Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto-combo presser.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    In PvE I would prefer auto macroing to prevent lagging and computer issues.
    There's no ingame macros like in Rift for example. If you would do them on let's say keyboard, in case of lag you would miss combo steps. It doesn't make any sense imho. Just as other say try caster if melee is not for you.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

You still need other abilities and movement between combo steps in PvE unless you are not trying to get better in damage. Positioning yourself is essential and timing other abilities between combo steps is a large boon for group action.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I play with the Naga mouse and it is possible to record and assign macros to each button. I tried it when i started playing the game as i thought it would make it better, but it is truly horrible.

First of all you end up missing a lot of finishers because your mob has moved and you miss the possibility to fire taunts before the finisher etc.

Bad idea in every way for this game.

(I might consider making a macro for various buffings though. A macro that raised all the pets and did the relevant buffs for my necro while i went for bio after raid wipes would be useful )
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

@ Scythie; dig the music ~ listened to it in the car yesterday ~ reminded me of an updated sound to the DOORS ~ when I said that out-load with my 17-yr old in the car an impromptu dissertation on 60s and 70s rock ensued ~

@ OP; I use to use a Vox program called SHOOT when flying sims ~ it worked well with issuing wingman commands (including combos, etc)... so if you ever find yourself needing to issue Vox commands to your "wingman" ...

;P

Last edited by Mustaine; 29th March 2013 at 23:21.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

roll necro/demo/pom/tos m8 end of story here.

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    roll necro/demo/pom/tos m8 end of story here.
    RANGER replaces all those together :P

Just get a keyboard that records micros.
    The Microsoft Sidewinder I have has a record button, hit record, do the combo sequence you want and it is set. Hit one key and do whole combos etc.
    I can hit one key, have my Conq for example switch from a 2Her to 2 1Hers, do the combo and switch back to the 2Her in one key stroke.
    Last edited by ssnowsurfer; 31st March 2013 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    Just get a keyboard that records micros.
    The Microsoft Sidewinder I have has a record button, hit record, do the combo sequence you want and it is set. Hit one key and do whole combos etc.
    I can hit one key, have my Conq for example switch from a 2Her to 2 1Hers, do the combo and switch back to the 2Her in one key stroke.
    whats the difference between using keyboard , mouse macros or script macros?
    imo it doesnt really matter and ppl who are considering that using scripts is cheating are just funny. It doesnt give more benefits (if gives any) than making considerable key setup for your class skills or good UI. Maybe lets call every player who is using gaming hardware a cheater?
    Personally I have to use script for only one thing : to change 'N' key with 'Alt' on my keyboard(I dont see other possible befefits for my barb or bs). I am using wolfking round keyboard and aoc doesnt bring full controler setup. Some of you are going really crazy - maybe using TeamSpeak in pvp is also cheating?This is obviously 3rd party program which gives you advantage in pvp ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    whats the difference between using keyboard , mouse macros or script macros?
    imo it doesnt really matter and ppl who are considering that using scripts is cheating are just funny. It doesnt give more benefits (if gives any) than making considerable key setup for your class skills or good UI. Maybe lets call every player who is using gaming hardware a cheater?
    Personally I have to use script for only one thing : to change 'N' key with 'Alt' on my keyboard(I dont see other possible befefits for my barb or bs). I am using wolfking round keyboard and aoc doesnt bring full controler setup. Some of you are going really crazy - maybe using TeamSpeak in pvp is also cheating?This is obviously 3rd party program which gives you advantage in pvp ;P
    its actually a major disadvantage to macro your combo keys in PvP because there is timing involved when you initiate combo and then finish it... even a second off and it can mean getting that KB off or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12