Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Class Struggle in Hyboria: What class should I play?

Guardian is the rock solid tank.
    It does not rely on gear to get the job done.
    Efficiency improves with skill.
    It's the tank that can have the highest aggro in full turtle mode.

All soldiers are equal in regard to their tanking potential.

... but each of them is different, behaves better/worse in certain situations - especially in the beginning, without ubergear.

Anyway, Guardians in PvE are slow in the beginning and boring in end game. There at least one more class that's boring in end-game PvE - assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    There at least one more class that's boring in end-game PvE - assassin
    True but you can have still lot of fun in PvP...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    True but you can have still lot of fun in PvP...
    All classes are interesting to play in PvP - because even simple stuff like dpsing isn't simple when your prey is jumping around you

Guardians are also enjoying in PvP - stuff has changed, but I remember them from 2009 as the best "troll" class (destroy clothies with BV even when 3v1, pop def and run away when below 30%).

Nice write up and funny too

Why hate Cimmerian Barbs? I'm very fond of mine, steamrolled Khitai like nothing else
    Last edited by Invino; 27th March 2013 at 11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by aocjv View Post
    What's a Guard for then? It seems they drew the shortest stick in the class lottery.
    edit: I really should've made a lame crack about guards and their big sticks here. What a wasted opportunity...
    No, barbarian gets the shortest stick. Conqueror is objectively better than barbarian since last revamp: barb can deal a lot of damage with two swords, conq can do just as much while buffing everyone else; barb can heal himself a whole lot with big sword spec, conq doesn't lose that health to begin with; barb can sometimes resurrect himself (a somewhat expendable dps), conq can resurrect others (such as healer or tank). Barb is just screwed these days, the biggest upside of barb is fun. It's pretty fun to play a barb so they're not extinct, but they're certainly in a bad spot from a metagame perspective.

I didn't put that into description, but guardian is the strongest class from the beginning to end. He's pretty much invincible in groups, needs the least stuff of all soldiers to tank well and will destroy everything easily (if not quickly) when playing solo. The defining problem of guardian is plain old boredom. Guard is too easy and powerful, it gets boring really fast. They're only fun to play when tanking something really hard, or possibly in pvp.
    edit: Also only they get spear fatalities. This is important.
    Last edited by cins; 27th March 2013 at 18:50.

Also only they get spear fatalities. This is important.
    Hehe. Understood sir, thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by aocjv View Post
    Hehe. Understood sir, thank you sir.
    You'll go a long way in Hyboria, soldier.

on pve soloing, with the barb, its possible to kill 5 melee targets with reaver stance, i can do it at least (more than 5 depends)....but its tru that conq is a barb with heavy armor, and the barb is outdated after lots of revamps, but fun to play with two swords on pve, hard to play on pvp reaver

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    edit: Also only they get spear fatalities. This is important.
    strange, i have done lots of fatalities with sword and shield on my guard, for now i remember one that the guard holds the head with the hand or shield and cuts the head off, something like that

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    strange, i have done lots of fatalities with sword and shield on my guard, for now i remember one that the guard holds the head with the hand or shield and cuts the head off, something like that
    i think he wanted to say that only guards can do spear fatalitites, 'cos only guard and tos can use spear, but if a tos does a fatality, it's just a caster's one....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast