Thread: Moderation

Default Moderation

I'm all for forum moderation, some of it is a bit silly ( but needed in the big picture ), however I have to sympathize with those whose language is not "supported" why and or what logic would dictate their ability to communicate and grow as a community ? Seriously why would they be limited to any language ? I truly don't follow that logic, if it's because mods don't speak it well let them trans via google rather than making the people's whose language is in question feel like 2nd class citizens. Just my two cents.
    Perception is everything, and yours doesnt matter.

questioning forum moderation is against the terms of service and will get you an infraction, get your thread closed, or both.

I suggest you use the private message system to ask a moderator- if they choose to even answer.

Moderation is getting out of hand here. I'll bet this thread will be deleted in a few minutes as well. You mods out there should ease up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Moderation is getting out of hand here. I'll bet this thread will be deleted in a few minutes as well. You mods out there should ease up a bit.
    to put it in perspective, in four years I got 1 infraction. in the past 24 hours I got 5.

European mods? I'm not sure, but I tend to agree with your assessment.

Actually I'm going to close it to prevent a flame fest. As this doesn't question a specific action by us mods (might slightly imply what we've been up to, but there's no mention of direct action) and the OP Does have a fair point; I've asked a one of our CMs to respond.

PS: back seat moderation is really annoying...

Thread closed
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Funcom

Hello there. The OP brings up a fair point and, while we don't condone questioning moderation publicly (PMing is preferred if you have a question about policy), I'll address the OP's concern.

I believe in certain cases, such as guild recruitment, it may be acceptable to occasionally post in an unsupported foreign language so long as the English language version is included in the same post and this is done in the original recruitment post only. While our moderators CAN make use of translation software, these tools are far from perfect and it is difficult to moderate a language you don't know. The officially supported languages in the forums are currently English, French, and German and we have volunteer moderation staff for those languages only. While we welcome open discourse from people of all backgrounds, for the purposes of moderation, we require that users post in each forum in its designated official language.
    Effiluna
    Community Manager
    ([URL="https://twitter.com/effiluna"]Twitter[/URL])([URL="http://www.facebook.com/effiluna"]Facebook[/URL])([URL="http://forums.ageofconan.com/member.php?u=225003"]Feedback[/URL])