Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: steam players

Default steam players

so how many players since the influx reached max level and subbed? enough to offset the eroding vet playerbase?

If you're talking about the influx of lowbies, not enough. On both set and tyranny it's still a vacant wasteland for people new trying to experience the game for the first time. There are those who are liking it and sticking around, but it's not even half of what's like back in the old days.

i have been playing a new character the last days, and on crom tortage was rather crowded. if not like at launch, quite close, and a lot of people was wearing the steam cape...
    will them all keep playing up to lvl 80 and more?? i have no idea... i guess only time will tell...
    still, it was cool to see so many people around!!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

There are still people in Tortage. After that there is a huge decrease or that's what I experienced.

Never lose hope!

Maybe it's because players get scattered after Tortage.

I've been seeing many low level dungeons called on global last few weeks ... I'd say the steam listing was a success.

After Tortage, many folks do not know there are 4 zones to quest in, so kinda end up in their own racial area for a while.

One problem is this game has 3 servers. Would be a lot better if the new guys were playing together instead of seperated by 3 servers. Maybe they might even get a chance to mini often before 80.

I think this game has the same problems since launch. For 80 long levels, especially long after 60, you are doing the same thing over and over. Get a bunch of quests, finish them and return to the same place you got them. In the end what do you get to show for it. Not many cool items, not much group experience and not much AA. Nothing. It's like starting a whole new game at 80. 80 LEVELS. 80. not 50. not 75. 80.

What's happening is steam players are calling to group in low level dungeons like black castle,cradle, and sanctum but nobody responds.

Please, I implore the 80s to step in and help these fresh newbies in their dungeons, tear yourself away from the silly t3/4 grindtacular and help some of these lowbies and get them some gear... I think itll go a long way in preserving the game and adding future content.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Please, I implore the 80s to step in and help these fresh newbies in their dungeons, tear yourself away from the silly t3/4 grindtacular and help some of these lowbies and get them some gear... I think itll go a long way in preserving the game and adding future content.
    No. If there's one thing worse than not getting to play, it's getting bored while playing. An 80 plowing through Black Castle while a bunch of 30s get the crumbs left behind is a boring waste of time for all involved.

If anyone wants to help new players with dungeons, they need to roll a new toon for it and really play with newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    If you're talking about the influx of lowbies, not enough. On both set and tyranny it's still a vacant wasteland for people new trying to experience the game for the first time. There are those who are liking it and sticking around, but it's not even half of what's like back in the old days.
    I don't agree, I see plenty of new people in Tortage. More than I did back in the games first year. I do agree with the previous poster. The best way to help these new people stay in the game is to roll a new toon and group with them for dungeons before this games lack of a group finder utility scares them away.
    Last edited by CeeTee; 26th March 2013 at 18:06.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast