Thread: New Joel Bylos Interview

Default New Joel Bylos Interview

New Joel Bylos interview that I don't believe was posted yet.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32075

I drooled hard over the business process stuff. I love that stuff. I worked for several years for a television network writing/designing transmedia, and I think my favorite part was being part of the process that connected ideas to funding to design to coding... Lots and lots of Visio. I also went through a restructuring during the economy downturn, watching my team go from 12 to four, with big pressure to generate metrics that sponsors would like ... scary. Best wishes to Funcom, this has got to be traumatic for the people and org. But it sounds like a huge step forward.

For us too. This kind of thing is so basic but true: "If you’re in the same office as someone and can walk over and yell at them, they’re more likely to get that issue you’re yelling about fixed much sooner. So I think it’ll definitely help – it’ll definitely remove some of the most annoying bugs." It bodes well for the games: even if the smaller team has fewer resources, it could appear otherwise with prioritization and reaction time being comparatively tighter.

Good luck to Joel specifically, too (and wife ). I started at the bottom on one TV show that I really liked and found it intimidating to eventually end up leading a content team: up to my elbows in the guts of something I really wanted to succeed for more than professional reasons.
    Last edited by Prima; 22nd March 2013 at 17:02.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I'm more interested in the Lego mini figures game and its hopeful success. I really think the success or failure of that one kids game will have the most drastic affect on AoC, including more content.

Anyone have an official website or trailer for the Lego game?

I don't see anything different here. There should be no expectation that anything will be different under his direction.
    Last edited by twinklez3; 22nd March 2013 at 20:37.