard aggro is damn good. A sin did perhaps the highest DPS I've ever seen, and likely you have ever seen too, and didn't pull aggro even when I was taking knockbacks, even with a damn blue sword, not even a purple. What more can you want.
    It makes perfect sense to cut out that 10~15 second spike. A.) No fight (at least boss fight) lasts for 10~15 seconds. B.) There are classes that exist in the game that actually DOES 2500 DPS sustained throughout a fight. And THIS is the problem. I don't think you understand, aggro is binary, you either have it or you don't regardless if the difference between the two is a span of 500 DPS or 15 DPS. And if you couple this with the fact that a guard is a walking paperweight if you don't have aggro, the grievances of the class becomes very apparent.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 29th October 2013 at 13:28.

"This message is hidden because RingOfSet is on your ignore list."

Unless the above is what you see when RingOfSet posts then you are using this forum incorrectly. He brings nothing of value to these boards, and are in fact activly spreading mis-information. Put him on ignore, or at the very least just disregard him and stop engaging him. He is a troll, and only wants attention.

Guard doesn't need another revamp, just tweaks here and there maybe but I'd really worry about other things first. S&s has a lot more dps than people think, I have proved it on fury. That includes s&s pvp, I even got kills with it in a siege last Sunday.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Guards don't have the versatility of a dt, or even conqueror. All 3 soldiers can now use plate armor, all can snap aggro easily, all have aoe stuff. but the dts have big life taps, dread shadows, warped dread, or desecration spec for dps and even moar aggro!
    Conquerors have bubbles and generally build a lot of hate through dps like the dt.
    Since the guard doesn't have bleeds, or damage procs they rely solely on their own combos and abilities and it isn't enough for a lot of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    but with guard grabbing aggro is a challenge towards end game.the only number that matters to you which is hate gen.
    The reason you cant get aggro with your guardian is because you're only going for hate, go for some crit, and you will notice you've been wrong the entire time

There are some EU guards that can keep up on all T4 fights. Even me so im not completely full of ****. So you shouldnt complain about the Guards potencial, if you wanna whine, do it at the skillcurve, cause apparently, you're not even close to mastering it.
    Last edited by magnum92; 3rd November 2013 at 09:09.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    P.S. Also, for people who are new to guard which seems to be about everyone here except myself and a handful of people. The weapon doesn't really matter nor does guard DPS or crit rating or whatever..it all helps a bit but the only difference that REALLY makes any noticeable difference is hate rating. Hate for avguard is like crit for a DT due to the multiplicative nature of guard combos.
    Sure, you're not calling yourself a new guardian when your guard is roughly 6 months old? If you couldnt figure out how last stand works, please englith us how you can know so much about things that doesnt have tooltips?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...97&postcount=1

Guard only has aggro
    Conq and DT have both aggro and DPS
    DT and Conq>>>>>>> Guard

Here's what all of you should do:
    Stop shitting onto a newbie thread about "balance" or "l2p noob" or "how much ringofset sucks". There are other threads and whole subforums for passive agressive douchebaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I've never had aggro issues when tanking with my guard. Don't come here throwing **** at people you don't know who they are. Ask noite who I am instead.
    I believe he might have mistaken you for RingofSet, as you use the same forum avatar

Hope forum mods give this thread some love soon.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast