Thread: Global harrasment!

Default Global harrasment!

There is always discussion going on about what is wrong and what should be changed and bla bla with this game.
    What I would like to see is someone get a grip on the situation in the global and NPH chat`s...lately its been horrible in there.
    I have personally petitioned several people who have been using our guilds name in fake recruitment ads with not very nice content. Also people spamming the same childish line over and over again in bold feeling they are quite the funny ones.
    Yes I know I can ignore, I got a ignore list from here to eternity, but when people start throwing **** using our guilds name I had enough, I dont want it used like that and it pisses med off that noone can take these buggers by the neck and shake them around a bit.
    GM`s!!!! Where are you???

I understand what your saying man. And I hate to say it, but Ignore is your friend. AS you stated, you have already been using it. But....

Puting a post on the forums is only going to make matters worse for you. It's giving them the knowledge that it is annoying you. A GM can do little to combat this, especially since the game is F2P. All they have to do is make another acct "for free" and repeat it over and over.

Case and point, Don't respond and delete this thread.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

AoC chat is complete sewage!
    1st, in-game chat should be getting the same moderation that the forums are getting. (1st you get a warning, next you get a STFU mute for 4 hours from a GM, and then finally for a 3rd offense you get a ban)
    2nd, I want the ability to ignore a Trolls' entire account, not just 1 of their 10+ toons at a time.(Same for Friends list)

I sympathize with you OP.
    While on the topic of global chat channels, how about stomping down on the gold sell spammers? Adding their website name to a chat filter so that posts containing it can't be written?

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    There is always discussion going on about what is wrong and what should be changed and bla bla with this game.
    What I would like to see is someone get a grip on the situation in the global and NPH chat`s...lately its been horrible in there.
    I have personally petitioned several people who have been using our guilds name in fake recruitment ads with not very nice content. Also people spamming the same childish line over and over again in bold feeling they are quite the funny ones.
    Yes I know I can ignore, I got a ignore list from here to eternity, but when people start throwing **** using our guilds name I had enough, I dont want it used like that and it pisses med off that noone can take these buggers by the neck and shake them around a bit.
    GM`s!!!! Where are you???
    Your guild recruitment adds on chat are provoking too much hamsters inducting them to suicide

also sighted drunk in the skies of

- DRAGON'S PROPHET -

guild recruiting ads on global can be spammed as much as you want, this has been said by a GM. I have petitioned several individuals who spam their guild ads a lot. These ads often contain quite stupid stories.

I don't want to say the guilds name because that would probably go against naming and shaming policy here on forums but i will say that this guild is from Crom server, their name starts with D and they have colorful ads.

since OP is probably a member of this guild, this is how it feels to people outside your guild to see that spam several times a day and on busy evenings several times in an hour.

get some humor out of that.

Spam i can live with (but of course would be more happy without, hehe).. what really gets me is the 4 times an hour invite to some random (usually Russian) guild....

grow thicker skin and realize your playing with good people and bad people. no moderation is needed beyond obvious gold spam or racial harassment.

I had to sit in petition queue for 6 hours yesterday, they certainly don't have time to protect you from global bad men.
    Last edited by twinklez3; 21st March 2013 at 14:30.

It is not the victims of spam who "should grow a thicker hide". Sure, it is a nice tip, if you can manage, but it does not take away the crime and the responsibility to deal with it. And it is for certain no excuse to keep insulting or trolling.

Ignore is nice too, but the problem is that you can't petition what you are ignoring...and the impression of chat to newcomers stays the same, even if it looks fine to veterans with a pagelong ignorelist

No automated filter or "clever" algorithm can deal with professional spammers or trolls...the only solution is fair punishment (no ninja bans etc.) and humans monitoring the chat with the power to moderate (e.g. give warnings and bans).

Everyone might write offensive things in global, depending on mood and provocation...therefore there has to be a human factor in dealing with it. Fingers crossed funcom finally realizes this (they probably do) and has the options to do something about it.
    Having players petition every break of "code of conduct" will certainly not help (it can be abused to keep GMs busy and away from other important tasks).

Since the forums are virtually a separate entity from the game itself, posting comments like this, looking for a GM will not help resolve your issues.

To contact Customer Service you have a few choices - read this announcement on how to do so.

Thread closed
    Closed
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.