Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Class Struggle in Hyboria: What class should I play?

Default Class Struggle in Hyboria: What class should I play?

To any prospective readers: Sorry, this guide has been removed. You're on your own.
    Last edited by cins; 2nd February 2018 at 12:23. Reason: because **** you, that's why

I'm pretty sure necros and demos can't use swords.

Protip: hox is the best class and you should play a hox.
    Made my day!

Very helpful for beginners and returning players. Thanks!

Best class description post ever, thanks for a good laugh!

"who isn't a spellcasting weakling." <3
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Yeah I had a reaction reading "isn't a spellcasting weakling" too. Funny way to put it when you consider the reality of things in certain scenarios

Good thread, but Please change the wording "healers" to "priests". Priest is way better word to use. We have no healbots in AoC!

good mages double tap forwards from time to time to stun

i also find staggering rate high with daggers

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Good thread, but Please change the wording "healers" to "priests". Priest is way better word to use.
    Since some time the word "priest" also doesn't sound good

If "all soldiers are equal for tanking" as per the OP, and guards can only be tanks, while both the Conqs and DTs can double up as DPS (with DTs also good for magic-based DPS), then that seems to leave the Guardians at a severe disadvantage: there's nothing they can do that others can't (since "all are equal at tanking") yet the other soldier classes have other uses - DPS / magic DPS - therefore will be more desirable in a 6-man or raid.

What's a Guard for then? It seems they drew the shortest stick in the class lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by aocjv View Post
    What's a Guard for then? It seems they drew the shortest stick in the class lottery.
    Well, for starters guards are manly men who wear skirts.

Also, other soldier classes have other drawbacks: DT's gear dependence is just insane, and their survivability is not on par with other tanks in encounters where they cannot constantly whack something (since they largely rely on life taps). And conqs... well thinking about it, conqs don't rely have any drawbacks - except boring gameplay
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Selescion View Post
    Made my day!

Very helpful for beginners and returning players. Thanks!
    Pretty much every veteran player would say the same... HoX is the best class... tho for mentioned reasons very fragile in PvP.

So if you are going for PvE choose HoX otherwise let the class for veterans...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast