Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Class Struggle in Hyboria: What class should I play?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The class you enjoy is the correct choice, all tanks are viable at end game. You might find your ability to successfully tank will vary quite a lot as you level up and acquire key abilities.
    All tanks are not viable at endgame. Conqs and DT's are clearcut better at holding aggro. I would say for a fully T4 guard the absolute maximum DPS you can hold is around 2100~2200 DPS MAXIMUM. If people say they hold more they are mistaken or are under very particular conditions (and don't really play their guard much.)

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    All tanks are not viable at endgame. Conqs and DT's are clearcut better at holding aggro. I would say for a fully T4 guard the absolute maximum DPS you can hold is around 2100~2200 DPS MAXIMUM. If people say they hold more they are mistaken or are under very particular conditions (and don't really play their guard much.)
    Just highlights that the Guardian should be in line for a revamp of sorts to bring more balance to the soldier classes and game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Just highlights that the Guardian should be in line for a revamp of sorts to bring more balance to the soldier classes and game in general.
    The guard got revamped before the conq....

way back in 2.1

Major protip for everyone: Disregard anything and everything this ringofset claims. In fact, put him on your ignore lists, whatever tiny little thing he sometimes might get right isn't worth putting up with his endless crap.
    Also I don't want this "guard is weak" bullsht here in a newbie thread. That is wrong and false. Guard is extremely strong. It could be said that guard is boring to play or too hard/easy to play or x soldier tanks y boss better than guard or blabla. But if anyone (else) wants to spread more stupid **** around, do it in a thread not dedicated to helping out newbies.

There are no aggro issues in end-game.
    Guards are perfectly viable, and I would say they even have an edge over DTs on more fights in T4 than the opposite.

You are just obsessed by the DPS that DTs genenarate while tanking, which is way higher than Guards.
    No one ofc negate that DTs in defencive generate too much DPS, and that VoM should be adjusted.
    But there are no aggro or tank issues.

You clearly have no exact idea of numbers and you have intentionally posted false stuff several times to try to show you are an experienced player while you clearly have no clue about most of aspects of the game you comment about.

You are of course free to post whatever you want, you pay for this game and for forum access, so no one can blame you if you like to post trolls, imaginary chars, imaginary numbers, etc etc.

But you are dangerous for community and for people who reads forums in search for advices (especially in this forum section).

Suggestion for everyone: don't listen to RingOfSet.
    He more or less intentionally post false stuff.
    I don't really want to know what are the reasons he continually spam forums with this stuff instead of doing something else but DON'T LISTEN TO RINGOFSET
    Last edited by Calore; 29th October 2013 at 13:02.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

wut

No

Here's a parse of Evito doing 2509 DPS and my Guardian holding aggro. My guard at this stage had only the blue sword from Ardashir Fort, the quest shield from T2 (which is worse than the T1 guard shield), and a mix of khitai armour. Hell I didn't even have battlement legs at that stage, I still was wearing the wolf plate legs with no crit and no hate.

In case you are not familiar with this fight it is a straight up burn with some minor AOE damage around him and the tank gets knocked back during certain phases (and still held through the knock backs).

Stats:

http://imgur.com/V0H8Ig1

Graphed Moving Average DPS:

http://imgur.com/LtYWKDj
    Last edited by Boesch; 29th October 2013 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    The guard got revamped before the conq....

way back in 2.1
    Edit, just read the subsequent post and RoS's post may not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    wut

No

Here's a parse of Evito doing 2509 DPS and my Guardian holding aggro. My guard at this stage had only the blue sword from Ardashir Fort, the quest shield from T2 (which is worse than the T1 guard shield), and a mix of khitai armour. Hell I didn't even have battlement legs at that stage, I still was wearing the wolf plate legs with no crit and no hate.

In case you are not familiar with this fight it is a straight up burn with some minor AOE damage around him and the tank gets knocked back during certain phases (and still held through the knock backs).

Stats:

http://imgur.com/V0H8Ig1

Graphed Moving Average DPS:

http://imgur.com/LtYWKDj
    Look at your graph again. Cut off the first 15 seconds (yes guards have edge here because he can throw up all his hate boosts and jack up hate to 40+% or some nutty number. Which he can't get back for another 2 minutes~3 mins.) If you look at the rest of the 70 seconds or so of "sustained DPS" by sin you are holding exactly the same DPS as I've said 2100~2200 DPS.

P.S. Also, for people who are new to guard which seems to be about everyone here except myself and a handful of people. The weapon doesn't really matter nor does guard DPS or crit rating or whatever..it all helps a bit but the only difference that REALLY makes any noticeable difference is hate rating. Hate for avguard is like crit for a DT due to the multiplicative nature of guard combos.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 29th October 2013 at 13:15.

Look at your graph again. Cut off the first 15 seconds (yes guards have edge here because he can throw up all his hate boosts and jack up hate to 40+% or some nutty number. Which he can't get back for another 2 minutes~3 mins.) If you look at the rest of the 70 seconds or so of "sustained DPS" by sin you are holding exactly the same DPS as I've said 2100~2200 DPS.
    lol hopeless...

I give you a log of a sin doing 2500 DPS and it's not good enough because apparently it'd only count if you selectively ignore xyz section and this and that and if the moon is full and sign of capricorn is waning... blah blah blah.

I mean really if we pretend to take this argument seriously, NO-ONE can hold 2500 DPS because every parse ever that will be at that amount is going to have some extreme bursts of damage (which you ignore) and some lulls (relative) in DPS too. Because no such class exists that fits your criteria of DPS, no-one can tank it.

Time to open your eyes and realise that Guard aggro is damn good. A sin did perhaps the highest DPS I've ever seen, and likely you have ever seen too, and didn't pull aggro even when I was taking knockbacks, even with a damn blue sword with no hate, not even a purple weapon. What more can you want.
    Last edited by Boesch; 29th October 2013 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Edit, just read the subsequent post and RoS's post may not be accurate.
    He's clueless.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast